PDA

View Full Version : Lots of air down the barrel!

The_Don_83
09-08-2007, 07:30 PM
I’ve never heard this much air coming out the barrel end before. Right when I air it up it just starts to go crazy with a lot of air coming out the barrel end. :mad:

I changed the regulator valve pin o-ring. This o ring keeps sitting in the regulator seat holder once I open up the valve after this problem occurred. I tried changing the power tube spacer and used the size with two solid lines. This is all I did and the problem is still happening… :confused:

EDIT:
I also changed...
Power Tube o-ring
Carrier O-Ring
On/Off O-Ring
Reg valve pin assy o-ring
Reg seat o-ring

Any ideas? (This is a x-valve with lvl 10)

This was also happening with my 68 classic valve… So I can’t figure out what is going on. Both guns have just been sitting in the house and have only had some minor changes done cosmetically.

Thanks,
Mike
The Don :cheers:

Madmarx
09-08-2007, 07:36 PM
do you have any smaller carriers?

questionful
09-08-2007, 08:01 PM
When you hold the trigger it stops, right?

Replace the powertube O-ring.

The_Don_83
09-08-2007, 08:42 PM
When you hold the trigger it stops, right?

Replace the powertube O-ring.

No! :mad:

That's why I don't know what to do.

And... which way is smaller carrier? Line or dash?

Madmarx
09-08-2007, 08:49 PM
do you have a single line or a single line w/ a dot?

The_Don_83
09-08-2007, 08:54 PM
do you have a single line or a single line w/ a dot?

Yes... I had a single line in there... didn't work.

Madmarx
09-08-2007, 09:07 PM
Still leaked down the barrel?
how about a single dot or blank?

Can you get on aim?

The_Don_83
09-08-2007, 09:07 PM
Yes... I had a single line in there... didn't work.

Also just tried 1 line and 1 dot.... didn't work

It doesn't air up or anything... holding down the trigger it still has air coming out really fast!

The_Don_83
09-08-2007, 09:55 PM
right when i screw in the tank... while holding down the trigger... it shots by itself eight or nine times…i havent been able to fire it yet

with one line carrier in there and oiling it… it went full auto for 9 shots then blot stuck
tried one dot and same thing…goes full auto…..with two lines it goes full auto… same thing…

questionful
09-08-2007, 10:15 PM
It sounds like your on/off top o-rings and powertube o-ring are messed up. What kind of oil have you been using? Try replacing both. And check your bolt stem for any damage.

The_Don_83
09-10-2007, 02:10 PM
It sounds like your on/off top o-rings and powertube o-ring are messed up. What kind of oil have you been using? Try replacing both. And check your bolt stem for any damage.

Replaced both and the problem is still occuring..... Anyone else??

What makes this even more confusing is I'm having the same problem on my classic valve as well... But that one when i hold down the trigger the air at least stops... when i hold down the trigger using the X-valve the air keeps going anyway....

Dend78
09-10-2007, 02:20 PM
sounds like you have the wrong spacer in to me man, have you tried them all? cause i found that one of mine leaked on all but one didnt matter how small or how large they got until i got just the right one it leaked, dont know why dont care why i got the right one and everything is peachy

dumb question you do have the lil spacer orings in there dont ya?

Coralis
09-10-2007, 05:31 PM
sounds like your rail bushing might be gone to me or your sear is damaged

olinar
09-10-2007, 06:20 PM
if you used 2 valves on the same lowers,body etc... maybe its not the valves.Like Coralis said, check the sear for wear and the rail bushing.

flyingpootang
09-10-2007, 06:57 PM
On your X valve with the L10 it's either the on/off o-rings are missing, on/off is sticking open, your L10 spacer is missing the o-ring, L10 missing the nylon washer, RT pin is too short, or your spring is too short. I would go back and double check that all the needed hardware is in place. Also please list the Mod that you did before all of this started.

TnDeathInc
09-10-2007, 09:05 PM
Okay this is really weird but here is something that recently happened.

Bought another mag a few months back. Leaked down the barrel, np adjust level 10, just right fitting, still leaks down the barrel. Rebuild the whole thing for the heck of it. Leaks down the barrel. Use a whole two tanks of scube, leaks down the barrel, pull trigger it stops like before.

Get mad put it down a while. I get a red x in the mail. Put it in that gun, leaks down the barrel pull the trigger and it stops. I am insane now. I change oring. same effect. I take the red x place it in my other mag. Works perfect. Try another mag, again perfect. Look at the black x that is the bane of my life. Put it in mag #2 works fine, mag #3 and so on through all 7 of my mags. So its not the oring. The vavles do not sit right on the rail that was reannoned and it looks like the pin that slides and locks into place, the hole it goes into is whollowed out. So i take the black x, put it in the frame i thinks busted tighten it up and push forward on the vavle to close the very small gap. works like a champ. Do the same with the red x, pus it really hard to hold it in place pull the trigger.....whammo perfect. So for curiosity, I take another x valve out of my rt pro, guess what it leaks....when i push and hold it forward no leak, aint that a :mad:

The_Don_83
09-11-2007, 08:28 AM
Okay this is really weird but here is something that recently happened.

Bought another mag a few months back. Leaked down the barrel, np adjust level 10, just right fitting, still leaks down the barrel. Rebuild the whole thing for the heck of it. Leaks down the barrel. Use a whole two tanks of scube, leaks down the barrel, pull trigger it stops like before.

Get mad put it down a while. I get a red x in the mail. Put it in that gun, leaks down the barrel pull the trigger and it stops. I am insane now. I change oring. same effect. I take the red x place it in my other mag. Works perfect. Try another mag, again perfect. Look at the black x that is the bane of my life. Put it in mag #2 works fine, mag #3 and so on through all 7 of my mags. So its not the oring. The vavles do not sit right on the rail that was reannoned and it looks like the pin that slides and locks into place, the hole it goes into is whollowed out. So i take the black x, put it in the frame i thinks busted tighten it up and push forward on the vavle to close the very small gap. works like a champ. Do the same with the red x, pus it really hard to hold it in place pull the trigger.....whammo perfect. So for curiosity, I take another x valve out of my rt pro, guess what it leaks....when i push and hold it forward no leak, aint that a :mad:

I do have a new rail.... Alpha Rail....when i did first get it I was having some problems, but they went away after moving the rail, body, trigger frame, ect around...

There is a gap between the valve and ULE body... maybe thats it..... anyway to fix it without just pushing it forward?? :confused:

luke
09-11-2007, 09:36 AM
Sounds to me like the the bolt is not catching the sear. (Not cocked) Try cocking it manually. Remove the barrel, gas up the gun, then quickly push on the face of the bolt before you lose all your air...

The_Don_83
09-14-2007, 10:35 PM
Sounds to me like the the bolt is not catching the sear. (Not cocked) Try cocking it manually. Remove the barrel, gas up the gun, then quickly push on the face of the bolt before you lose all your air...

I tried.. but couldn't push it back

Coralis
09-15-2007, 10:35 AM
Did you check the rail bushing or the sear ? also does your valve have the zlock pin installed ? it sounds like either something is missing or way misaligned.

The_Don_83
09-16-2007, 12:29 AM
Did you check the rail bushing or the sear ? also does your valve have the zlock pin installed ? it sounds like either something is missing or way misaligned.

rail bushin yes

looked at the sear

zlock pin yes

Not sure what is missing or misaligned.. :confused: Anyone?

Coralis
09-16-2007, 10:40 AM
I see you have a new rail ... if you have your old rail try using it instead to see if that solves your problem. Do you know anyone around you that has a mag so that you can put your valve on his gun just to see if this is a valve problem or something thing else ....

The_Don_83
09-16-2007, 11:56 AM
I see you have a new rail ... if you have your old rail try using it instead to see if that solves your problem. Do you know anyone around you that has a mag so that you can put your valve on his gun just to see if this is a valve problem or something thing else ....

Nope... I even tried the valve in another working mag setup and it didn't work. Could it be the trigger rod length?

I added and subtracted shims still nothing also..

Coralis
09-16-2007, 12:44 PM
hmmm i was focusing on the rail/sear because both of the valve you tried didnt work but now your saying that the valves dont work on a working mag set leads me back to the valve .... do you have the backing washer in the level 10 installed ? what about your bolt spring is it new/old ?

luke
09-24-2007, 03:18 PM
I tried.. but couldn't push it back

Is the lip on your bolt wore?