PDA

View Full Version : Can you fit a ult on a classic valve?

Mongoose
09-09-2007, 07:17 PM
Hello,
Like the title states...what needs to be done?
also how about a rt valve/emag valve?
thanks for the help

questionful
09-09-2007, 07:30 PM
It will fit most valves. The ones it won't fit are the ones that don't have two O-rings on top of the on/off assy. You can just drill the valve to fit it though.

TwilightG
09-10-2007, 04:59 AM
From my personal experience, it does fit the classic, but I would not recommend it.

Short stroking was my biggest problem.
Although, I have seen plenty of people here on AO using it in a classic using a bunch of shims to make it more reactive and reduces the short stroking.

I guess it doesn't hurt to at least try it before committing to buy it if that's an option.

Fantom
09-10-2007, 05:39 AM
It will fit most valves. The ones it won't fit are the ones that don't have two O-rings on top of the on/off assy. You can just drill the valve to fit it though.

I followed the advice of the AO Collective and used an RT. It was a lot much better fit. It reduced the pull of the trigger considerably, and then when I installed my Hyperframe, it worked great (after some adjustment in the length of the pin).

Mongoose
09-10-2007, 10:06 AM
thank you for your input!
i might try a rt.
when you had short strokeing how many shims did you have in the ult?

TwilightG
09-10-2007, 10:16 AM
thank you for your input!
i might try a rt.
when you had short strokeing how many shims did you have in the ult?

I had 2 shims but cannot be sure if they were ULT or LVL10 shims. The LVL10 shims are double the thickness of the ULT shims. Some have said that they are slightly different in color since it's so hard to see the thickness difference. I tried adding more shims but then had some leaking so I gave up on it.

I got my mag off ebay and didn't really have all the specs in detail. Turned out getting a LVL10 and ULT out of it but neither was tuned properly (some parts missing, etc) so I ended up buying an RT on/off and getting some spare parts for LVL 10 to get it all working properly.

The RT worked great in my minimag valve. I don't know how the trigger pull compares to the stock on/off since I originally started w/ the badly-tuned-ULT.

slasherdan
09-10-2007, 01:40 PM
I haven't had any problems with mine. Not even short stroking has come up.

Trigger pull may suck but the thing is super light.