PDA

View Full Version : does the crown point barrel worK

GallagherAtWar
01-10-2002, 05:41 PM
I heard Tom but i need results. Some1 with 1 tell if they like it and is it better then a boomy or a boa

personman
01-10-2002, 05:46 PM
yeah me too... i want to know if its better than my PMI ceramic... if it is, im BUYING IT!!!!!!! for 20 bucks.. a barrel... thats the cheapest barrel i have ever seen...plllzz tell me if its as good as tom says.. in fact, do me a favor and write a review up pbreview.com style.. lol

irbodden
01-10-2002, 05:49 PM
The Crownpoint is $20.. a Boomy is $110, is the Dye name worth $90 to ya?

FooTemps
01-10-2002, 05:51 PM
The crown point is just about the same as the j&j ceramic... Well, maybe better according to Miscue in the chat...

edit: Potato and I are arguing on if I misread what miscue said in chat so don't take my word for it right now...

edit 2: :o I misread... I'm soo embarrassed...

personman
01-10-2002, 06:49 PM
so.. who actually HAS one of these?kause it would be kind of nice if i had a better barrel than my ceramic

bofh
01-10-2002, 06:51 PM
Does it work? Of course it works. :)

Is it better than a boomstick or a freak? I don't know, Maybe it's better and maybe it's worse.

But have you even notice if your stock Automag barrel isn't good? Must people upgrade the barrel first off, but really, does it perform bad? My never has, and I used my stock barrels just as much, if not more than aftermarket barrels.

And I think the Crown Point looks cool.

personman
01-10-2002, 06:54 PM
my ceramic is ok, but it chops RPS swirlball BAD and it could stand to be a little more accurate..

CTG
01-11-2002, 10:55 PM
If you notice the videos on
http://www.odysseypaintball.com/halo.htm
201 and 204 use the crown point.

TheBigRaguPB4L
01-11-2002, 10:57 PM
didn't you hear, it's the best barrel you can get.:D :D :D

BONESisAgod
01-11-2002, 11:28 PM
Well, from what ive heard the crownpoint is infamouse for chopping balls, or is that the old crownpoints with the screw on tips?

tremis
01-12-2002, 08:48 AM
I had a big post here that I chose to delete due to the other members posting in this thread. I apologize, if I had bothered to look to see who they were before, I would not have posted at all. I guess thats something I'm going to have to do now:mad:

"Liars and hypocrites have no place in society" has and will always be my position.

Tremis

Jonno06
01-16-2002, 04:59 PM
Hi,One of AOs mods told me that the crownpoint barrel was a hoax barrel,they no longer sell it or make it.TK wanted to prove to his industry friends that us AGD customers arent mindless drones and we wont buy everything he endorses.To the sound of this thread,He was wrong.:(
Even if it was a hoax,i still want one as a collectors item!

~WarpedRT~
01-16-2002, 07:19 PM
I had one. It wasn't bad... but it sure needed some improving. I didn't care much for it. I had lots of breaks at the very end of the barrel. I sold it with my 68 Classic.

[NA]WARLORD
01-16-2002, 09:00 PM
I had one years ago, first thing I got rid of. When shootin it, it sounded like an old style cash register, ting, ting,ting, ting, an o-ring on the end of the barrel would solve this, but it made the gun look rigged, so I got an Armson pro series and that barrel rocked back in the day. Only prob it had was it was sooo dang loud.

Snooky
01-16-2002, 11:26 PM
I have one i have never used. Going this weekend will post results with it vs my jacko vs boomy.

DjGruv
01-17-2002, 03:09 AM
better than a freak:rolleyes: NOT!

cphilip
01-17-2002, 08:29 AM
It is as good as any other well made barrel with the right paint. Problem is getting the right paint for it. Like always. For that matter even piece of water pipe will shoot fairly well with the right paint.

athomas
01-17-2002, 02:15 PM
I had one that came with my mag years ago. It shot quite well. The bore size is large by today's average paint size. I think my barrel was about .693 inside diameter. It used to shoot the old RPS very accurately. So accurately that I didn't really consider paying extra for barrel upgrades until the newer smaller bore paint came out. Now, paint like diablo and ZAP and even the RPS are smaller bore and the crown point is no longer the accurate shooter that it was.

The crown point didn't seem to do anything. It just looked cool. The barrel performed just the same when the crown was chopped off. The sound was unique. It had a slight ping when the gun fired. If you used a silencer, as was popular years ago in big games, you only heard a gentle ping every time the gun was fired. It was awesome.

Todays barrels matched to paint are a much better choice to spend your money than a crown point. If owning a piece of history is your wish then get a crown point. They're cheap enough.

Enjoy.

jackass2030
01-17-2002, 03:14 PM
try this, get in touch with white wolf he can bore you barrel out to accept inserts, have the best of it all, im not sure if he can do it to mag barrels, but i know he can do it on all standard barrels (i.e. cocker, angel threads.)