PDA

View Full Version : Just got my Tac-1!

Argelmcgee
09-10-2007, 08:29 PM
It just came via UPS along with my Hammerhead kit for it. Aired it up, tested out the Level 10 (with a squeegee, I'm not gonna chance my finger) and then degassed it and figured out what made it tick. Well, sorta figured it out. Ok, so I have no idea how it works exactly, but I figured out where all the parts are, and made sure I could replace them.

Then I went ahead and stuck in the ULT (very easy to do, by the way, but the instructions could be a bit more clear). I gassed it up and tried to fire... nothing... So I stuck another shim in and it worked flawlessly. This thing just feels awesome! The trigger isn't quite as fast as an electric gun, I can't walk the trigger, but I can still shoot really fast, really easily, and thats all that matters.

I can't wait for West Point...

Now also, along with the gun came a little receipt from a chronograph which said that it had done 286.3, 286.4, 286.7... Now if that is true, these guns are truly godly. Do you people generally get consistency like that?

New 'mag owner,
Argelmcgee
E-Jam Red Raiders

Edit: And the gun itself...

http://img77.imageshack.us/img77/3279/tac1jt3.jpg

The full setup:

http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/3440/tac2dw6.jpg

Pzippy
09-10-2007, 08:34 PM
It wouldn't surprise me. The markers' internal regulators are amazingly consistent. This reminds me I need to fix my Tac-One. (I know, I know, I've got to me the one of two people on this planet who's mag needs fixing.)

sepplainer
09-11-2007, 01:37 AM
I also got the same sort of little tag in my box. I just had mine out Saturday it was within 2-6 FPS with the field Chrono. I imagine that with a very high quality Chrono I would be getting better results.
We finished the day at the X-Ball and hyperball fields after lots of scenario games and I was fully impressed with my Tac-one even against the ramping markers, the angel speed put me to ground a few times but otherwise it was right there, I was able throw massive amounts of paint down lanes. It is easy to move around with behind bunkers and at the snake.
With the Stock barrel (best paint to bore match) it was nearly silent, ref made that comment. I fell on it 2 times (slick grass)with no trouble..I got more bruses from falling on my Tac then I got from hits...It still worked like a charm.

Argelmcgee
09-11-2007, 08:56 AM
I have only dry-fired, but it is insanely loud without paint. Does paint make that much of a difference?

Warwitch
09-11-2007, 10:13 AM
I have only dry-fired, but it is insanely loud without paint. Does paint make that much of a difference?

Paint does make a big difference but Mags arent the quietest markers on the planet.

Oh, and yes we see Tac-ones all the time but we still like pics ;)

Welcome!

Argelmcgee
09-11-2007, 12:51 PM
Pics coming as soon as I get back home and find my USB cable for the camera. It looks so sweet. The Hammerhead really looks nice on the Tac-1.

Dend78
09-11-2007, 01:28 PM
welcome to the dark side young skywalker :p

congrats on the mag purchase, i think you are really going to be pleased with your purchase, and to answer your question 2-10fps is normal for a mag it normally hits around the lower end of that.

:cheers:

finnmanpa
09-11-2007, 02:44 PM
NICE!!!

You realize now I must give your gun a test run at E-Jam.

Hey, did it come with the extra springs, shims, and carriers for the Level-10? Just curious from your last post.

Congrats man, welcome to the family. Enjoy it, I know you will!!

Remember to check out my AGD manifesto on our site. It will give you a good walking through to trouble shoot if you need it. You can always call me too and I can walk you through anything if you ever need.

Finnie
LT. E-Jam Red Raiders

Argelmcgee
09-11-2007, 03:33 PM
It did include the 2 other springs, all the carriers, 2 shims, 2 carrier o-rings and a larger o-ring, and a foamie. The carriers sizes were... one no-line carrier, two 1-line carriers, two 2-line carriers, two 3-line carriers and one 4-line carriers. It also included a CD (which I'm gonna watch for tuning the Level 10.

Edit: Didn't realize, there are dots for sizing on one of the 1-line carriers, one of the 2-line carriers and one of the 3-line carriers.

I'm excited for West Point! Gonna take it out into the garage and test fire it though today... Pictures up very soon.

Finnie, if I'm able to go to the E-Jam Scenario, I'll let you play with my gun. :D Just let me get my turn... And you might just like the ULT.

finnmanpa
09-11-2007, 07:20 PM
Finnie, if I'm able to go to the E-Jam Scenario, I'll let you play with my gun. :D Just let me get my turn... And you might just like the ULT.

I'll drop a few rounds through it, not to many though, I don't want to get used to this ULT stuff cause I'm too cheap to get it.

When I was your age, we didn't have the ULT, or the X-Valve, or the Level 10!!
We had Level 6, with a bolt that would chop your finger off, and we liked it!!

Just kidding, technology is great, and the Mag just keeps getting better.

I won't be at West Point, hopefully you'll show up for awhile at E-Jam, but if not I understand why.

slasherdan
09-13-2007, 10:36 AM
Mags with hammerheads are almost to quite.