PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use Gamefly or other service?

Resurection
09-11-2007, 07:33 PM
OK, So I am looking to get into an online/mail order video game rental service. Anyone using one and what do you think about it? If it makes a difference, I have a Wii system so am looking at those games. Thanks.

y0da900
09-11-2007, 07:44 PM
OK, So I am looking to get into an online/mail order video game rental service. Anyone using one and what do you think about it? If it makes a difference, I have a Wii system so am looking at those games. Thanks.

I had gameznflix for a while, but got rid of it, even though it is dirt cheap. Lots of people have a really hard time getting games, and I had a queue of over 40 movies, when I went almost 2 weeks without a single shipment (after they got the last batch back), I pulled the plug on it. So I guess the only advice I have is stay away from that service. There is a really long thread about it on www.cheapassgamer.com in the video game deals forum, the vast majority seem to have the same problems that I did, but a few people love it.

kenndogg
09-12-2007, 06:44 AM
I used a similar service for dvds from Netflix. At first I started having problems recieving dvds. Either they failed to show up or not all the dvds came. In some cases the dvd itself was missing. I concluded that they were stolen during transit from employees of the postal service. I than purchased a P.O. box and that problem was minimalized.
I think a large problem with these services is the the envelope that they arrive in and the ones enclosed to return are not discreet enough. It also doesn't help matters that the envelopes are flimsy.
So do I like the service? Yeah, its good, but not without some major flaws.

-Z3R0-
09-12-2007, 06:59 AM
I use GameAccess, which is a Canadian version of Gamefly. I like it so far. They're in Quebec and I'm in Southern Ontario, and from when they ship out a game to when I receive it is 3 days. Not too bad. And the discs are in good condition from what I've seen.

Resurection
09-14-2007, 06:59 PM
Thanks for the input. I'm going to try the local Blockbuster first, and maybe move to Gamefly or something later.

CharlieD
09-17-2007, 10:47 PM
i'm a current subscriber. i like the service. our family likes to play. wife not so much but our two boys do, so we have no shortage of demand. we own an xbox and a psp. we have a two game plan and it's worth it in my estimation.

thinking about getting a wii too. i tried blockbuster and they were seriously lacking in selection. i use gamefly for video games and netflix for movies. all delivered to the door for less than a night at the movies. HA!

gamefly has everything out for wii I assume.

how do you like the wii? i'd like to get one. people seem to love it. the wife wants one. most of whats available for xbox and psp doesn't appeal to her. but there seems to be quite a variety of games now for wii having just looked a gamefly's collection.

Resurection
09-20-2007, 08:26 PM
I'm loving the Wii, it's been a lot more fun that I thought it would be, and it's also easier to get a grasp (no pun) of the controls than I expected.

Thanks for the input. My local Blockbuster has very limited selection, but I figure about one month of their game service will give me a chance to break their shelves down and get some good Christmas ideas. :)