PDA

View Full Version : ult fullauto?

jhill112
09-12-2007, 06:49 PM
is the ult supose to go full auto?u should be able to single shot and fullauto if u work the tigger right.is this correct?

Argelmcgee
09-12-2007, 08:00 PM
First of all, could you please use the search button next time?

The ULT is an upgrade to make the trigger need less force to pull. This translates to faster firing, but keep in mind, it's all in semi-automatic. You can get a good 12 balls a second without much effort at all by fanning the trigger, and I bet if you really try hard could go quite a bit higher.

Just keep in mind no Automags (except E-Mags) can do anything other than semi-automatic, but Automags have a response trigger that allows them to fire faster than most other mechanical guns. The ULT merely makes the semi-automatic even faster.

-Z3R0-
09-12-2007, 08:12 PM
I think if your ULT is going full auto it means you've got too many shims in it, or something.

jhill112
09-12-2007, 08:58 PM
i was thinking to many shims, but depending on my finger placment i get different affects.i can get fullauto like on the stock on/off when sweetspoted.will the fullauto mess up any thing?

Argelmcgee
09-12-2007, 09:44 PM
Oh, that's your response trigger. No, 'mags are meant to fire fast. There's nothing at all wrong with blazing away at it, just remember to oil the gun up before you play.

d4m4don3
09-12-2007, 09:50 PM
If you stack all 6 shims in a ult you can get the marker to be somewhat reactive in short bursts with a screw in tank .

A proper ULT removes the reactivity out of the trigger and gives the trigger a 15oz pull. Technically this slows the X/Retro Valves rate of fire. If you leave the stock on/off on your mag and get an adjustable tank you can get that marker going to 23+ bps or more. A fellow AO'er by the name of Zak Vetters gotten a mag going to about 32 bps but it was done using a scuba tank set with an output of 1800 psi.

Check out his site, it may answer some of your questions.

Zak Vetters Web Page (http://www.zakvetter.com/)

d4m4don3
09-12-2007, 09:54 PM
Oh, that's your response trigger. No, 'mags are meant to fire fast. There's nothing at all wrong with blazing away at it, just remember to oil the gun up before you play.

Tippmans have a response trigger, it takes the gas being expelled after firing and pushes the trigger back into position.

Mags have a reactive trigger, they take the pressure coming out to the valve before its fired by the gun so you can control its reactivity by the output pressure of your tanks regulator. :cheers:

jhill112
09-13-2007, 05:11 PM
my reg goes to 1200psi,i run at 1000psi.i have seen vetter on the net.i have tried to go fullauto with the stock on/off.

Spider-TW
09-14-2007, 04:10 PM
is the ult supose to go full auto?u should be able to single shot and fullauto if u work the tigger right.is this correct?

Yes.

The ULT design is less reactive than the stock on/off with the same on/off pin length and same number of shims. With an adjustable reg output, you should be able to hit the amount of reactivity you want with either one. If it goes too fast or too often, back your reg down.

The balance between the shims and the reg output decide how easy it is to 'sweetspot'. The rate of fire while 'going reactive' is mostly decided by the reg output. With a stock X-valve (and on/off), I have a difficult time going reactive below a pressure that will get less than 13 bps. 15 bps pressure is a little hard to sweetspot under stress sometimes. 19 bps pressure is a little hard to single shot. I could probably use a shim in my on/off to play 15 bps, but it keeps me out of trouble. With fresh lube and good paint, the rate of fire seems to creep up a little bit.

About the only way to damage a mag (other than feeding it sand) is to limit the travel of the sear too much. This happens with forward trigger stops that are too tight, pins that are too short, or too many shims. You should be able to pull a single shot when you want (I try to keep it at a trigger tap, rather than holding the trigger down). Also check the outer edge of the bolt for scratches and cuts by the sear. If they are noticeable and getting worse, the sear is not engaging enough and you need fewer shims or a longer pin (if you don't have a forward travel trigger stop, that is doing it).

Or, just have at it and be willing to buy a new bolt (and later a sear) after you chew it up. :D

Either way, keep your bolt bumper in good shape. :shooting:

jhill112
09-14-2007, 09:09 PM
right on right on. this guy rules.thanks