PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Needs Help

dsmit367
09-13-2007, 10:02 PM
I recently purchased an E-Mag from my cousin (some of you might know him, but I don't know what his ID here is) He gave me the nickel tour and sent me on my way home. I couldn't wait to get home a fire it, however it was leaking out the back of the valve, turned up the velocity and presto!!! The problem is, now I can get one or two, sometimes even a dozen shots, then it starts venting out the side (sounds like anyway). I have read the posts in the Level 10 thread (It does have a level 10) and I am just over whelmed. I read, then tinker, then read then tinker. I have had to resort to the ol' A-5 the past two times I have gone to play.... Any suggestions?

I turn the air off and on and the bolt/valve resets itself, however, that makes for a rough time when people are firing at you.....

And, just as a side note, I think my cousin said something about Tom setting this gun up himself. It is an E-mag valve, Lvl 10 bolt, Halo-fed Warp, with an Air America Armageddon valve set at 800..... bottle is a 68ci/45k (and it's even full)

Thanks in Advance!!

st6212
09-13-2007, 10:49 PM
Have you put a few drops of oil in the valve then air it up?

dsmit367
09-13-2007, 11:02 PM
Have you put a few drops of oil in the valve then air it up?

I have. Been using Kermode Concepts K-C Trouble Free Blue

st6212
09-14-2007, 01:20 AM
When you say it is venting out the side, whereabouts? through the bleed hole on the side or between the two halves of the valve?

I'd take the valve apart and make sure the o-rings are ok and that there's isn't any debris caught inside, especially where the reg valve pin is located.

dsmit367
09-14-2007, 09:22 AM
According to Evil Bob,

"Change the spring you NOOB!!!"

Evil Bob
09-14-2007, 09:26 AM
dsmit367 is my cousin :) Sold him all my kit, I'm out of pball for good now. Yeah, he just needs to go to a shorter spring, it was tuned into the stupidly finicky range, he just needs to tone it down a bit and it'll work fine for him.

-EB