PDA

View Full Version : Pneumag - MSV 2 question

stevewar
09-14-2007, 06:38 PM
I'm currently building my first pneumag, and my stabilizer hasn't shown up yet so I started by mouting the msv-2 into my intelliframe.

The issue that I'm having is that the MSV-2 doesn't appear to have enough strength to push the trigger all of the way forward. When I air up the system will that improve?

mag79
09-14-2007, 06:49 PM
Steve I am in the process of building my first one as well. I asked myself the same question...Is it strong enough to push the trigger back? I belive this is one of the reasons that some people put set screw of the trigger, to limit the travel goin back. I use many air driven valve and they increase in power when aired up. But I am not sure if it will increase in the mvs.

Spider-TW
09-14-2007, 07:56 PM
Yes, air does help (good thing huh?). Be sure and clean any burrs off the frame around the trigger rod and grind away anything that touches the lever arm on the sides so that the lever is free to move. Also check that the trigger moves freely by itself.

djellum
09-14-2007, 09:52 PM
I was thinking of trying a magnet system on mine. Havent got that far yet since I am waiting for some parts to start. I'll let you know how it works if I do it.

drg
09-15-2007, 02:00 AM
As the others have said, yes it does increase in return power when aired up. However it does remain relatively weak, and in my experience the lack of return force is one of the trickiest things about setting up a pneumag. It's VERY easy to get a little bind on the trigger that just ruins your ROF.

I'm pretty sure some kind of return assist, be it spring or magnet, could produce some meaningful gains in trigger "friendliness" on pneumags.

questionful
09-15-2007, 02:19 AM
Wow, it's so light you guys want to make it heavier?

I want a pneuframe. . .

Pneumagger
09-15-2007, 07:37 AM
just cut the lever down and the pull force will increase.

stevewar
09-19-2007, 09:54 PM
just cut the lever down and the pull force will increase.

Actually the pull force is not the issue, it's the return. IE, point your gun straight up, pull the trigger, let go of the trigger, trigger doesn't return all of the way leaving the pnuematics open.

The first thing I did was to lighten the pin that connects my trigger to the MSV. I took a piece of bamboo skewer and fashioned it into a pint that looks like ths

=========-- with the small end going through a hole drilled in the MSV. The return is strong enough now to push the arm closed unless the gun is almost completely vertical without any air pressure. I think once it's aired up this solution will work 100%.

I'm going to play a day with the gun just the way it is. if I have problems I'm going to mount a very light spring help the trigger return.

Pneumagger
09-19-2007, 10:09 PM
The trigger stiffens up under pressure - it will not be that light after you air it up. Your making your life overly difficult.

Mongoose
09-20-2007, 08:25 PM
I was thinking of trying a magnet system on mine. Havent got that far yet since I am waiting for some parts to start. I'll let you know how it works if I do it.

Tonn and i have tried the magnets and cyberave is in the process of making a magnet setup.
once we try it out i will post more.

the setup we had was pulling too much, so the new version will be adjustable.

Also when i set up my pnuemag i place it as close to the rod as possible without it leaking, that way it fires right away with less travel. i need to mention it wasnt cut short and the trigger pull is feather light.

and like pnuemagger said the return will get better when aired up.