PDA

View Full Version : couple o' questions

Pudgey51
09-15-2007, 10:48 AM
A thanx goes out in advance to anyone who can help me.

1st. i have a tac-one, with level 10, no ult. Im running with the blue bumper only kuz the clear one with the level 10 had cut itself and was gettin all twisted up on the power tip. When i start dry firing the gun will shoot and then stop, i pushed on the face of the bolt heard a click and then it will start shooting again. so the bolt isnt goin back the whole way, would it be the level 10 spring or the bumper? again this is all happening while dry firing, no rounds shot thru yet.

2nd. Maybe im not lookin in the right place on AGD but does the go-x program allow for retro valves to be sent in? i thought i saw it said they do but i think im not lookin in the right place.

Andrewliu6294
09-15-2007, 12:05 PM
neither.

I could be that you have too many shims in the LX or the wrong size carrier. or both. Have you tuned the LX? you could be getting some slight bolt stick.

Pudgey51
09-15-2007, 12:42 PM
no i havent, ill take a stab at it tonight maybe or on monday at work, i didnt even think about that

athomas
09-15-2007, 04:12 PM
When i start dry firing the gun will shoot and then stop, i pushed on the face of the bolt heard a click and then it will start shooting again. so the bolt isnt goin back the whole way, would it be the level 10 spring or the bumper?

2nd. Maybe im not lookin in the right place on AGD but does the go-x program allow for retro valves to be sent in? i thought i saw it said they do but i think im not lookin in the right place.You are getting bolt stick. You need to remove all the shims in the level 10 and use the next larger carrier. Then add shims one at a time until you get a leak. Then remove the shim that caused it to leak.

The go-x program includes all valves. Why would you send in a retro valve though? Except for the weight, the retro-valve is the same as the x-valve. Why pay the difference for the trade in? If you do want a x-valve, buy one and sell the retro. It will be cheaper in the end.

Pudgey51
09-15-2007, 10:14 PM
wellt he retro is kinda messed up, leakin everywhere, wont completely cycle, im sure i can fix it and then sell it but is there anyone who really wants the retro valve now that the x is out?

athomas
09-16-2007, 07:46 AM
Lots of people still want the retro-valve. Its the same valve as the x-valve only it has 3oz more weight. My question is why pay that much money just to save 3oz? I'd keep it.

Money wise, the best deal for you would be to buy a used x-valve and sell a used retro valve.

Pudgey51
09-20-2007, 11:51 AM
ur probably right, the only problem with it right now is it leaks like crazy and wont cycle so i need an oring kit and what not and ill see if i can get it running.

Pudgey51
10-01-2007, 10:21 PM
upon reviewing of the AGD website and the Go-X program i found the following in the discription:
"There is no additional discount for trading in a Retro Valve."...my question now is, does that mean that if u send int he Retro Valve u will receive no discount at all making it regular price, or does it mean that it will still only be $50 off the upgrade program...im assuming its the latter correct? just wanna make sure

athomas
10-02-2007, 04:43 AM
The trade in value of a retro valve is the same as that of the classic valve.

Pudgey51
10-22-2007, 11:38 AM
thought id let all of u out there who helped me that i got the level 10 working, my only question is...is it ok that i have no shims in?

phizz
10-22-2007, 11:42 AM
I say keep the retrovalve as well but if you really don't want to. Sell it for about $80-$100 not working and buy an x-valve. That way you are still up about $30 on the price. Also I would buy a used x-valve as long as the person guarantees its working.

As far as I know there is no problem with having no shims. I have no shims in one of mine as it works just fine.

One more question is the retrovalve the one you are tuning the lvl X on? if so you are already past the hard part of getting leaks to stop just change up the other few o-rings and you should be leak free (fingers crossed)

Pudgey51
10-22-2007, 11:58 AM
no the level 10 is on the xvalve in my tac-one, the retro is in a classic i picked up from the store i work at for dirt cheap...the barrel tip is dented in so far its not able to shoot lol it had been up there for a few years so my boss let me take it. i gotta order an oring kit (which i forgot to do while ordering my charger for my emags) and then im gonna see if i can get her running.