PDA

View Full Version : Paintball

Miscue
09-15-2007, 09:33 PM
I haven't paid any attention to paintball at all for the past couple of years it seems. I have no idea what the state of paintball is right now. I perused through some of online paintball stores (it's been so long I forgot the URLs for a bit)... and it seems to me that the equipment has not changed. I noticed that JT Spectras are under $20 now.

Something I find interesting is how adjustable tanks disappeared. A preset tank was considered inferior - you were the cool kid with the $500+ (or whatever it used to cost, I couldn't afford it at the time) Air America adjustable tank...

There seems to be lots more non-functional accessories... a lot of focus on clothing and stuff. It used to be... that if you picked an "accessory" at random... odds were good that it was an Autococker part... there were just so many.

I can't find any long drops/cradles, although I'm sure they're out there.

Looks like splash paint hasn't made a comeback... solid/fade anodization is still what's popular... going on almost 10 years now I guess.

Is the Angel getting uglier?

I don't see Hammerhead barrels for sale in Paintballgear.net - hurm. I thought everyone and their mom would be shooting these by now... :rofl:

So... looks like to me... there hasn't been much or any innovation - maybe stuff is getting cheaper because of new manufacturing processes.

RRfireblade
09-15-2007, 09:38 PM
Yup. :)

RobAGD
09-15-2007, 09:39 PM
Naw it getting cheaper because the wholesalers sell to small shops at what would typical be high volume dealer numbers.

This indrusty is borked

There really hasnt been much in teh way of inovation, you make something new you get a law suit.

Thing are just getting lighter, smaller and a little faster.

Clothing and what not are big margin items so everyone is in that. Its all about selling the life style.

Thing got cheap because newer stuff came out.

As to preset regs, it came down to simple money. Presets are cheaper, easier to swap between guns and most kids wont kill themselves on them.

Too much stuff is made in china etc etc etc

Did I mention I hate Retail ?

-Robert

So brian what HAVE you been up to ? Post in I

Skoad
09-15-2007, 09:39 PM
paintball's for suckers.

Miscue
09-15-2007, 09:48 PM
I've been playing a crap load of ping pong. I dumped about $300 last month into equipment alone... and am about to order more stuff. Too much new equipment to try out! :p

Is the chat room back up? The disappearance of the chat room has resulted in the disappearance of me from AO... and I think a lot of us really.

Naw it getting cheaper because the wholesalers sell to small shops at what would typical be high volume dealer numbers.

This indrusty is borked

There really hasnt been much in teh way of inovation, you make something new you get a law suit.

Thing are just getting lighter, smaller and a little faster.

Clothing and what not are big margin items so everyone is in that. Its all about selling the life style.

Thing got cheap because newer stuff came out.

As to preset regs, it came down to simple money. Presets are cheaper, easier to swap between guns and most kids wont kill themselves on them.

Too much stuff is made in china etc etc etc

Did I mention I hate Retail ?

-Robert

So brian what HAVE you been up to ? Post in I

Army
09-16-2007, 12:17 AM
Hey Q, long time no!

I'm gonna try to get out the the XPSL finals next year (like before), let's go get a beer then?

Miscue
09-16-2007, 12:18 PM
You bet!

Hey Q, long time no!

I'm gonna try to get out the the XPSL finals next year (like before), let's go get a beer then?