PDA

View Full Version : Faq?

angrysasquatch
09-15-2007, 09:40 PM
Alright, so I'm a little bit confused. From what I've read, this is an attempt to be kind of a "company" whose workers are members of. Correct? and the "workers" post up good ideas and develop them with "colleagues" until its a feasible idea. Then it is produced? This is a nonprofit thing, right? As in if I came up with an idea, I wouldn't receive money from its success. Does the creator: get money/ participate in the testing and get a free part/ do it for the greater good? I also heard stuff about patents. how are we gonna keep SP from ripping us off? This sounds like it has the potential to be a great little project, however, I think we need to have a solid policy on EVERYTHING. I just need a little FAQ on the current vision of the project. Also, give me some general ideas (whole gun, mag upgrades, what?) for what might be researched so I can get my thinking cap on :tard:

rabidchihauhau
09-16-2007, 08:21 AM
FAQ = GOOD IDEA.

Does someone want to write a draft?

Angry: you're right in that more needs to be done. You're ahead of the situation if you assume that anything solid has been laid down. It is most firmly still in the discussion phase, which might eventually lead to the structure/rules creation phase.

MedicDVG
09-16-2007, 09:07 AM
Do you plan to create a subscription only, private forum on AO? Otherwise what is to prevent someone from reading all the ideas, and glom off your IP and produce it out from under you?

Secondly, I highly applaud the efforts for a AO "Think Tank" to pool and possibly develop new ideas. While I may not be the greatest in design (most definitely not) should this venture get off the ground, I would be interested in looking at investing to help with R&D, Prototyping etc.

I am keeping a close eye on this as it is fascinating to me. It reminds me of some of the computer 'clubs' and inventor's clubs of the 70's from which sprang Jobs, Woz, Gates, and our own TK.

Keep it up and best of luck!

rabidchihauhau
09-16-2007, 11:53 AM
There is another post on here where I reference the fact that since AO is a public forum, it will not be the appropriate place to share information that, while it may be shared by the group, remains confidential.