PDA

View Full Version : My new ride!

devildog
09-16-2007, 04:34 PM
2.5 years in iraq afforded me the oppurtunity to save for something nice, here she is:

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff115/gainman/Picture004.jpg

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff115/gainman/Picture003.jpg

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff115/gainman/Picture002.jpg

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff115/gainman/Picture001.jpg

Sorry for the crappy pics, i dont have a good camera nor am i a good photographer.

:D

Steelrat
09-16-2007, 04:39 PM
Beautiful car, absolutely stunning. I'm sure it goes like a bat out of hell too.

But I know someone who owned a 7 series, so I have one word of warning. God help you when its time for maintenance.

Ruler_Mark
09-16-2007, 04:44 PM
no war stories :(,, grats on the m3 what year is it?

devildog
09-16-2007, 04:49 PM
But I know someone who owned a 7 series, so I have one word of warning. God help you when its time for maintenance.

I know, im so scared :( LOL

car is a 2002, 6mt (smg is not for me), no options

has 6k hid lights and fogs, umnitza angel eyes, borla mid pipe, el diablo ti exhaust (sounds amazing), uuc short shift kit, chip has higher rev limiter and top speed limiter was removed, and chip was reworked to add a couple of hp's. rims are 19" bmw csl

as far as war stories, i got a million. buy me a beer sometime and ill blow your mind ;)

thanks for the praises, my heart races everytime i drive it. its stupid fast. im thinking of supercharging it :eek:

Will Wood
09-16-2007, 04:50 PM
Hows the interior?

My mom had a BMW, I drove it a couple times I'll give BMW props for performance, but the interior sucked. The easily broken flimsy cup holders, would block all the console buttons when used. The visors where small and hardly of any use. It came with a CD changer.. in the trunk. couldn't change CDs while driving. Etc.

Dunno if all BMW's are like that, but I hate at least one model.

But grats on the new car!! :clap: :clap:

Good trunk space too, for most of them. You could fit like 10 bodies in em.

devildog
09-16-2007, 05:08 PM
this car is still pretty new, and the previous owner took GREAT care of it, so the interior is flawless. the only gripe i have the the crappy sun roof visor, and the window motor regulators. the clips on the visor in this one broke, but the windows still work great. oh well, easy fix!!!

Steelrat
09-16-2007, 05:42 PM
Did someone actually complain about cup holders and sun visors on a BMW? While they SHOULD get those things right on such an expensive car, most German cars get those sort of things horribly wrong. 911s, for the longest time, had clip on cup holders, for Pete's sake.

Anyways, the person I knew with the 7 series almost dumped it right after a brake job and tuneup that ran over (no lie) $1K. Everytime I looked at one I just remind myself of that. If my life situation was different though, I'd be sorely tempted...

wetwrks
09-16-2007, 05:47 PM
"2.5 years in iraq"

Congrats, you deserve it. Thank you for your service.

Warwitch
09-16-2007, 06:15 PM
Wow, great choice. Always been a fan of the M3's.

Thank you for your service!!!

Beemer
09-16-2007, 07:20 PM
Thats Sweet, Congrats. Happy you could afford it, your service is Priceless. Thank You.

So whats the HP? Got a 0 to 60 time? What was the top speed limiter at? What was the rev at and whats it now? How Fast have ya had it? Gotta love chip mods. :argh:

If its stupid fast now, what would that make it if you Supercharge it? :spit_take

You can do all the basic maint, brakes, oil, plugs, bla bla yourself on the low. Just dont break anything else. I had a Beamer back in 86. Wasnt as fast as yours but I got the heart race just the same. It will handle it if you can but be cool. :cheers: I feel the need the need for speed.

devildog
09-16-2007, 08:01 PM
So whats the HP? Got a 0 to 60 time? What was the top speed limiter at? What was the rev at and whats it now? How Fast have ya had it? Gotta love chip mods. :argh:

factory stock this car puts out 333hp. with the mods its estimated around 340-345, but i need to get it dynoed to be sure.

0-60 i think factory is 4.8secs or something along those lines. i ran a 13.01 on street tires and alot of wheel slip. theres a video on youtube of a guy runing a 12.75 factory stock. but he is unbelievable driver, ill never be able to pull something like that.

factory rev is 7800 i think, now its at 8200. ive had it cruising comfortably at 155mph through penn, jaming to some oldies and singing lol the speedo goes to 180, but with the mods the car will push past it.

its pretty quick on the 1/4, but the place the car really shines is on the track. as much as i love the big hp and fast runs you see on a drag strip, the true test of a car is on a road course where you still have acceleration, but you also add in top speed, braking, turning. im gonna get her out to limerock race track and have some fun next spring. im gonna hit the local autocross event next month.

I love this thing

devildog
09-16-2007, 08:02 PM
oh, and beemer is spelled bimmer ;)

Pzippy
09-16-2007, 08:06 PM
Very cool car. Love the black too! My personal favorites of the BMW line are the Z4s though.

devildog
09-16-2007, 08:07 PM
the z-line is a chick car :p

Beemer
09-16-2007, 10:15 PM
oh, and beemer is spelled bimmer ;)

I know, just testing ya. Mine coulda been a two wheeler but it wasnt. Just nobody on the team understood when they gave me the nick name cause I drove a Bimmer and couldnt spell it right. :tard:

http://www.bmwccbc.org/misc/tech-and-trivia/bimmer.html

What was the stock speed limiter at.

oneworld
09-17-2007, 12:10 AM
Oh God.. thats a sweet ride man..congradulations..you deserve it.

devildog
09-17-2007, 05:16 PM
thanks for all the good thoughts everyone!

Ruler_Mark
09-17-2007, 05:31 PM
I know, im so scared :( LOL

car is a 2002, 6mt (smg is not for me), no options

has 6k hid lights and fogs, umnitza angel eyes, borla mid pipe, el diablo ti exhaust (sounds amazing), uuc short shift kit, chip has higher rev limiter and top speed limiter was removed, and chip was reworked to add a couple of hp's. rims are 19" bmw csl

as far as war stories, i got a million. buy me a beer sometime and ill blow your mind ;)

thanks for the praises, my heart races everytime i drive it. its stupid fast. im thinking of supercharging it :eek:

if ur ever in gainesville fl ill buy u a beer.