PDA

View Full Version : new but not a virgin

CharlieD
09-17-2007, 09:21 PM
ok. call me ignorant. i played paintball once in las vegas during a bach party weekend. but didn't know forums about it existed. guess i should have since forums exist about everything else. signed up last week or so and came back to check it out a bit. interested in seeing what the peeps is like. :dance:

would i be way off base to guess that mostly gents hang out here? great if a bunch of girls repliled and said F you, we play too!

temps
09-17-2007, 09:32 PM
We had two girls.. but they left a while ago :(

temps
09-17-2007, 09:34 PM
oh.. and.. welcome to AO! and paintball! :D

Anjin3515
09-17-2007, 09:45 PM
my wife plays....but she doesnt post here...and well....she is my wife :rolleyes:

CharlieD
09-17-2007, 09:59 PM
what! no girls. ah well. my wife would get jealous anyway if she knew any were around here. :D

so this is a forum for paintball in general or for a certain type of paintball gun? please tell me if such ignorant questions get old quick. just wondering.

Geronimo7
09-17-2007, 10:09 PM
Welcome to AO Charlie :cheers: you are right, this is all bout paintball and a certain type of gun...the AUTOMAG :shooting:

Seriously though, you ran right into a great bunch of people here that never get tired of talking bout this sort of thing :) just uh....never say ION, or AGD is going out of business and you'll be alright :cheers:

CharlieD
09-17-2007, 10:54 PM
i won't say that. and i'll even try to figure out why. i'm going to bed now. :sleeping: but fun poking around. if i get bored at work tomorrow i'll check in and learn a little more.

i guess it's never too late too start paintballing. i'll leave with a question so i'll be sure to stop back. where does one find out about paintball in your area?

trevorjk
09-18-2007, 12:58 PM
i won't say that. and i'll even try to figure out why. i'm going to bed now. :sleeping: but fun poking around. if i get bored at work tomorrow i'll check in and learn a little more.

i guess it's never too late too start paintballing. i'll leave with a question so i'll be sure to stop back. where does one find out about paintball in your area?

www.warpig.com

is a GREAT site for finding fields and shops around you. it is also a great site for reading professional reviews and articles on how to, and how its done. LOTS of information on that site.

dstud2000
09-18-2007, 01:29 PM
www.pbreview.com also has a field locator and also....reviews from people who have played at those fields. Though you sometimes have to take what some people say in those reviews with a grain of salt.

ProblemKinder
09-18-2007, 02:05 PM
wait, you mean AGD isn't going out of business....??

just kidding. long live the automag!

Dend78
09-18-2007, 02:06 PM
wait did you say AGD is going out of business becuase of the ION :eek: :rofl:

welcome to AO, nice place to hang, step into the classifieds i got some stuff you need to buy :D

koleah
09-18-2007, 02:11 PM
AGD is going out of business becuase of the ION :eek: :rofl:

OH NOES!!! AGD = TEH FAIL! :eek: :eek:

CharlieD
09-20-2007, 10:48 AM
www.warpig.com

is a GREAT site for finding fields and shops around you. it is also a great site for reading professional reviews and articles on how to, and how its done. LOTS of information on that site.

thanks i'll check it out.

CharlieD
09-20-2007, 10:50 AM
btw, this is one of the friendliest places I've ever visted on- or offline. :hail:

warbeak2099
09-20-2007, 11:26 AM
btw, this is one of the friendliest places I've ever visted on- or offline. :hail:

Your homepage is obviously a Neo-Nazi website and you most likely live in a dungeon as the gimp of an S&M master.

J/k, we're not that bad...

trevorjk
09-20-2007, 12:25 PM
Your homepage is obviously a Neo-Nazi website and you most likely live in a dungeon as the gimp of an S&M master.

J/k, we're not that bad...

i beg to differ http://www.vvdrienerlo.nl/smileys/whip.gif

DBC
09-20-2007, 02:16 PM
With regards to finding out about local fields, I have found that online reviews do not give the whole picture. For example, it is hard to tell how many people show up on a regular basis from the reviews. I went to one place that had several really good fields, but nobody came! I tried them a couple times with the same results. My advice is to try them all till you find what you like.

OneUp
09-20-2007, 03:26 PM

there are certainly less friendly paintball forums out there, namely the forums that cater to kids who are sheeps and follow the most trendy, most hyped gears.

you'll realize a lot of high end paintball companies hype up their products and exaggerate performance to get sales, plus they like to come out with new models each year with no significant improvement, like car companies, resulting in kids selling off their last-year gun and use the cash plus a little out of their wallet to buy this year's, so they ending up paying more for nothing much other than the new look.

not the case for us here. we aren't that ambitious about showing off so we don't have the desire for the look-how-much-i'm-better-than-you attitude.

behemoth
09-20-2007, 05:39 PM
i beg to differ http://www.vvdrienerlo.nl/smileys/whip.gif

Just be lucky i've got places to be....

trevorjk
09-21-2007, 01:57 AM
Just be lucky i've got places to be....

:cry: i really wanted to use the whip :(