PDA

View Full Version : I feel like I'm going to get burned

Papa_Smurf
09-18-2007, 09:39 AM
Well I don't feel like I'm going to get burned, I feel like someone is trying to back out of a deal.

I just want to know what you guys think.

So here is what happened:
I offer a trade to a fairly reputable guy, he asks for more info and pics, I provide, with pictures from at least three angles, He agrees, and requests that I ship first. So I ship out. He recieves the package, and I forgot to ship a part with it, and says its all scratched up. I send out the missing part next day. He already approved the pictures and said to ship. Now he is saying the part is in awful shape and has escalated the situation by swearing and telling me not to be a child about it.

What do you think?

mostpeople
09-18-2007, 09:50 AM
I say you tell him to ship it back to you, and just cancel the whole deal.

Geronimo7
09-18-2007, 10:02 AM
I say you tell him to ship it back to you, and just cancel the whole deal.

I agree, call it off. Sounds like you did everything he asked for, if he is not happy have him send it back.

DevilMan
09-18-2007, 10:09 AM
I would also say to ship it back... I think that you did what he asked and everything went fine and well he don't like it that's fine. Send it back.

I've done the same thing for some folks on here.... no feelins at all get hurt...

DM

tech-chan
09-18-2007, 10:11 AM
All in favor of shipping back the part? AYE! All opposed? ...

SHIP IT BACK MY MAN!

BigEvil
09-18-2007, 10:30 AM
Sounds like a job for the AO-Mafia.... :ninja:

going_home
09-18-2007, 10:33 AM
Go down to UPS and pay for them to send him a call tag.
And pay for the shipping back to you.
Worth a try.

DevilMan
09-18-2007, 10:39 AM
Go down to UPS and pay for them to send him a call tag.
And pay for the shipping back to you.
Worth a try.

I would disagree.

I think the deal was agreed upon by BOTH parties before Party A shipped out the goods. Party A is now out X amount of dollars for the shipping.

Party B now does not want to complete said deal previously agreed upon. So therefore Party B should cover the cost to return said items to Party A.

The shipping will be the same so then both parties will be equally out the same amount for the cancellation of said deal due to Party B.

In fact Party B should be responsible a bit more to help cover Party A's costs due to cancellation as the deal was agreed upon. Photos don't always show the cuts and bruises that something may have but if the gun is not sold as BNIB you should expect it to have some wear no matter how well some folks keep them.

Oh and as for the swearing and being a child... Just let him do his thing and get over it... don't drop to that level. Keep it legit and let it ride. Keep a copy of all emails/PM for future reference.

But those are my thoughts.

DM

JOESPUD27
09-18-2007, 11:30 AM
Ask him to ship it back at his expense. He approved the pics.

Jay

Dend78
09-18-2007, 12:06 PM
yeah have him ship it all back, its not worth all of the hounding and headaches of him being unhappy and slamming you and your name everywhere as a bad trader. i wish ya luck PS

:cheers:

ProblemKinder
09-18-2007, 02:09 PM
just have him ship it to me and forget about the whole thing. :ninja:

Ruler_Mark
09-18-2007, 02:23 PM
if he doesnt refund for your shipping costs' i would take some action. I had someone Break a part that i sold and the said person tried to reverse the paypal payment but i won since i was broken 2 weeks after said person recieved it. backing out of a deal when someone has already done thier part is nonsense the person is being an *** and deserves a whooping

Toll
09-18-2007, 02:26 PM
Keep record of everything. When you get it back post everything in his feedback thread.

Papa_Smurf
09-18-2007, 04:50 PM
Keep record of everything. When you get it back post everything in his feedback thread.

I will do that for sure. He is a respected guy here.

Everyone is saying to ship it back, but I don't want to leave this deal. We both agreed to it, we should both agree to exit the deal right?

phizz
09-18-2007, 04:59 PM
I would say if you don't want to leave the deal see if there is a way to work things out.

As far as I am concerned the deal was made as soon as you shipped the item so he should do his part instead of trying to back out because of some unknown reason.

warpig13
09-18-2007, 05:03 PM
Give me an address.

I'll show him scratched up. ;)

DevilMan
09-18-2007, 05:04 PM
I would say if you don't want to leave the deal see if there is a way to work things out.

As far as I am concerned the deal was made as soon as you shipped the item so he should do his part instead of trying to back out because of some unknown reason.

Well Phizz I would say to complete the deal straight up as well. BUT we all know sometimes some folks find that harder to swallow than just renigging and cancelling it.

Sooooo if Party B is for sure not happy with it, and will NOT complete as agreed then the least he should do is return the parts at his expense to Party A. To make it FAIR he should return the parts PLUS pay for the shipping that Party A already paid for to send him the goods first. It does take a good bit of trust to ship to someone and wait for your goods in return.

Best of luck...

DM

Papa_Smurf
09-18-2007, 05:08 PM
We both entered the deal. The pics were approved and I followed through. Now he wants to ditch. But I want to finish this. Maybe he got the bad end of the deal, but nevertheless, he agreed.

Toll
09-18-2007, 05:21 PM
If he's waiving it off hes paying for shipping and will get a ton of bad vibes. Don't press the issue and try to make him trade, because then things get uglier.

Ruler_Mark
09-18-2007, 05:33 PM
i want to revise my statement, do not let him back out. a Deal is a deal, You were out the items and possibly passed up other options to sell while he was joy riding your parts. If youlet him send back you will set a precedent for all other trades that a deal is not set in stone and if you get the other party to send first you can jsut blow them off and joy ride the stuff for a weekend. Imagine if it was a solenoid and he blew it by over pressurized then backed out of the deal.

SR_matt
09-18-2007, 06:26 PM
if he refuses to follow through and sends back either damaged items or none at all depending on how you shipped you might be able to threaten with mail fraud. that is if it comes to it. it might just be a misunderstanding between the 2 parties it might be one side being rude/childish/ etc etc either way just know your options

-matt

mr doo doo
09-18-2007, 08:19 PM
get your stuff back, he pays shipping, done deal. no one messes with Papa _Smurf :cool:

mostpeople
09-18-2007, 08:43 PM
We both entered the deal. The pics were approved and I followed through. Now he wants to ditch. But I want to finish this. Maybe he got the bad end of the deal, but nevertheless, he agreed.

Was it good deal for you? Do you think he may have 'realized' he made a mistake and wants to back out because of it? Is he 18+? Can you give some more details about the deal, what was it for, how much? Maybe this info will tell us something about whats going on.

AirAssault
09-18-2007, 09:31 PM
I have worked with papa, as many here have and nothing but good things to say. You can't really make someone finish a deal. Sure he should follow through, if not he should ship back and pay you back for your shipping too. Good luck.

Oh by the way papa, the ace works and you can barrow it if you need to.

Papa_Smurf
09-18-2007, 11:27 PM
get your stuff back, he pays shipping, done deal. no one messes with Papa _Smurf :cool:

:cool:

Papa_Smurf
09-18-2007, 11:28 PM
Was it good deal for you? Do you think he may have 'realized' he made a mistake and wants to back out because of it? Is he 18+? Can you give some more details about the deal, what was it for, how much? Maybe this info will tell us something about whats going on.

I'm not going to do that till it's finshed, that would be wrong, I don't want to jump ahead and slam him while we are still working it out.

I wouldn't want someone to do that to me, so I won't do it to them.

Papa_Smurf
09-18-2007, 11:29 PM
I have worked with papa, as many here have and nothing but good things to say. You can't really make someone finish a deal. Sure he should follow through, if not he should ship back and pay you back for your shipping too. Good luck.

Oh by the way papa, the ace works and you can barrow it if you need to.

Thanks for the kind words man.

I'm pm'ing you. :clap: