PDA

View Full Version : Mag Issues

Whee McGee
09-18-2007, 11:00 AM
I've been encountering a problem with my mag, and I'm sure you guys can help. Often when I pull the trigger, the sear won't return. It's an lvl10 ULT Xvalve that was tuned by KC before getting sent out, for a quick history on it. I've figured out that by pressing down on the trigger as hard as I can, then giving a quick pull and release to let the trigger snap back forward, the sear will sometimes return, but it only works 1 out of the 10 times the problem occurs. The other way I've fixed it is by unscrewing then screwing in the tank. It will do the trick, but like the other method, it's definitely not surefire. Anything I can do to fix it? I was thinking perhaps by extending the sear, but I honestly don't know, and I hate having to call myself out when my mag locks up.

Dend78
09-18-2007, 11:35 AM
velocity? may need to turn it up a bit, how many shims in the ULT? check that out first and see what you come up with

athomas
09-18-2007, 07:46 PM
Your carrier is too tight. Go to the next larger carrier size using the same oring that is in the one you are using now. Do this without any level 10 shims installed.

Whee McGee
09-19-2007, 05:20 PM
There are four shims in the ULT. I will try out athomas' advice and report any updates I find.

Question. HOW do I remove the carrier? I unscrewed the powertube, and can't get the carrier out. I don't want to mess up my gun, so help would be nice!

mr doo doo
09-19-2007, 07:23 PM
o-ring picks work nicely.

athomas
09-19-2007, 08:40 PM
There are four shims in the ULT. I will try out athomas' advice and report any updates I find.

Question. HOW do I remove the carrier? I unscrewed the powertube, and can't get the carrier out. I don't want to mess up my gun, so help would be nice!Use the field strip screw to remove the carrier. Insert the screw end of the screw into the powertube past the carrier, twist a bit sideways and pull. The carrier will slide right out without much effort.

Whee McGee
09-21-2007, 04:10 PM
Which carrier is the next largest? I currently have on with no rings and three little dots located around the carrier.

What is the order for these? Do rings and dots determine a larger or smaller carrier?

:confused:

Ok, looking around, I assume that the more "grooves" it has, the larger it is. Dots represent middle sizes. So if I have one with no grooves and dots, I should move up to one groove, no dots. Let me know if I'm making it any worse. Other than that, I will test it up and fire, and give any updates next chance I get.

athomas
09-22-2007, 01:41 PM
Yes, the carrier with one ring is the next larger one than the one with just a dot. Don't forget to use the same white oring in the carrier that you were using before.