PDA

View Full Version : cocker pump issue, leaks down barrel after shot..

warpfeedmod
09-18-2007, 02:53 PM
So I got a WWA pump kit for my cocker, got it all put on and it works great and all when dry. I air up the marker, and first thing I notice is air rushing down the barrel. I pump the marker, it stops (pressurized I assume?) and fires fine. then air runs down the barrel again until I cock it.

Thinking something happened I take the pump block off the front, check the valve and remove it, check O-rings on the valve and spring, drop some oil on the rings and put it back in and seat it with the brass screw.

Same deal.

Obviously there's not much that can go wrong without front pneumatics, any ideas? Is the valve messed up?

DaFin
09-18-2007, 03:06 PM
I think*****

It's the way that it's sprung, the main spring might be too soft. If you where running a reg before to control velocity the valve needed to stay open longer to propel the ball out of the barrel.

warpfeedmod
09-18-2007, 03:47 PM
I think*****

It's the way that it's sprung, the main spring might be too soft. If you where running a reg before to control velocity the valve needed to stay open longer to propel the ball out of the barrel.

not sure what the censored word is up there, but the reg is still on the marker, and actually the input gauge broke, so I "hope" its still set right, but that might be it.

I have an adjustable tank, output is around 800-825, if i lower it could I remove the reg altogether and just go with a gas-thru?

I think I might have a spring kit somewhere, otherwise I'm sure I can pick up a spare somewhere.

d4m4don3
09-18-2007, 04:40 PM
not sure what the censored word is up there, but the reg is still on the marker, and actually the input gauge broke, so I "hope" its still set right, but that might be it.

I have an adjustable tank, output is around 800-825, if i lower it could I remove the reg altogether and just go with a gas-thru?

I think I might have a spring kit somewhere, otherwise I'm sure I can pick up a spare somewhere.
adjust the reg, it should be operating in the 400 psi range.

RRfireblade
09-18-2007, 05:22 PM
Pressure from the hammer is holding the valve open so . . .

Increase Reg pressure OR put a heavier valve spring OR a lighter hammer spring.

For starters you need to chrono it and see where it's at and then go from there. Could be as simple as turning velocity down w/ the IVG.

DaFin
09-18-2007, 05:31 PM
No censored word... Just the caveat that it's my opinion and rating of my own knowledge of "cocker-ism" I give myself one step past the apes on the opening of 2001: A space oddessy.

Now if you want to talk trouble shooting a mag, step on up :D

warpfeedmod
09-19-2007, 08:25 AM
No censored word... Just the caveat that it's my opinion and rating of my own knowledge of "cocker-ism" I give myself one step past the apes on the opening of 2001: A space oddessy.

Now if you want to talk trouble shooting a mag, step on up :D

hehe yeah I was leary of posting a cocker question on the mag forum, but you guys are knowledgeable and more helpful than the kiddies over at PBN (at least thats my opinion :) )

I'll try adjusting the reg and see if I can get it chrono'd.

Thanks for the help all!