PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else used Crossfire's hydro service?

NoLifeLeft
09-19-2007, 09:13 PM
I sent my tank to Crossfire to get tested. I figured who better to trust than a major tank company. They claimed most people get called in 3 business days and that is one of the reasons I used them. They've had my tank for over a week now and I'm starting to get a little annoyed. When I called to check status on Tues. they said it was being tested and I'd be called either that afternoon or Wed. morning. Still no call.

Anyone else have any experience with Crossfire's hydro service? Good or bad.

drg
09-20-2007, 12:56 AM
I had a positive experience with them as far as service, however their shipping left something to be desired (cost me way too much). The callbacks were timely and turnaround was very fast. This was ... earlier this year, I think in April?

robertsr1811
09-20-2007, 07:30 AM
How bad was the return shipping? I'm using them right now.

robnix
09-20-2007, 07:39 AM
I sent my tank to Crossfire to get tested. I figured who better to trust than a major tank company. They claimed most people get called in 3 business days and that is one of the reasons I used them. They've had my tank for over a week now and I'm starting to get a little annoyed. When I called to check status on Tues. they said it was being tested and I'd be called either that afternoon or Wed. morning. Still no call.

Anyone else have any experience with Crossfire's hydro service? Good or bad.

They've had a blown CF reg of mine for almost a month now. One call to them and they said they were working on it and would call me the next day. Haven't heard back. I've heard that the service is supposed to be great, but IME... :(

Gunga
09-20-2007, 01:17 PM
I just had 4 tanks hydroed by them this summer. IIRC, they got them on a Tuesday, they were hydroed on that Fri. I got a call about the billing on the following Monday. Had them back that Thursday.

NoLifeLeft
09-20-2007, 05:32 PM
Well I called again today... They had the tank finished but hadn't called me for some reason. I ended up having to pay $39 for overnight shipping to get it back before this weekend. I had better have it tomorrow. :mad:

As long as the tank isn't damaged when it comes back I won't complain. However, I think I'll probibly look elsewhere for my hydro needs next time. :nono:

robnix
09-20-2007, 10:03 PM
Well I called again today... They had the tank finished but hadn't called me for some reason. I ended up having to pay $39 for overnight shipping to get it back before this weekend. I had better have it tomorrow. :mad:

As long as the tank isn't damaged when it comes back I won't complain. However, I think I'll probibly look elsewhere for my hydro needs next time. :nono:

They should pay the difference in shipping for not calling you and letting you know it was done.

http://www.hydrotester.com FTW.

koleah
09-21-2007, 12:06 AM
I just got mine done by Aqua hut hydro (www.aquahuthydro.com i think) and it was quick. I think they guarantee a two day turnaround time (in their hands of course, not including shipping). $15 + shipping back.

Pretty good. :)

NoLifeLeft
09-21-2007, 07:24 AM
Thanks guys.

drg
09-21-2007, 07:28 AM
How bad was the return shipping? I'm using them right now.

Well they told it me it would be shipped USPS priority, which should have costed 10 bucks or less, but ended up shipping via UPS 2nd day air, which costed I think over 25.

rkjunior303
09-21-2007, 11:04 AM
They should pay the difference in shipping for not calling you and letting you know it was done.

http://www.hydrotester.com FTW.

Hydrotester FTW

MoeMag
09-21-2007, 01:36 PM
Wow,
That’s sad to hear about crossfire. They used to be one of the best companies as far as getting stuff done. When I still worked at the paintball shop, they always had a turnaround of less than a week.

but... that’s for regs and tank issues. Never hydroed with them.
I have a place about 10 minutes drive that if you get there early enough it will be ready by 3 that afternoon.

cyrus-the-virus
09-21-2007, 09:10 PM
I had a great experience with them. I had my conquest tank rehydroed after the fire. Fast turn around and very polite too. Wasen't to badly priced either if I remember right.

Cy

NoLifeLeft
10-24-2007, 08:44 PM
UPDATE: Well, I did recieve my tank the next day thanks to my $40 shipping. :mad: But I was glad to finally get it back and in time for a game no less. I just went to grab my tank that had just been filled a couple of days ago... My 4500 had less than 3K in it. :mad: So I go grab the old soapy water for a foam test... Drum roll please. My fill nipple AND gauge are leaking. :cuss:

An easy fix, yes. But still one more reason for me not to use Crossfire's hydro services again. I really expected more from a company that normally rocks. :cry:

Gunga
10-24-2007, 10:27 PM
UPDATE: I just went to grab my tank that had just been filled a couple of days ago... My 4500 had less than 3K in it. :mad: So I go grab the old soapy water for a foam test... Drum roll please. My fill nipple AND gauge are leaking. :cuss:

An easy fix, yes. But still one more reason for me not to use Crossfire's hydro services again. I really expected more from a company that normally rocks. :cry:

How is that their problem? If you sent in your tank just for a hydro, all they'd do is remove and then reinstall the regulator. They shouldn't be expected to do a reg rebuild or test. Nor would I expect them to fill the tank and check for regulator leaks.

Freebird
10-24-2007, 10:37 PM
we send all of our air bottles for the fire dept directly to SCOTT, we sent out 6 bottles on a monday and had them back on a tuesday. The hydro guy told me they also do PB tanks, i may give them a try.

NoLifeLeft
10-25-2007, 12:08 AM
How is that their problem? If you sent in your tank just for a hydro, all they'd do is remove and then reinstall the regulator. They shouldn't be expected to do a reg rebuild or test. Nor would I expect them to fill the tank and check for regulator leaks.

Well, judging by the teeth marks on the reg and the burst disc, it looks like they removed the fill nipple and the gauge and then placed the reg w/burst disc in some clamp/vise for removal. It appears that no new sealer what-so-ever was replaced on the two removed parts. I used to work on markers and tanks for a living, and we knew that anytime a gauge/fill nipple/plug screw was removed it needed something to create a seal where the old one was broken. :nono:

Like I stated in the prior post, it's a small complaint. But I thought it was worth making others aware of. I wish I had similar info before sending my tank to Crossfire.

WingMan13
10-25-2007, 01:24 AM
Hey, I appreciate the heads up. I was prepared to send out my tank to them but now I'm going to look around.