PDA

View Full Version : Tunaball game-format discussion thread

BigEvil
09-19-2007, 09:36 PM
Yeah I know its still a long way off - for you guys. I have to start thinking about these things now so how bout a little input?

Last year we had about 40 players hit the field. There is a good chance that we will get double that this year. I am suspecting that it will be tough to get everyone on the field at the same time, and even if we did it would be a huge mess.

Plus - from listening to some of you guys, I know many of you have strong preferences towards what style of the game you play. Some like speedball, some like woodsball, and many of you hate the other.

So in order to both try and be somewhat accommodating to all, AND be able to manage a large group in an orderly and fun format here is what I am thinking;

We all break up into 7 or 10 man teams and play the first ever AO-Tunaball Tournament. Games would be running simultaneously, making use of TopGuns various types of fields. Every team would get to play each other, and get to play on different fields - this way all you woodsballers wouldnt be stuck on the airball field all day, and all you speedballers wouldnt have to be using alot of bug repellent.

I can run this by the folks at TopGun and see what they think. Once the plan is set, it would be up to them to run it. Hell, I want to play too you know....

I could try and swindle someone for trophies or something for prizes. (another thing added to the "to-do list")

Discuss

:cheers:

AirAssault
09-19-2007, 09:58 PM
Sounds good to me. Have the dates been set in stone yet? I would like to show up this year.

rkjunior303
09-19-2007, 10:00 PM
What about an oldschool type format.. Break everyone up in to 3-4 teams and do center flags for each team, maybe on 3 adjoining fields. You would think with a group as large as the one we are hoping for, we could get free reign of the place.. A mini big game or something?

ClassicMagger
09-19-2007, 10:35 PM
Hey:

A mini-big game would be awesome.

The only bad thing I see about the tournament style play is that-what about the first team out? Does Top Gun have enough refs to let them go play somewhere else? If not-I'd hate for rk and the rest of the drinking team to have to sit out all day. (I can't carry everybody you know :cheers: )

-ClassicMagger

MedicDVG
09-19-2007, 10:36 PM
I like the 'round robin' type day idea. I for one love PAINTBALL so playing in a speedball, hyperball, spool field, woods, or open field ala Picket's Charge would be fun too.

I will be there baring any acts of God or congress...

BigEvil
09-20-2007, 04:09 AM
What about an oldschool type format.. Break everyone up in to 3-4 teams and do center flags for each team, maybe on 3 adjoining fields. You would think with a group as large as the one we are hoping for, we could get free reign of the place.. A mini big game or something?

Yeah I thought of the mini-big game idea also.. General Tuna? My only concern is and you know this one first hand, is that a 'big game' might not be taken too seriously... after all it is an AO event. I thing someone said we broke the record last year for playing more than 5 games.

The little tourney thing, there wouldnt be any eliminations. like Medic said, maybe a round-robin type thing or something.

TopGun is a pretty big place and should be able to accommodate us with whatever we need as far as refs and fields. The only issue I have with them is the location of the fill station - which is all the way back at the main building. Last year they were planning on installing some new stations closer to the fields but I do not know the status of that since I havent been there in a while.

BigEvil
09-20-2007, 04:14 AM
Sounds good to me. Have the dates been set in stone yet? I would like to show up this year.

99.999997% sure it will be on May 17 2008.

behemoth
09-20-2007, 07:00 AM
Who needs flags?

Lets play Centerkeg.

t0nnn
09-21-2007, 12:33 PM
Just a suggestion Scott, if were expecting double the people this year, maybe we should try to take up the open parking area that was to the right of us (the grassy/shady area) This way we could keep everyone together for the most part and have a bigger area to relax in. You know what spot i'm talking about?

something like rk said seems like apretty good idea, most of top gun's fields can deffinatly handle some big games 20 vs 20 or something (if we got around 80 ppl and had 4 teams)

---sent you a PM about the mass game get back at me----

Big'n slo
09-21-2007, 12:53 PM
Who needs flags?

Lets play Centerkeg.

I second the motion!

All in favor say "Pie"

behemoth
09-21-2007, 01:57 PM
I second the motion!

All in favor say "Pie"
Pie.

BigEvil
09-21-2007, 05:21 PM
Just a suggestion Scott, if were expecting double the people this year, maybe we should try to take up the open parking area that was to the right of us (the grassy/shady area) This way we could keep everyone together for the most part and have a bigger area to relax in. You know what spot i'm talking about?

something like rk said seems like apretty good idea, most of top gun's fields can deffinatly handle some big games 20 vs 20 or something (if we got around 80 ppl and had 4 teams)

---sent you a PM about the mass game get back at me----

Good point about the parking lot. I will put that on the list.

Rudz
09-21-2007, 06:02 PM
Pie

Resurection
09-21-2007, 06:27 PM
cake

Rudz
09-21-2007, 07:00 PM
cake is for suckas, and pie ftw

Atta boy

BigEvil
09-26-2007, 08:48 PM
OK, so right now.. and you know its only what like 7 or 8 months away.. im leaning towards the "Big Game" Format. I think we can draft two generals.. and maybe have AO-NJ/NY vs everyone else.

I say "Everyone Else" because I see that alot of you guys (Especially the cali guys) cant get their acts together as it is. SO I will throw you all together on one team and me and my minions can use you all for target practice.

(Especially Rudz and A-tach-one).

Oh and RUdz my sister said she is going to shoot you in the nuts next time. I dont know why, but It should be fun to watch. :D

rmg
09-26-2007, 09:13 PM
Poor Rudz :eek:

Tobe2be
09-26-2007, 10:32 PM
As long as i dont have to chug pickle juice, "stupid waitress" shot, etc i think ima show up.

behemoth
09-26-2007, 11:22 PM
Wait, Rudz and I on the same team?

He'll hurt me lyllically. Possibly Phylically.

A-Tach-One
09-27-2007, 09:40 AM
I say "Everyone Else" because I see that alot of you guys (Especially the cali guys) cant get their acts together as it is. SO I will throw you all together on one team and me and my minions can use you all for target practice.

(Especially Rudz and A-tach-one).

Quick question BigEvil, are there bunkers out there you can fit behind or do you tend to hang out at the back? :p As long as I can get work of, I will be there. :)