PDA

View Full Version : How do I get this PMI reg apart?

phatty123
09-19-2007, 10:41 PM
How do i remove the silver top half of the regulator? I have looked at a break down from PMI and it just appears to screw off. Mine is the older model without the hex nuts to secure it inplace. Does it just screw off? Is there something else holding it on?

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a281/phatty123/SS850070.jpg

thanks

Argelmcgee
09-20-2007, 08:54 AM
Do not attempt to take this apart! Bring it to a certified airsmith to have it drained of air and taken apart. Please don't take it apart yourself, it's for your own safety.

robertsr1811
09-20-2007, 09:16 AM
Once you have drained off all the air,

You should be able to hook up a strap wrench to it and get it off. (bottle in a leather padded vice, and strap wrench on the valve)

Remember, they're threaded backwards, so you need to remove it clockwise, not the CCW direction that nearly everything else uses. Also remember that you're working on a potential bomb if you mess up.

Argelmcgee
09-20-2007, 10:36 AM
The thing is, unless you really know what you;re doing, you won;t be able to drain ALL the air.

phatty123
09-20-2007, 11:50 AM
Well it has been sitting on an unconnected remote all night so if anything it has equalized. I am taking it to my proshop, PMI said its locktited on and so it is not considered rebuildable. Well If I sent it to them it is 20 bucks minum even if one seal is broken. If the whole reg is broken its 50 bucks. So I am taking to my proshop and seeing if we can get the bonnet off and replace the seal. If we damage the reg I will get a new one from him for 40. I am tired of waiting and dont think I will ever buy a used take in (flawless condition from the forum again)

finnmanpa
09-20-2007, 12:15 PM
Well it has been sitting on an unconnected remote all night so if anything it has equalized. I am taking it to my proshop, PMI said its locktited on and so it is not considered rebuildable. Well If I sent it to them it is 20 bucks minum even if one seal is broken. If the whole reg is broken its 50 bucks. So I am taking to my proshop and seeing if we can get the bonnet off and replace the seal. If we damage the reg I will get a new one from him for 40. I am tired of waiting and dont think I will ever buy a used take in (flawless condition from the forum again)

Crossifre has a really decent regulator trade in program

www.crossfireinc.com

phatty123
09-20-2007, 12:52 PM
Crossifre has a really decent regulator trade in program

www.crossfireinc.com

the problem is ive already waited for weeks to use this tank. I'm fed up. I have missed three games. I am going to play this weekend no matter what. Either its getting fixed or replaced.

RobAGD
09-20-2007, 01:22 PM
the problem is ive already waited for weeks to use this tank. I'm fed up. I have missed three games. I am going to play this weekend no matter what. Either its getting fixed or replaced.

What is wrong with the reg ?

And to be honest most shop that deal in pmi stuff typically wont touch those older regs because of the green locktite they typically use.

If its a bonnet pin seal the oring it uses is an AGD on/off teflon oring

If its on the piston I think its the sme size as the Reg Piston oring on the AM/RT reg piston

There is a smaller on the same piston and I think its a #08 but dont hold me to that.

Also dont be shocked if it gets screwed up takig it apart.

-Robert

phatty123
09-20-2007, 03:13 PM
What is wrong with the reg ?

And to be honest most shop that deal in pmi stuff typically wont touch those older regs because of the green locktite they typically use.

If its a bonnet pin seal the oring it uses is an AGD on/off teflon oring

If its on the piston I think its the sme size as the Reg Piston oring on the AM/RT reg piston

There is a smaller on the same piston and I think its a #08 but dont hold me to that.

Also dont be shocked if it gets screwed up takig it apart.

-Robert

Its either get it apart or buy a new reg from my pball shop. Hopefully it comes off. If not well then what ever.

phatty123
09-20-2007, 08:30 PM
Well it is rebuildable with a padded vice and strap wrenches. Me and the owner of my paintball store pulled the bonnet off. It was hard work but it can be done. I replaced one of the orings inside. It fell apart when we touched it. Lubed it back up re locktited it and tightened it back up.