PDA

View Full Version : What to bring....

Anjin3515
09-19-2007, 10:49 PM
Hope this is in the right section......

Wife and I are going to celibate our 1rst wedding anniversary by going to a scenario game.

This will be only our second one....so I ask all you hardened vets....

What do you bring to an event that you wouldn't bring on a normal day of play?

Also...about radios....any recommendations on brand/model? Can one brand of 2 way radio talk to another brand? Sigh....I am such a noob......

As always thanks for the advice.

txaggie08
09-19-2007, 10:57 PM
one question.....does she have an even mildly attractive sister thats half that cool? I will propose sight un-seen

Ninjeff
09-19-2007, 11:24 PM
Bring water. Lots. And buy two of those "camel packs". Those are a MUST have. I failed to buy one for my last outing and i kicked myself all day for it. They can be found at wal mart on the cheap.

Bug spray, water/fluids, all parts for both guns, a change of clothes, FRESH SOCKS (specially if its a 24 hr game), toilet paper, spare batteries, lens cleaner and paper towels, and something sealed to keep your paint in.

OH! i see you are in Illinois too. Awesome. Where is the scenario game you're playing at?

Anjin3515
09-19-2007, 11:50 PM
one question.....does she have an even mildly attractive sister thats half that cool? I will propose sight un-seen

Sorry....she is an only child :(

Anjin3515
09-19-2007, 11:51 PM
Bring water. Lots. And buy two of those "camel packs". Those are a MUST have. I failed to buy one for my last outing and i kicked myself all day for it. They can be found at wal mart on the cheap.

Bug spray, water/fluids, all parts for both guns, a change of clothes, FRESH SOCKS (specially if its a 24 hr game), toilet paper, spare batteries, lens cleaner and paper towels, and something sealed to keep your paint in.

OH! i see you are in Illinois too. Awesome. Where is the scenario game you're playing at?

Its at Fox Paintball....this sunday.
We are also going to CPX in October for the Windy City Classic.

Thanks for the info.

Lomarandil
09-20-2007, 12:23 AM
Your celebration of your first anniversary should NOT be celibate.

That aside, I usually just make sure to bring the camelback, as said, any decent GMRS/FRS radio, and the extra clothes to change into halfway through.. plus food of course. I run light however. Alot of guys take more than I do (maps, big radio setups, ways to resupply easily and the like).

Also try to have some sort of shade and a way to lock anything you leave in the staging area up. Extra tools are a good idea, guns (mags generally excluded, but not always) love to break down right before a big game.

Lo

Ninjeff
09-20-2007, 12:55 AM
Its at Fox Paintball....this sunday.
We are also going to CPX in October for the Windy City Classic.

Thanks for the info.

Awesome. Fox is a good facility. Nice people too. Make sure to say "hi" to pyroman. He works there, and always enjoys talking to fellow AOers. (or so he says... :p )

And hopefully we will also make the windy city classic. Hard to tell at this point because money is super tight.

Good luck and have fun!

Anjin3515
09-20-2007, 02:58 AM
Your celebration of your first anniversary should NOT be celibate.

That aside, I usually just make sure to bring the camelback, as said, any decent GMRS/FRS radio, and the extra clothes to change into halfway through.. plus food of course. I run light however. Alot of guys take more than I do (maps, big radio setups, ways to resupply easily and the like).

Also try to have some sort of shade and a way to lock anything you leave in the staging area up. Extra tools are a good idea, guns (mags generally excluded, but not always) love to break down right before a big game.

Lo

sigh....I cant spell....or type.... :)

robertsr1811
09-20-2007, 07:29 AM
The best advice anyone ever gave me regard scenario play was to bring waterproof boots. It's one of the things that you never miss untill you need them and then if you don't have them, it ruins your day.

Of course, if you're playing in Arizona or something there's probably more important stuff. :cool:

MeŠiCX
09-20-2007, 07:49 AM
Make sure the battery in the wife's PMR is fresh as well as the hopper batteries. Spray bottle w/ water paper towel for mask cleaning. Other than that, just the normal stuff.

FRS radios... we use Motorola brand radios and don't have any problems with them. I use an ear piece w/ boom mic and works real good.

Warwitch
09-20-2007, 08:33 AM
In addition to whats listed already....

#1 lots of water
#2 SOCKS!!! This item is easily overlooked but can make a huge difference in your day.
#3 Folding chair
#4 way more rags/paper towels than you think you will need
#5 toilet paper if youre bringing your girl. Dont forget this or you will be driving to the store midday.

Anjin3515
09-20-2007, 11:26 AM
In addition to whats listed already....

#1 lots of water
#2 SOCKS!!! This item is easily overlooked but can make a huge difference in your day.
#3 Folding chair
#4 way more rags/paper towels than you think you will need
#5 toilet paper if youre bringing your girl. Dont forget this or you will be driving to the store midday.

lol...Ill remember the Tp for sure :)

Thanks guys for all the info....keep it coming

pyrodragon
09-20-2007, 01:04 PM
Water is the most important out of all things
first aid kit
a couple of ace bandages
snacks
tools
parts for guns or back up guns
batteries
walkies
spare set of clothes
he all important TP

if your stying overnight

Tent, sleeping gear
camping stove and supplies
food
ice chest with ice and liquids

Warwitch
09-20-2007, 01:15 PM
to be honest, this thread could go on for days. No matter how much gear and supplies you bring something will be missing :rolleyes: So I suggest you load up everything you can fit in your vehicle. No joke.

Spider-TW
09-20-2007, 01:52 PM
If you're playing after sundown, consider some no-fog if your goggles are a little old or prone to fogging anyway. Even good thermals can fog up some nights.

Anjin3515
09-20-2007, 03:27 PM
to be honest, this thread could go on for days. No matter how much gear and supplies you bring something will be missing :rolleyes: So I suggest you load up everything you can fit in your vehicle. No joke.

does that mean I should take my X-Box360 and my Wii ?? :rolleyes:

Warwitch
09-20-2007, 03:38 PM

Why would you even ask?? Maybe a little Greg Hastings under the moonlight :D

TheTramp
09-20-2007, 04:10 PM
Bug spray!!

Spider-TW
09-20-2007, 04:29 PM
Bring a sheet and good projector. They're also good for HALO and movies. If you bring movies, you should bring some extra chairs too. Ice chests make poor seats because they have no back and they attract attention. :D

Ruler_Mark
09-20-2007, 04:37 PM
condoms. unless you want the latter.

d4m4don3
09-20-2007, 05:20 PM
You guys are forgetting one thing. CASH!!! :clap:

If you forget anything you can stop by the local sporting goods store or market and grab it on the way.

BigTrucker
09-20-2007, 06:32 PM
BABBY WIPES!!!!!! Its a bath in a box. those of you who have diven long haul and or have been in the army know what i mean. :D

Anjin3515
09-20-2007, 08:26 PM
great info everyone....many thanks....keep em coming.