PDA

View Full Version : Did I goof?

MichaelMcKen
09-19-2007, 10:59 PM
I bought a MacDev Conquest adjustable, however it is not a screw in type and all my markers have screw in ASA's.

If I can't use this tank (or it won't give high enough pressure) for my classic mag, I guess I could use it on my (gasp) cocker.

My question is this: It looks like the output of this bottle is via an airline instead of a screw-in reg. How will I mount this?

If you need pics I can take some and post them later.

behemoth
09-19-2007, 11:08 PM
It will work.

It mounts via dropforward/rail.

Take your screwin on/off off, and plumb the tank in.

MichaelMcKen
09-19-2007, 11:16 PM
It will work.

It mounts via dropforward/rail.

Take your screwin on/off off, and plumb the tank in.

Just to make sure I understand what you're saying, I disconnect the airline fitting on the tank and screw in the elbow fitting in the same place?

So then all I would need is a different rail to mount it to the marker, right?

Thanks

behemoth
09-19-2007, 11:34 PM
a rail, or dropforward, anything that mounts to your triggerframe, then has a dovetail on the other end to mount onto the conquest.

then, route your airlines from the mag valve to the output on the conquest.

MichaelMcKen
09-19-2007, 11:38 PM
a rail, or dropforward, anything that mounts to your triggerframe, then has a dovetail on the other end to mount onto the conquest.

then, route your airlines from the mag valve to the output on the conquest.

Okay, I got that part figured out. Thanks. Now my air line (braided stainless with QD's) won't reach.

Should I just replace with macro line and fittings? Source to order online?

Next question is this: The marker had another regulator mounted where the foregrip would be. Is it kosher to just remove it or does it have to have either a regulator or a foregrip installed?

Thanks, you folks are great!

Mike

Lenny
09-20-2007, 02:10 AM
The Automag has a built in regulator, so aside from the one on the tank, there is no need for an extra.

The Automag doesn't need a foregrip, either. You can run an airline straight from the tank to the valve.

As for what kind of line to use, that's up to you. I prefer the durability of stainless steel, but many prefer the color selection and ease of using macroline.

behemoth
09-20-2007, 06:46 AM
Like Lenny here said, you never regulate the pressure running into a mag.

So, if you want to run a line to a GAS THRU FORGRIP (read: NOT REGULATOR), and then a line from that to the valve, go right ahead. If you want to run a line from the air source to the valve, that works too.

As long as you have an unregulated connection between tank and valve, you can set that summabish up anyway you want.

Lenny
09-20-2007, 07:30 PM
Ha ha. AO-OH to the rescue!