PDA

View Full Version : VL Force ?

Ratzo
09-21-2007, 07:51 AM
I saw these at WalMart the other day and was wondering if we could link these to an Intelli frame like the Revies could?
Any thoughts?

TwilightG
09-21-2007, 07:58 AM
I saw these at WalMart the other day and was wondering if we could link these to an Intelli frame like the Revies could?
Any thoughts?

Heh, I posted the same question just about a week or so ago with no responses.

I thought it might be worth trying since it only costs $30. From my research, a lot of people complained that since the loader puts constant force on the ball stack, it hums a bit when not agitating and wears down the batteries.

I think the Intelli might work well for this but may reduce the feed-rate as a result.

I also researched the Eye Force which is $60, but might as well get a used VLocity at that price.

bryceeden
09-21-2007, 08:45 AM
The VL force is a constant feed system so it probably wouldn't work. The Eye Force probably would however.

georgeyew
09-21-2007, 09:38 AM
I have an VL Force loader and I think that rigging up Intelli-Feed would be possible. You'll just have to find a way to connect into the board to turn the power on and off everytime the trigger is pulled. Doesn't sound too complicated for someone who is semi-skilled (not me).

93civiccpe
09-21-2007, 11:20 AM
I got the eye force just to see how it ran.. got mine for $50.. for the money, it's hard to beat. Very consistent and a much better eye system than in the stock halo-b's if you ask me. Much better design, actually seems sturdy, and is faster than I need...

ultralight
09-21-2007, 11:25 AM
why not just replace the loader's normal on/off with the intelli switch?

or wire it between the battery and the board, then just keep the loader on constantly, and it should only activate when the circuit is closed.

TwilightG
09-21-2007, 11:32 AM
I got the eye force just to see how it ran.. got mine for $50.. for the money, it's hard to beat. Very consistent and a much better eye system than in the stock halo-b's if you ask me. Much better design, actually seems sturdy, and is faster than I need...

If you don't mind me asking, where did you find it for $50? Did you buy it new?

TwilightG
09-21-2007, 11:38 AM
why not just replace the loader's normal on/off with the intelli switch?

or wire it between the battery and the board, then just keep the loader on constantly, and it should only activate when the circuit is closed.

There's actually a decent set of instructions on how to do this w/ a Revvy on AirGun's site. From the looks of it, I doubt that it would be difficult to implement on any of the loaders mentioned here. The instructions are very similar to what you suggested, but different ;)

What I'm curious about is how it would affect speed of the loader?
Although the motor would only run when the trigger is pulled, when pulling the trigger x-times-per-second, I would think that the agitator (or whichever device) wouldn't really push the paint efficiently and could be prone to jamming.

Do I make sense? I'm not always great at articulating my thoughts :tard:

georgeyew
09-21-2007, 11:54 AM
What I'm curious about is how it would affect speed of the loader?
Although the motor would only run when the trigger is pulled, when pulling the trigger x-times-per-second, I would think that the agitator (or whichever device) wouldn't really push the paint efficiently and could be prone to jamming.

Only way to find out is to try it :)

TwilightG
09-21-2007, 12:06 PM
Only way to find out is to try it :)

Yeah, yeah... but it's still more fun to speculate about it online instead of working :)

Ruler_Mark
09-21-2007, 01:06 PM
Mabey you should consider, Having the loader on always but have a relay system where if the trigger is pulled alot more juice is sent to the motor.

Ratzo
09-25-2007, 08:12 PM
I thought of the idae after one of my team mates installed the RF chip for his Pulse at the our tournament.
I just thought that I should be able to get one with my CanadianTire money so in essence it would cost me nothing to try, just have to wait for them to come in.

BigEvil
09-25-2007, 08:25 PM
Does that loader use eyes? Follow the VL directions on Airgun.com

Richter
09-27-2007, 09:39 PM
VL force is an always on hopper. It works just fine as an "always on" hopper. It also has a button on the back that is very easy to use. If you don't like it on all the time just shut it off and push the button just before you want shoot.

Maybe you could route the on/off button to be the safety; so when you push in the safety you turn on the hopper. This is not exactly an inteliframed hopper but it would still be cool.

These hoppers go pretty fast here is one on my old eclipse angel:

http://www.brightcove.tv/title.jsp?title=1155083980
:shooting:

Always have fun tinkering or playing paintball:

Shane Richter
Paintball in 5 (http://www.pbn5.com)

viper-mayhem
09-28-2007, 05:55 AM
VL force is an always on hopper. It works just fine as an "always on" hopper. It also has a button on the back that is very easy to use. If you don't like it on all the time just shut it off and push the button just before you want shoot.

Maybe you could route the on/off button to be the safety; so when you push in the safety you turn on the hopper. This is not exactly an inteliframed hopper but it would still be cool.

These hoppers go pretty fast here is one on my old eclipse angel:

http://www.brightcove.tv/title.jsp?title=1155083980
:shooting:

Always have fun tinkering or playing paintball:

Shane Richter

Does that LED have eyes? That's really sweet for an old Angel.

Richter
09-28-2007, 11:21 AM
yes, predator eyes are installed but i had them off in the video. You can see it chop at the end of the first string.

Have a good one

Shane Richter