PDA

View Full Version : mag upgrade.

swampy455
09-23-2007, 06:11 PM
Hi guys i will need some of your help my mag im upgradin. I need help on how to install macro line to replace all that steele bradied hose and questions about the lapco universal drop and the warp feed. if your wondering my mag is all stock and lovin it but sadly it will need to be upgraded to my likeings.

wetwrks
09-23-2007, 10:13 PM
Macroline installs just like the braided, but easier. Just install the macroline fittings as you would the fittings for the braided set up and then plug in the macro hoses. They (the macro hoses) just plug in. If you cut the macroline be certain to get it strait and flat cut.

After dealing with macrolines I wonder why anyone uses the braided anymore.

cerrik
09-24-2007, 04:02 PM
After dealing with macrolines I wonder why anyone uses the braided anymore.

Durability and steel braid usually doesn't burst.

That being said, I use both. My mag has macro and my Ion has steel braided. About to switch it to macroline though for eas of dissassembly.

Dend78
09-24-2007, 04:09 PM
USE THE CORRECT SIZE OPEN END WRENCH WHEN INSTALLING THIS PLEASE!!!

i hate seeing all of the anno nicked because ppl only use pliers or a big ol C-Wrench, get one thats the right size cause it fits em all and no more anno scrapes :D

djellum
09-24-2007, 05:18 PM
If you plan on useing CO2 I'd stick with the braided. Macro works for CO2 also but the cold freezes the little orings in the fittings and causes them to wear faster. I can usually get mine working with little problem, but macro almost always leaks at first with CO2 until you play with it a bit.

Also if you go Macro have a good set of cutters. I use the cable cutters i got when building my mountain bike. any heavy duty cutter should work. It really sucks trying to cut Macro with wire cutters, and it never gives a clean cut that way. If you want a cheap way, cut it with a sharp exacto.