PDA

View Full Version : Need to increase low velocity but cant

peteralexander78
09-24-2007, 01:00 AM
Right now I am shooting about 260 with the velocity nut all the way down. I dont want it all the way down. Mag shoots fine, it just would make me feel better if I could loosen up the nut and have it shoot closer to 280. Do I need a new spring pack or new O rings for the on/off or could it be the Level 10.

dyeforever
09-24-2007, 01:44 AM
what spring are u running in it? try put the middle spring in and rechrono.

athomas
09-24-2007, 05:40 AM
Yeah, it does sound like you may need a new spring pack.

As for the bolt spring. The shortest one gives you the most range for adjustment, both lower and higher. Using an unported 11" barrel will help as well by maximizing your firing efficiency.

flyingpootang
09-24-2007, 09:42 AM
Are you using Co2 and is plums of white smoke coming out of you barrel when you shoot? If so you may need to do one of the following: 1) buy a compressed air system, run a J tube if your bottle is horizontal, run a bigger tank if you have a J tube installed, rub an expansion chamber or simply keep the barrel tip upwards to keeping liquid co2 from flooding your mag.

peteralexander78
09-24-2007, 09:53 AM
Right now I am using the middle spring and I will try putting in the shorter spring. I am running Compressed, it is the only way to fly. I have an extra spring pack and I will swap those out and see what happens. Any other ideas?

djellum
09-24-2007, 05:26 PM
If you have an adjustable output on your HPA check the pressure in it. If you have a non adjustable tank make sure it is a high pressure reg. either of these could air starve you a bit, though I dont know if that would affect only the velocity or screw everything in general.

Coralis
09-26-2007, 05:17 PM
Is it an after market velocity adjuster knob ? in my experience i have found that many are cut deeper and require shimming to get the velocity up to playing speed.