PDA

View Full Version : Can't get RT on/off in X-Valve

TwilightG
09-24-2007, 08:16 AM
I recently acquired an X-Valve w/ ULT installed.
I was having some chuffing issues while rapid firing so I figured I'd take the RT on/off out of my classic valve and put in the X to see if there was a difference.

The RT on/off just didn't want to fit right. When I pushed the assembly into the valve, it always popped out just enough to prevent me from fitting it into my ULE body.
When the ULT is in it, the bottom of the on/off is nice and flush with the valve.

The only thing I checked for was to make sure the on/off hole was clear. The top o-rings didn't seem to want to fit inside each other well. The inner o-ring kept wanting to pop out.

It fits just fine inside my MiniMag valve so I'm not sure what could be wrong.

Although the trigger pull is nice, I'm not really a fan of the ULT so far. I was thinking of having Luke's trigger mod done on the sear to help reduce the chuffing but I don't know how much it will really help.

Any suggestions?

Madmarx
09-24-2007, 08:22 AM
It's the top orings causing the problem.
Are you using the flat black oring or a regular one?
I think it's called a quad oring or something.
I had that same trouble once. If you coax it in (like I did) when you're inserting the valve it will work fine.
If you're chuffing, you may want to try and fine tune the level 10.
Assuming you've been oiling it.

TwilightG
09-24-2007, 08:45 AM
It's the top orings causing the problem.
Are you using the flat black oring or a regular one?
I think it's called a quad oring or something.
I had that same trouble once. If you coax it in (like I did) when you're inserting the valve it will work fine.
If you're chuffing, you may want to try and fine tune the level 10.
Assuming you've been oiling it.

Regular o-ring in the RT on/off. I'll have to mess with it some more to get it to fit I guess.

I originally thought it was my level 10 causing the problem but I think it's really just short-stroking the ULT. While test firing, I was watching my trigger pull to see what my fingers were really doing. I know that I'm not pulling the trigger back completely all the time. I know it's an "easy" solution but sometimes tough to do while rapid firing.

I used a Retro valve briefly (before selling it) and didn't short stroke at all. I think the return force really made a difference and prevented my trigger-pulling-tendencies.

I can take another look at the lvl10 setup anyway. I just try not to tinker with it too much once I get it working. Sometimes I do more harm than good. :tard:

... and everything it nicely oiled too :)

Thanks for the quick response!

MagModderMatt
05-17-2008, 11:57 PM
Make sure you have the RT PRO stock on/off or put an extra "outer" O-ring on the original RT.
That sounds like what your problem is, or im full of shiznit. It realy depends on the valve and particular on/off and how they worked before you changed, make the bottom fit exactly the same as your ult. It will work if you have the right amount of shims and O-rings
(I have milled out the bottom of "Banjo" bolt RT valves to fit ULT, and the trick is in the shims and making sure it seals up right (lvl 10 doesnt cause chuffing, its half trigger pulls)
the reason it seems the level X chuffs is the air pressure it gets from the on/off, half pull= half air= bolt chuff. not the other way around. your problem with CHUFFING is Not your lvl X
if it shoots on full trigger pulls and works (pinches the ball, then resets fine)your lookin at on/off fine tuneing

I have worked on all kinds of valves and chuffing has never been the bolts fault, it's the trigger pull+air pressure to the bolt problem (thats the on-off's job.)
Good luck, I personaly like my classic RT on/off. (as you said you cant chuff it) and it ripps set up right. ULT isnt all that good except for pneumatic trigger mags, or (E-mags, Spydermags, Egomags etc..) mess with the shims and O-rings to get the tghtest fit. My advice. Then it wont leak and will be more reactive.

Good luck,
Matt :shooting:

Regular o-ring in the RT on/off. I'll have to mess with it some more to get it to fit I guess.

I originally thought it was my level 10 causing the problem but I think it's really just short-stroking the ULT. While test firing, I was watching my trigger pull to see what my fingers were really doing. I know that I'm not pulling the trigger back completely all the time. I know it's an "easy" solution but sometimes tough to do while rapid firing.

I used a Retro valve briefly (before selling it) and didn't short stroke at all. I think the return force really made a difference and prevented my trigger-pulling-tendencies.

I can take another look at the lvl10 setup anyway. I just try not to tinker with it too much once I get it working. Sometimes I do more harm than good. :tard:

... and everything it nicely oiled too :)

Thanks for the quick response!