PDA

View Full Version : Old AGD sponsored team

M-a-s-sDriver
01-10-2002, 11:58 PM
These are the California LandSharks, circa 1994.
I am on the lower right holding one of my nicest mags ever.
It had the 8-hole mod, custom on-off, Uni-reg, custom trigger, beveled sear, titanium-nitride bolt, classic feed with aftermarket power-feed, all done in a medium-grey with gold/black splash. Mark is to my right, and in the back row second and third from the left is Maui-PFB and Alan. They are my best friends, and we formed one of the most feared and aggressive teams in paintball, the Pink Fluffy Ballerinas.
This picture was taken at the NPPL San Diego after Avalanche, in thier last ever game as amatures, beat us with only 3 players left, and no flag hang.
This was the first year that I saw 2-finger triggers and HPA tanks, used by the All-Americans. Those guns were so fearsome looking, it would take your breath away. The AA's spanked us in the first game of the tourny. I think we shot one of them in a one-one bunker move. They introduced us to "evil-fill". Yellow-stained jerseys.
:)
More to come, Brent Jackson, PFB.

Bonx0007
01-11-2002, 12:00 AM
Cool history lesson man.

Goldie D Pimp
01-11-2002, 09:41 AM
OH.... that brings back memories! The days of camo renegades and those foam billed hats!!! Not sure if I miss those days or not :confused:

RSUAVE911
01-11-2002, 02:03 PM
pretty cool :)

FaSSt
01-11-2002, 02:08 PM
Cool

DYE-BaLLeR
01-11-2002, 04:33 PM
did you guys not use barrel plugs?

Maui PFB
01-12-2002, 12:26 AM
Thanks Mass
I was in the witness protection program till now. You have released pictures of me, now I will have to move to a different island. But it is good to think back on the old days. Guess I will have to scan more mad history.

Maui

M-a-s-sDriver
01-12-2002, 10:34 AM
Dye-Baller, look closely and you will see some barrel plugs, just not in my gun. Things were not very strict back then.
A coupla more things you may notice: Everybody has the 18 volt "shredder" loader with the extra battery retrofitted under the battery compartment (except for MAUI PFB who rarely shoots more than 3 balls a second, and could probably get away with just a regular loader) and nobody is wearing masks, just goggles, which is what I prefer. I think MAUI is still shooting that same Mag.
The guy to my right, Mark, still has that Mag, and he owned it 2 years before this pic was taken. It has the black box, and he still uses that same old 16 inch AA barrel.
Think about this: those guys have been shooting the same gun for 8-10 years now. Anyone here think you can out snap-shoot them? I still play with Mark, and unless you get the drop on them, you are screwed.
Moral; Don't buy a new gun every 15 minutes.
Good luck in the Alutian Islands Maui PFB. hehehehe
Brent jackson, PFB.

TheBigRaguPB4L
01-12-2002, 01:51 PM
come on, i realize they've been playing a while, but if you guys are so good, why aren't you the best in the pro's?

Goldie D Pimp
01-12-2002, 05:10 PM
Time and Money! Time and Money!

Cha0tic
01-12-2002, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by TheBigRaguPB4L
come on, i realize they've been playing a while, but if you guys are so good, why aren't you the best in the pro's?

it takes alot of money to keep a team together running tourneys. you have to pay for entry to tournies and leagues.
you have to travel to the different games. you have to buy paint and keep your equipment up to date.

not many people have the time or money to do this.

Rob @ DNR
01-12-2002, 08:22 PM
Oh man, you have brought back some serious memories... I used to play at Paintball Sam's almost every weekend! When I wasn't playing, I was bothering the guys down at Predator.
I remember playing in the Big Game II at Paintball Sam's. It was the first time I met Tom Kaye. Grand prize for the raffle was a new Mini Mag. I was one ticket off from winning. I was mad! I was also lucky enough to join the "Sharks" from time to time on team practice days. The Landsharks are a very good team. I remember getting bunkered by one guy that was shooting a Phantom stock class gun. He came around on me and got me to surrender. I should have shot him. He was all out of 12 grams!
That is the only thing I miss about living in CA. The paintball. It is just different out here on the East coast. thank's for the memories. Go Landsharks!!!

M-a-s-sDriver
01-13-2002, 12:29 AM
Sorry to hear you are stuck on the east coast Rob.
Wow. Big Game II. Mostly all I did that day was fill co2. I could fill any size co2 bottle perfectly, just from feel. It seems like everybody in paintball was there that day. Tom Kaye,Bob Long, Dirk, Ow Pawlack, (that's Ow's dad Ed in the back row, with the beard, he owns Sam's.)A bunch of reps from PMI, RPS. Being the geek I was, I got lots of autographs. I even have some pics of that day, and if I can't find them, Maui PFB will.
Seems like Tom Kaye was toting around a HPA tank then. Hmmm.
Brent Jackson, PFB.

TheBigRaguPB4L
01-13-2002, 05:17 AM
found this at the warpig website. looked like a couple of your guys. did you know you guys were on warpig?

M-a-s-sDriver
01-13-2002, 08:31 PM
Fish and Ricky they are.
The funny thing is I recognise that yellow VW camper in the background. The guy that owns it used to get a few kids on his team (Radar Love...I ain't EVEN goin' there) send them to the front while he found a hole and mushroomed up. We called it "Tyner Ball" in honor of him.
Brent Jackson, PFB.

Maui PFB
01-13-2002, 11:33 PM
Big ragu I don't claim to be good, but I have played a long time. To answer your ?? Keeping up with the NPPL, Pan Am takes a lot of time and money. Some can make the commitment
some cant. I love tournament caliber ball but I would rather promote this sport at a local level. But if Tom Kaye starts a AGD factory Team I Might consider it. Rob At DNR That Bunker was Me I think STOCK CLASS Rocks. Brent I Have the photos out and will commence scanning of Auto History.

Played ball with 2 AO's from Chicago that came for Vacation,
Pics and story to come .

P.S. Its 78 Degrees here.Playing in the winter in Maui sure is the pits(HE HE)

tremis
01-13-2002, 11:50 PM
Hey, I was at the San Diego NPPL too. That was right before I came back to PA. I agree with rob, its different between the east coast and west. I'm not sure which I like better. The weather though in San Diego rules.

Tremis

billmi
01-14-2002, 10:24 AM
Man those pics do bring back some memories....

Old school rec.sport.paintball and Effnet #paintball is where I originally met Greg (beh, I can't even remember his last name now) and Ricardo Murillo, and Glenn Palmer. I met them in person the first time at Paintball Sam's toys for tot's game in 1993 (or 94, I forget) - that was the first event I covered for APG. And I met Tom Kaye there, bumped into him in lin for CO2 fills, and he showed me his regulated fiber wrapped tank on a SCUBA backpack frame that he was filling with CO2 because the field had no HPA.

See you on the field,
-Bill Mills

Rob B
01-15-2002, 03:00 PM
(BTW, this is Rob @DNR, I am having problems with my other user name)
Hey Maui, if that was you on that bunker move, then you need to come on out to scenic Delaware for some payback! I still have the same mag that I used to shoot from back in the day, and it has been waiting for you... :D
Here is another flashback. I remember Oh Pawlak running around in a red plaid pullover. I remember thinking he was on dope for making himself such a target. Now look at what we wear on the speedball fields, some of these jerseys make plaid look down right boring. Man I miss those days...

Jonno06
01-16-2002, 12:36 PM
When you said Avalanche as ameuter,dont you mean "easy company"?