PDA

View Full Version : Classic Valve Recharge Rate

SirLeClean
09-24-2007, 11:53 PM
Hey, I was just wondering what the classic valves top recharge rate was? (top BPS)

MAx

aqua_scummm
09-25-2007, 12:02 AM
13ish bps

EclipseClassic
09-25-2007, 12:06 AM
I have heard 13-15bps. But with RT or similar ON/OFF up to 20 bps.

Beemer
09-25-2007, 12:52 AM
I keep saying it but nobody hears it. The classic will cycle at 26bps.

Hitech has vids at 20bps full auto on a hyper frame at about 800psi in.

edit to add vids.

Here they are. Do a Goldwave. Thats a classic, believe it. :ninja: Now dont tell no one, its a secret. Not bad for a 17 year old design Huh. :spit_take

http://home.comcast.net/~beemerone/HitechHyper1.avi 3.3Meg

http://home.comcast.net/~beemerone/HitechHyper2.avi 3.1Meg

All credit for the vids goes to Hitech I am just reposting them.

Damn look at all that kick that aint there. I like when he turns around with THAT look in the first one. Read em and weep brotha. :rofl: :cheers:

Lomarandil
09-25-2007, 01:18 AM
Beemer's right.. you just never see them getting up that fast, because they are generally attached to CF single frames.

Lo

BigEvil
09-25-2007, 04:12 AM
I keep saying it but nobody hears it. The classic will cycle at 26bps.

Hitech has vids at 20bps full auto on a hyper frame at about 800psi in.

edit to add vids.

Here they are. Do a Goldwave. Thats a classic, believe it. :ninja: Now dont tell no one, its a secret. Not bad for a 17 year old design Huh. :spit_take

http://home.comcast.net/~beemerone/HitechHyper1.avi 3.3Meg

http://home.comcast.net/~beemerone/HitechHyper2.avi 3.1Meg

All credit for the vids goes to Hitech I am just reposting them.

Damn look at all that kick that aint there. I like when he turns around with THAT look in the first one. Read em and weep brotha. :rofl: :cheers:

The whole "Classic Valve Drop off" was nothing more than a myth spread by cocker guys. :) Back in the day, barrel manufacturers were lazy, and many mag barrels had horribly oversized bores (To accommodate that bolt at the back) This caused shots that would have arching trajectories. Once tighter bore barrels showed up on the market, the difference was noticable.

Also IIRC, TK states somewhere the classic valve would 'start' to drop off at 15 bps. Now TK ust doesnt speak out of his butt without hard data to back it up, so take whatever his number is as gospel. Think about that, and then tell me how people were shooting 15+bps back in the days of single mech triggers, CO2, and non-agitated hoppers?

Scott Hudnall
09-25-2007, 03:39 PM
In one of the "Electrician"s threads, he said the classic valve cycles w/o drop up to 16 per second. I have no hard data to back that up, but knowing him....I'm positive that he does.

Spider-TW
09-25-2007, 04:54 PM
Yes, search for threads started by 'the electrician', he has lots of interesting stuff on classic valves.

Here's flyingpootang's 20bps classic (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=201202&highlight=bps+classic) thread.

Classics make pretty pneumags, but you have to remember that's a '20 evenly spaced balls per second' rate. Your fingers don't do that (until you get the cybernetic mod), so you might see a drooper on occasion. If you learn to walk a pneu smoothly at around 16 bps, you can get a clean rope.

warbeak2099
09-25-2007, 05:17 PM
Classics can do around 15-16bps w/o shootdown. Whoever said 13bps is just silly.

SirLeClean
09-25-2007, 06:37 PM
Seeing as AO is so helpful, just gonna confirm something, I have an Classic mag, except on the valve it says minimag, i'm 99% sure they are the EXACT same thing apart from the inscription on the side...correct?

rx2
09-25-2007, 07:59 PM
Yes

mr doo doo
09-25-2007, 08:04 PM
wowzers, now that i saw it for reals, im stuck at 20+ bps.

Spider-TW
09-25-2007, 09:39 PM
Seeing as AO is so helpful, just gonna confirm something, I have an Classic mag, except on the valve it says minimag, i'm 99% sure they are the EXACT same thing apart from the inscription on the side...correct?
With one small item. Somewhere along the production of the A.I.R., about the time HPA started popular use (Air America came to town), AGD began indexing the threads between the valve body and the regulator, so that the one hole between them would always line up.

They didn't do that initially and you would get noticeable shoot down if your valve body and reg happened to be misaligned. The 'eight-hole' mod avoids the alignment issue by putting a bunch of holes in the reg. If it says 'Classic' on the side, it should be aligned by design. I don't know the timeline on minimag valves, but a lot of A.I.R. valves are aligned anyway, intentionally or not.

SirLeClean
09-26-2007, 12:27 AM
So if i simply added a hyperframe to my classic mag (13bps frame), i wouldnt need to move up to an x-valve?

Tao
09-26-2007, 07:55 AM
I saw a thread where someone was talking about mods that can be done to the classic valve to increase its max bps. An RT on /off was the easiest, and there were several others which required machining. Each only increased the max sustainable rate of fire by 1 or 2 bps, but in the end he could do around 20 flawlessly.

warbeak2099
09-26-2007, 08:40 AM
So if i simply added a hyperframe to my classic mag (13bps frame), i wouldnt need to move up to an x-valve?

No you wouldn't.

Spider-TW
09-26-2007, 08:50 AM
The hyperframes came with their own on/off, so if you buy a used one plan on getting a new on/off for it anyway. The RT has about half the pull weight of the classic on/off. I don't remember if that is light enough for a hyperframe. Should be.

Then you can get a serial number for your old classic on/off from Papa Smurf. We're trying to make classic on/offs collectables on ebay. :rolleyes: