PDA

View Full Version : Need your input - New fund raiser for Jim@Ape

BigEvil
09-25-2007, 09:32 AM
To Everyone,

Once again we are attempting to help out Jim and his family during these difficult times. For any of you who do not know, Jim Walton of Advanced Paintball Electronics, (aka Jim@APE and DIVEANX) was diagnosed with Lukemia earlier this year. More information can be found at this thread on PBN HERE (http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=2183321)

Jim is currently struggling to survive his second round of chemo therapy. Last update, he was in very bad shape, but fighting hard to pull through.

In an effort to help his family out, a few of us have offered up some products and services for sale with all proceeds being donated to the Walton family.

The latest endeavor is a collaboration between Arstron and myself. We will be offering the following tshirts for sale, again with all profits going to Jim and his family.

http://www.fusionowners.org/jim.jpg

We are still working on the design, but it will be very similar to the one above. It will be offered in white only, sizes sm to xxxl (XXL and XXXL are slightly more $). We are aiming for a $25 or $30 price, which would include shipping to the continental 48 US States. At the $25 price, the amount per shirt which Jim's family would receive would be less than $10. At $30, it would be slightly greater.

So AO, tell me what you think of the idea, the design, and the prices.

Once we get some feedback, I will go ahead and post a thread in the dealers forum.

Dont forget, the original benafit thread can be found here;
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=216184

flyingpootang
09-25-2007, 09:43 AM
Great idea BigE. I'll take one when there available. Maybe we should have a Hot Girl in a Benefit for Jim T-shirt contest also. Yeah yeah I know thats RUDZ department, but worth a shot.

luke
09-25-2007, 10:13 AM
I would be up for a tee, but I don't really care for the line "all I got was this lousy tee shirt".

wahoo5x5
09-25-2007, 10:30 AM
I would be in for one! :headbang:

93civiccpe
09-25-2007, 11:26 AM
I'd definitely take one.. and I'll be at Disney during the time that the Cup is going on... would you have it in time for me to wear it there??

txrabbit
09-25-2007, 11:31 AM
i'd take a couple

robnix
09-25-2007, 11:31 AM
I don't care much for the whole urination motif, it's just tacky. As long as that's there, I'd rather just donate $25.00 and skip the shirt.

luke
09-25-2007, 12:04 PM
Perhaps the shirts should be used more as a "bill board" to generate more awareness and money for the cause rather than a reward for giving to the cause. Something along the lines of Jim@ape needs help fighting Leukemia ( :) spell checker caught that) please help etc. etc. with what ever logos are appropriate and perhaps a web address to get more information.

I also think that the APE logo needs to be the biggest of the logos that are chosen to focus peoples attention on who it's for. I'm in for what ever is printed, though...

luke
09-25-2007, 12:13 PM
We should also come up with some kind of a tag line, perhaps something like "Paintball players unite for a friend in need". Maybe not that exactly but you get the idea...

Smoothice
09-25-2007, 12:14 PM
Stupid question but Leukemia is a form of cancer correct?

This may sound selfish but my father in Law is currently going through some pretty intense treatment for a different kind of cancer.

Could we just have the guy pissing on the word CANCER. Yes I realize that Jim is fighting a perticular form of cancer but if we brodden the term a little more maybe there would be more interest.

I don't know. Just an idea.

I like the shirt and that the guy is taking a leak on the word. Maybe thats because of my father in laws situation.

I do agree that jims logo could be bigger and perhaps some info on where others could donate.

I will most likely buy one.

luke
09-25-2007, 12:21 PM
I don't care much for the whole urination motif, it's just tacky.

ditto :)

warbeak2099
09-25-2007, 12:21 PM
I love the shirt and the sarcasm. I'll buy one if it has the urination picture and it says, "all I got was this lousy t-shirt" lol. I love it and I'd love to support Jim. Cancer ftl.

Arstron
09-25-2007, 02:36 PM
I changed the original pic to a 2 sided shirt, do you guys think this would work better?

Smoothice
09-25-2007, 02:38 PM
I changed the original pic to a 2 sided shirt, do you guys think this would work better?

Is there a website where people can donate to this cause? If so it should be on there.

Front and Back is great but won't that cost more? And therefore reduce what Jim's family actually receives?

Anjin3515
09-25-2007, 03:06 PM
Have you thought of useing Zazzle.com or Cafe Press.com ?

All you have to do id upload an image...they take care of everything else....
Then people could order any size or color.
Just a suggestion.

Arstron
09-25-2007, 03:09 PM
With the amount of info I was putting on the front, it honestly wont cost me that much more as it stands, becuse of the bigger APE logo, I will be using an extra 2" of material and ink. I will be printing these on my own time and at my cost for big evil to get as much money as we can raised for Jim. :cheers:

robnix
09-25-2007, 03:27 PM
ditto :)

This is a great idea, but one that I think could be done with a bit more taste.

Warwitch
09-25-2007, 03:38 PM
I like the first design best personally. Im a little miffed at the response (or lack therof) that I got from APE. I cant remember who I talked to but I would think APE would be a huge part of this but they quit responding after about two pm's ?

luke
09-25-2007, 03:44 PM
This is a great idea, but one that I think could be done with a bit more taste.

Yup. I agree.

No offense meant to BigEvil or Arstron for your efforts or designs, but for me it's too serious of a matter to try and bring humor into it.

Smoothice
09-25-2007, 03:44 PM
I like the first design best personally. Im a little miffed at the response (or lack therof) that I got from APE. I cant remember who I talked to but I would think APE would be a huge part of this but they quit responding after about two pm's :mad: Jim derserves better! Members of this forum have done more for him! Scott for instance. Point being I dont really feel they deserve to be honored on the shirts. My .02......

I don't really know who Jim is. I was assuming that he is the owner of APE. Is this correct? Or is he just a guy who works for them?

Smoothice
09-25-2007, 03:47 PM
Yup. I agree.

No offense meant to BigEvil or Arstron for your efforts or designs, but for me it's too serious of a matter to try and bring humor into it.

For me I think the more humor the better. I spend enough time with tears in my eyes over this issue.

Just my .02 cents.

Lomarandil
09-25-2007, 03:55 PM
I'm on the side of Luke on this one..

The lousy Tshirt line and the urinating really does little to benefit the idea, and can take alot away.

Just say something along the lines of standing behind Jim. That's all it needs.
Lo

luke
09-25-2007, 03:56 PM
I don't know, it seems to me that making light of the situation should be reserved for those that are directly involved, not those on the outside. Somehow it doesn't set right with me thinking of my kid wearing a shirt like that to school. But like I said I will contribute no matter what tee shirt is made, but it would be nice to have a shirt to wear that may prompt others to contribute. ;)

AirAssault
09-25-2007, 04:21 PM
Come one guys, humor is a big help in the healing/ recovery process. Im a nurse, I should know. I think the shirt is great! Plus anyone who plays paintball will understand the peeing thing. I'd pick one up.

Papa_Smurf
09-25-2007, 04:25 PM
I'd take a few. :cheers:

Lomarandil
09-25-2007, 04:28 PM
Come one guys, humor is a big help in the healing/ recovery process. Im a nurse, I should know. I think the shirt is great! Plus anyone who plays paintball will understand the peeing thing. I'd pick one up.

I never did.
Lo

robnix
09-25-2007, 04:30 PM
I don't know, it seems to me that making light of the situation should be reserved for those that are directly involved, not those on the outside. Somehow it doesn't set right with me thinking of my kid wearing a shirt like that to school. But like I said I will contribute no matter what tee shirt is made, but it would be nice to have a shirt to wear that may prompt others to contribute. ;)

My four year old is at the age where he thinks anything involving the potty is side splitting funny. I'm not four, I'd like to buy one and be able to wear it to the office.

Smoothice
09-25-2007, 04:36 PM
My four year old who's at the age where he thinks anything involving the potty is side splitting funny. I'm not four, I'd like to buy one and be able to wear it to the office.

Well then post up some alternate ideas.

I personally would be bored by a shirt that has nothing but text. So what would another eye catching design for the front be?

For the record I like the peeing. Perhaps I am 4 years old at heart.

But maybe another idea would be the same painball guy unloading a hopper full at the word leukemia.

Picture him standing there with his gun drawn and a string of paintballs making their way out of the gun to the target. And a few splat marks already on the target.

robnix
09-25-2007, 04:43 PM
Well then post up some alternate ideas.

Don't have any. I just know what I won't wear, since he asked for comments on this, I gave out mine.

But maybe another idea would be the same painball guy unloading a hopper full at the word leukemia.

Picture him standing there with his gun drawn and a string of paintballs making their way out of the gun to the target. And a few splat marks already on the target.

Job well done, I'd wear that (as long as it's a mag ;) ). It fits the concept a lot better than the whole peeing bit. It's paintballers against leukaemia, not the local chapter of the peemeisters.

BigEvil
09-25-2007, 05:00 PM
We will take any and all of your ideas and critiques into consideration. However, if you knew Jim, you would be wondering why we kept the humor so 'tame ;)

Maybe we can come up with something a little more AO-directed.

warbeak2099
09-25-2007, 05:21 PM
Humor is better than dull seriousness. It does more good to laugh than to mope.

BigEvil
09-25-2007, 05:23 PM
We will take any and all of your ideas and critiques into consideration. However, if you knew Jim, you would be wondering why we kept the humor so 'tame ;)

Maybe we can come up with something a little more AO-directed.

Like this one

http://img2.putfile.com/main/9/26718282257.jpg

Papa_Smurf
09-25-2007, 05:23 PM
Picture isn't working for me.

BigEvil
09-25-2007, 05:27 PM
Humor is better than dull seriousness. It does more good to laugh than to mope.

My life's motto. If I didnt, I would be in jail for murder a long time ago.

Smoothice
09-25-2007, 05:32 PM
Like this one

If those are my only options I would take the pee shirt.

BigEvil
09-25-2007, 05:40 PM
Here is another version of the Pee shirt

http://img2.putfile.com/main/9/26718450346.jpg

Smoothice
09-25-2007, 07:16 PM

I like the layout better on this one. But the wording of the first one better. Something about the word supported makes me feel like there is no more need to support.

mr doo doo
09-25-2007, 08:01 PM
^^ yea, i like that one. even though im sort of a noobie and im not so fond of Jim, but i would love to donate since my friend was diagnosed with Leukemia as well. So count me in!

warbeak2099
09-25-2007, 10:16 PM

That would be perfect if AO and the other companies were on the back.

Warwitch
09-26-2007, 09:15 AM
^^ yea, i like that one. even though im sort of a noobie and im not so fond of Jim, but i would love to donate since my friend was diagnosed with Leukemia as well. So count me in!

Uh, not so fond of Jim? Do you know him? If not I suggest you muffle it and find your way to another thread!! :mad:

I dont meant to be harsh but that comment is waaaaayyyyyy out of line. The guy has cancer, if you dont like him keep it to yourself before you alienate yourself from this forum.

Arstron
09-26-2007, 09:27 AM
Uh, not so fond of Jim? Do you know him? If not I suggest you muffle it and find your way to another thread!! :mad:

I dont meant to be harsh but that comment is waaaaayyyyyy out of line. The guy has cancer, if you dont like him keep it to yourself before you alienate yourself from this forum.

I think what he meant was he is new to the sport so doesnt know who he is, so he isnt dedicated enough to start somthing like this. I dont think he meant anything real bad by his statment, atleast thats how I took it.

BigEvil
09-26-2007, 09:28 AM

I think that was taken out of context.. I 'think' he just meant to say he doesnt know him. I had to read it a couple of times myself.

BTW Simon, you still around or leave town yet? I was going to call you last night but wasnt sure you were around.

GraveDiggersUnion
09-26-2007, 10:24 AM
think i'll be ordering a few of those shirts for me and my team mates...wish they were done up sooner,i'd had worn it to ref our benefit game...

pepple84
09-26-2007, 10:31 AM
anyone else think the little guy peeing has his mouth open like he's saying "uh oh, you caught me" ?

i'd say keep throwing around the ideas for a bit longer to get something everyone would like, that way more people would buy them. unless you want to make 2 different runs, one for the 4 year old crowd and one for the white collar crowd :D

one of my team mates is a survivor of cancer so i'm glad to see such support by so many people :clap:

GraveDiggersUnion
09-26-2007, 10:35 AM
maybe have an APE pissin instead would be more fitting

Warwitch
09-26-2007, 07:24 PM
I think what he meant was he is new to the sport so doesnt know who he is, so he isnt dedicated enough to start somthing like this. I dont think he meant anything real bad by his statment, atleast thats how I took it.

Doo Doo: if this is the situation please accept my sincere apologies. It must have just been the way I read it. I didnt mean to get defensive on you.

maniacmechanic
09-26-2007, 07:49 PM
Big E & Arstron you both need to be thanked for what you are doing with this .
I'll buy at least 1 of whatever you print ( & i HATE white t's ) , but it would be nice to have one that won't offend John Q Public & I could wear to work

mr doo doo
09-26-2007, 08:01 PM
Oh, shoot, my bad. ill admit my english isnt good, and i always thought the word" fond" meant like "to know", but it doesnt... :tard:

so, what i really meant was: that since i was out of the sport for awhile, i dont really know who Jim is but after reading a lot about him and such, i would be more than willing to help him fight his situation.

please forgive me for my misunderstanding statement.

Ninjeff
09-27-2007, 03:23 AM
i think the little paintball dude shooting "cancer" or something like that is the best bet. Same idea, alot less offensive and redneck.

Plus, it IS paintball so it works with the theme.

luke
09-27-2007, 08:40 AM
Big E & Arstron you both need to be thanked for what you are doing with this .
I'll buy at least 1 of whatever you print ( & i HATE white t's ) , but it would be nice to have one that won't offend John Q Public & I could wear to work

I agree with the whole statement as I have already stated but "& i HATE white t's" was one point I didn't make.

:cheers:

Rudz
09-27-2007, 11:37 AM
Great idea, and ill take whatever design is chosen, good to see people working together for this

Smoothice
09-27-2007, 04:40 PM
Yes my photoshop skillz suck but you get the idea.

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x57/smoothice15/jimlogochange.jpg

who ever drew the first one could obviously do a better job. And would know how to make the target more readable.

Anjin3515
09-27-2007, 07:19 PM
Ok this is just a quick idea......done in like 10/15 minutes...it would need to be tightened up.
I have other ideas I am thinking of too.

http://www.anjindesign.com/images/Colors/front.jpg

http://www.anjindesign.com/images/Colors/back.jpg

cyberave68
09-27-2007, 09:25 PM
http://www.fusionowners.org/jim.jpg

I like this paintball guy on the front with this other design on the back.... The P.A.I.N.T. is pretty awesome!!! and add the we all care part... My .02

olinar
09-27-2007, 09:52 PM
all really cool designs!

BigEvil
09-30-2007, 05:54 PM
Sorry I have been out of this thread for so long.. my internet access is severly limited for the last couple of days.

I hope to have TWO designs finalized and a thread in the dealers section up sometime this week.

Thanks for all you input. I look forward to the orders rolling in.

Also.. just to reiterate - ALL PROCEEDS will go to the Walton family.

Rudz
09-30-2007, 10:52 PM
Awesome, can't wait, thanks guys, bigevil and arston ftw!!!!!

BigEvil
10-10-2007, 07:41 PM
Sorry guys - Ive been extremely busy with work and my brothers wedding (and about 100 other things on the TO-DO list).

These are still on the drawing board... hopefully coming soon.

Pudgey51
10-10-2007, 10:59 PM
Ok this is just a quick idea......done in like 10/15 minutes...it would need to be tightened up.
I have other ideas I am thinking of too.

http://www.anjindesign.com/images/Colors/front.jpg

FTW!!!like this one the best...but im down for at least one any design u go with