PDA

View Full Version : Use of Gold/Silver and Gems

Swampy
09-25-2007, 12:38 PM
Now I'm not a jeweler or a machinist. But so far the golden mags are the only use of materials for gold.

But is it possible to in lay gold/silver into a alum or steel body? Or use gems to create something. Granted it would just be for show

I bring this up cause I found my ex finance's ring here (about 1/2 carat diamond) while I was cleaning up around here.

Was just day dreaming it would be cool to do the AGD lions logo and pick up another 1/2 carat stone to use as the eyes on a grip frame. Granted I don't have the cash now (school is sucking me dry, about to break into the savings bonds) but maybe after I hit the real job world.

Duzzy
09-25-2007, 12:45 PM
Personally I don't think it would be functional and you would risk losing the gems while playing. That and you're just begging for your gun to get stolen.

olinar
09-25-2007, 05:37 PM
i say sell it and buy another mag.

idk what the diamond is worth but im sure you could buy a mag with it.

GriMachine
09-25-2007, 08:21 PM
I have seen a guy lay real gold vinyl into a gun before but not annodized gold.

magmonkey
10-16-2007, 05:54 PM
maghog (dan from triggernomics) used to do triggers out of silver with jewels in them.
plus his tlc markers

Spider-TW
10-16-2007, 09:56 PM
Granted I don't have the cash now (school is sucking me dry, about to break into the savings bonds) but maybe after I hit the real job world.
Sounds like you already have a use for that diamond.

I have not had either one, but I have seen the numbers and an extra engagement ring is a whole lot cheaper than a divorce (but worth a few books).

:cheers:

Warwitch
10-19-2007, 09:58 AM
Im currently having the trigger for my Viking gold plated by PB4L. Cant wait to see the finished product!

zipity_Bop
10-19-2007, 11:03 AM
what cut is the stone? id its hex shaped get the ring melted and make an A and have the O the stone.... that be ballin' :bounce: