PDA

View Full Version : Sear position

djellum
09-26-2007, 07:33 PM
Starting my pneumag project soon and i was doing some initial space testing. I see lots of pictures of pneumags where the piston pushes the sear a little bit higher than the normal pin hole. i want to use the maximum leverage but I was wondering if its just a space reason that people do this or if its because the piston doesnt travel far enough to fully work the valve at the farthest point south.

Andrewliu6294
09-26-2007, 08:08 PM
its mainly space issues, more leverage is always a good thing. The arm on the MSV-2 can cause clearance issues. I ran into some issues with it, but that's cuz i'm using the stock trigger rod location, and a little milling in the trigger frame solved that problem.

although if you use an RT on/off, or ULT, it wont really matter much how low, as long as its not overly above average.

I'm running a classic, and as a result i placed mine as low as possible, and needed to shave the grip screws as a result.
now, i have 2 grip screws acting as set screws, along with the set screws that mount the MPA-3 originally. that sucker isnt going anywhere. :cool:

djellum
09-26-2007, 09:45 PM
Excellent. I have an RT pro sear and pin so i was betting it would have a short enough stroke. My MSV will be mounted low so it shouldnt be in the way.