PDA

View Full Version : ULT instructions.

Toll
09-26-2007, 07:37 PM
Unfortunately the guide at the top of the page has had its pictures gone for quite some time..and as such I am a bit hosed. Just curious if anyone has any install instructions handy, or atleast tell me vaguely how to manipulate the kit.

Tao
09-26-2007, 11:32 PM
Unfortunately the guide at the top of the page has had its pictures gone for quite some time..and as such I am a bit hosed. Just curious if anyone has any install instructions handy, or atleast tell me vaguely how to manipulate the kit.

It is pretty simple..add or subtract shims until you get the feel you like. Less shims will make it easier to short stroke the gun. More will make it have the tendancy to autofire.

First take the two orings out of the bottom of the on/off hole in the valve and keep them with your old on/off assembly.

Start with two shims in the ULT on/off assembly and work your way up.

The two pieces of the on/off assembly will "float" from each other with a gap in the middle where the shims go. This is normal. To open it to add more shims pull the two halves of the on/off away from each other (gently) and unscrew the two halves.

Basically keep adjusting the number of shims until you are satisfied.

Toll
09-27-2007, 08:28 AM
at the moment I'm using a pnueframe and I figured that a ULT would let me use less input psi from the lpr....Maybe I am all turned around on that? I seem to be out of air to try anymore ~.~

Coralis
09-27-2007, 05:24 PM
at the moment I'm using a pnueframe and I figured that a ULT would let me use less input psi from the lpr.

I would make that assumption too

Toll
09-29-2007, 03:19 AM
So more shims = lighter pull? Is it supposed to look almost identical to the one I had in there in the first place (the original didnt have the shims)

I think theres a part from the level 10 kit in the one I recieved which confused the hell out of me.

It unscrews, not pulls apart (mine at anyrate) so maybe I'm all turned around again

Coralis
09-29-2007, 12:43 PM
As I understand it adding shims is like shortening the on/off pin which will shorten the trigger pull some and make the marker easier to sweetspot.