PDA

View Full Version : emag wont recock

jhowss
09-27-2007, 12:54 PM
i've been having some problems with my emag. I have a x-valve w/ lvl 10 installed on it. My problem comes in manual mode, surpisingly to me. I can string about 4-5 shots together and then the gun won't recock. for some reason i dont have this problem when the electronics are on. I took off the grip and tried moving the sear when this happened and it wouldnt budge, so something from the valve/bolt is still making contact with it. Am I just missing something simple?

phizz
09-29-2007, 01:59 PM
Rod length too long perhaps?

DaFin
09-29-2007, 02:25 PM
Check the lvl 10 set up, first off the spring and then the carrier size. On the spring, does the spring protrude past the front of the bolt when you have it out of the marker?

jhowss
09-30-2007, 10:39 AM
Check the lvl 10 set up, first off the spring and then the carrier size. On the spring, does the spring protrude past the front of the bolt when you have it out of the marker?

Yes it does...about 1/8". I also noticed that when it doesnt reset that I have to to physically push the bolt back until it locks in behind the sear again

DaFin
09-30-2007, 12:16 PM
Try a larger carrier on the level 10.

jhowss
09-30-2007, 06:33 PM
ok i'll do that thanks. Should i keep the current amount of shims or start without any?

flyingpootang
09-30-2007, 08:45 PM
Before you use the next larger carrier remove 1 L10 shim at a time until it resets reliably. When you run out of shims than move to the next largest carrier and 2-3 shims and start all over again.

athomas
10-01-2007, 05:55 PM
Electronically, the sear probably stays out of the way until the valve completely resets. If you get any bounce at all in mechanical mode, the sear could hit the bottom of the bolt as it is resetting. If the level 10 is a bit tight, the extra friction from the sear could be just enough to slow it down and prevent a reset. Depending on where the bolt stops, an extra shim or two could help, but most likely you need to go to the next larger carrier using the same white carrier oring.