PDA

View Full Version : Those of you with powerfeeds look here please

pablo4429
09-27-2007, 11:20 PM
ok so obviously you have to use the clear elbows with the powerfeed so how high does that make your profile and if you cut the neck down does it help that much?

also does the elbow tend to slip and rotate during play?

last one, do they use centerfeed barrels?

thanks all

trevorjk
09-28-2007, 12:23 AM
ok so obviously you have to use the clear elbows with the powerfeed so how high does that make your profile and if you cut the neck down does it help that much?

also does the elbow tend to slip and rotate during play?

last one, do they use centerfeed barrels?

thanks all

centerfeed barrels can ONLY be used with a centerfeed body.

so if you have a hopper left, or hopper right body (which im assuming you do) you will NEED to use an Elbom.

to keep the elbow from slipping, and also from breaking. i suggest putting some electrical tape around the hopper and the powerfeed tube. just enough that it(elbow) goes on snug BEFORE tightening the elbow.

and about cutting the powerfeed... if you do it, just make sure you can still get an elbow on there ;) not sure on how much lower it will make the hopper but i would assume about a half and inch to maybe 3/4's. i wouldnt imagine much more then that, but i would have to have a mag infront of me to make sure

dstud2000
09-28-2007, 12:25 AM
this is an alternative to a plastic elbow, it is a bit pricey though PPS Feed Yoke (http://www.palmer-pursuit.com/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=42&products_id=201) I am sure though there are some here that could maybe make something similar.

mr doo doo
09-28-2007, 12:37 AM
you talking about powerfeed or regular right/left feeds? on my powerfeed, the profile is alright, but not so bad as regular right/left feeds. i never get shot int he hopper, only my body, for some reason...

pablo4429
09-28-2007, 12:54 AM
ya im talking about a powerfeed

so those only use powerfeed barrels or what??

mr doo doo
09-28-2007, 01:29 AM
yea, left and right feed barrels. the one that was the two "L's" on them. very common.

Spider-TW
09-28-2007, 08:21 AM
The right side feed uses the same barrel as a right to left power feed and vice versa. The hole is in the same place, just with a different feed neck.

Old AGD barrels came with one slot, or "L" as mr. doo says, for the barrel detent. Many barrels come with two (left and right) or three slots (left, right, and center) now. Three slots are a little annoying because it's easy to put them in on the center feed position in your left or right body.

I don't use tape, and on wet days (rain or paint) the elbow is a little too easy to turn. I think of it more as a strain relief. A few times I have knocked my feeder on its side, where the elbow rotated in two directions. My hopper would have broken off of a clamping vertical feed neck on one of those occasions.

[NA]WARLORD
09-28-2007, 09:03 AM
yea, left and right feed barrels. the one that was the two "L's" on them. very common.

Those are powerfeed barrels doo doo. As well as Classic style barrels, since most Classic bodies were right feed.

Lowest profile, most durable, longest lasting, ever:

http://www.proteamdirect.com/arprofel.html

mr doo doo
09-28-2007, 09:53 PM
oh yea ^^, my bad.

custar
09-28-2007, 11:13 PM
this is an alternative to a plastic elbow, it is a bit pricey though PPS Feed Yoke (http://www.palmer-pursuit.com/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=42&products_id=201) I am sure though there are some here that could maybe make something similar.

I have one of those. While it is secure, it puts the hopper way to high for me. I just can't use it.

custar