PDA

View Full Version : Intelli - Classic - Trigger Sear Question

MichaelMcKen
09-27-2007, 11:57 PM
Took the ELCD frame off my classic and replaced with Intelli.

Question: Does the marker have to be gassed up to see the proper relationship of trigger to sear?

After installing the frame it seems that the pin that slips through to behind the trigger is kinda loose and just sort of floats around.

Mike :confused:

mr doo doo
09-28-2007, 12:48 AM
Took the ELCD frame off my classic and replaced with Intelli.

Question: Does the marker have to be gassed up to see the proper relationship of trigger to sear?

After installing the frame it seems that the pin that slips through to behind the trigger is kinda loose and just sort of floats around.

Mike :confused:

yea, you mean like loose right? then yea, its like that. once you gas your gun up, the sear will pop out, and have a little gap from the sear rod to the back of the trigger.

MichaelMcKen
09-28-2007, 08:50 AM
Thanks.

I thought that how it was supposed to be but wanted to be sure since this is the first Mag I've done any work on.
;)

S.P.E.D
09-28-2007, 05:40 PM
i relized this too.. but i found out the hard way.

MichaelMcKen
09-30-2007, 08:02 PM
yea, you mean like loose right? then yea, its like that. once you gas your gun up, the sear will pop out, and have a little gap from the sear rod to the back of the trigger.

Okay, I got some air and after repairing a leaky macro line, this is exactly how it works. Thanks!

Next, the trigger itself seems to have quite a bit of play side to side. Is this normal for an Intelliframe double trigger? Is there a pin that needs replaced?

Lastly, I assume that I need to learn this trigger because if I pull too slowly or rest my fingers to firmly on it I will get a small amount of leakage out the barrel.

Mike

athomas
10-01-2007, 05:59 PM
Next, the trigger itself seems to have quite a bit of play side to side. Is this normal for an Intelliframe double trigger? Is there a pin that needs replaced?

Lastly, I assume that I need to learn this trigger because if I pull too slowly or rest my fingers to firmly on it I will get a small amount of leakage out the barrel.

MikeSide to side play can be stopped by shims. Usually the intelliframes are good from the start.

If you are getting a slight leak when you touch the trigger, remove a level 10 shim. If you are using a level 7 bolt, then use a shorter powertube spacer.