PDA

View Full Version : Ok Im Weird Anyone Else Do This ?

FOG
09-28-2007, 09:05 AM
Im right handed my bros are lefties , they taught me to shoot long guns so i shootem lefty
BUT with a handgun i shoot righty ( this also applies to paintball ) well this makes me ambidexterous w, markers an guns and is a BIG help

anyone else WIERD like this ?

questions? comments ? statements ?

PEACE FOG

MichaelMcKen
09-28-2007, 09:10 AM
Yup!

You're not the only one.

I don't know why I do it that way other than it just feels right.

Mike :eek:

behemoth
09-28-2007, 09:10 AM
I throw left, bat right, kick left, punch left and right, shoot left and right.

I'm all bass ackwards

[NA]WARLORD
09-28-2007, 09:11 AM
Its not weird and its also encouraged for snap shooting purposes. I have taken many a person out on the left side of a bunker while they are trying to snap shoot right handed from that position. It simply exposes to much of their body doing it that way.

TwilightG
09-28-2007, 09:19 AM
I'm all screwed up too! :tard:

Too many examples to list but yeah, you're not alone :D

Unfortunately I mostly shoot from my right.. working on shooting from the left. It'd really help to keep my body concealed when leaning out from a bunker.

siloseven
09-28-2007, 09:20 AM
I am right dominate, I write right, throw right, swing everything left: bat, hocky stick, golf club ect. punck and kick with both, and I can shoot either hand and cross shoulder and never miss a beat, with a firearm or paintball, but paintball is much easier cross shoulder.

FOG
09-28-2007, 10:07 AM
I posted this question on mccarter to an there are lots who do this ,it a BIG adantage on the PB field, i just realize there are so many of us

shoot strait, fog

SR_matt
09-28-2007, 10:47 AM
i dont so that but i can shoot faster with my left hand and im righty (i think its from playing violin and guitar)

my grandfather is right handed but he bats and golfs lefty. what ever works works man, if some one gives you a hard time just gog them :p

-matt

FOG
09-28-2007, 12:00 PM
I play bass geetar ,FER SURE it helps w/ speed

custar
09-28-2007, 11:44 PM
I throw, use a fork, write, etc. with my right hand, but with firearms I shoot left because when I was learning to shoot, my left eye was dominant. Since I have been shooting firearms for many years longer than I have shot paintball markers, I am more comfortable shooting lefty. Still, I shoot right-handed when shooting from the right side of a barrier/tree/bunker.

custar

druid
09-29-2007, 01:13 AM
I was born right-handed and with a lazy [right] eye. Being raised in a big hunting/shooting-sports family, made it impossible to shoot archery/long arms right handed. Therefore, learning to shoot left-handed was my only option.

4 years ago, my [then 4, now 8yr old] daughter inherited my lazy eye and I wasn't happy about it (for her sake). Long story short, the Doc fixed hers with glasses but fixed mine with surgery. At 37, I couldn't be happier with my new vision. I can now shoot archery/long-arms ambidextrously. Odd thing though...I've set up my warp-fed Mag for left-handed shooting. Since my vision has been corrected...is it habit or destiny? lol....

warbeak2099
09-29-2007, 01:30 AM
You have to be able to shoot left and right in tourny ball...

Swampy
09-29-2007, 02:19 AM
I Qual with a M16 for the military leftty but gun hunt whitetail with my right. I still don't get it myself (stupid brain)

trevorjk
09-29-2007, 02:31 AM
i can use both hands equally... except throwing a ball. brushing my teeth and clipping my finger nails :)

siloseven
09-29-2007, 09:37 AM
I play bass geetar ,FER SURE it helps w/ speed
You should have seen my ex-play, she used to play the trumpet competitivly, You couldn't keep paint in her hopper! she shot 19bps WITHOUT ramping :wow:

custar
09-29-2007, 01:14 PM
You have to be able to shoot left and right in tourny ball...

No doubt about that. It helps in scenario ball for the same reasons.

custar

FOG
09-29-2007, 03:33 PM
:wow: at ur ex dannnnnnnnnggggggggggggg

onedude36
09-29-2007, 09:29 PM
I feel i can shoot well with both hands. more accurately left, but I still shoot faster with my right hand. pump ;) I think one hand just gets more stroking practice than the other. :argh:

shorty24
09-29-2007, 11:10 PM
i'm a lefty as far as writing, eating, and shooting long guns are concerned; it's just what feels natural for me. However, i can do most things ambidextrously. Also, I shoot handguns righty. I recently found out that i actually don't have a dominant eye, and am fairly proficient at shooting long guns both righty and lefty...but lefty just feels better.

spike_ball999
09-29-2007, 11:17 PM
It seems many people these days are learning to use both hands.

I'm mostly right but I shoot left. I write with my right hand and do most things with my right, but there are a few select things I do with my left and I don't know why. For example, when I eat steak or something similar, fork is in my left hand, knife in my right. I also only use my phone with my left, steer with my left and shave with my left. I don't get it.

SR_matt
09-30-2007, 02:11 AM
^^ the eating thing is more just a european thing (even though ur in colorado), i dated a girl that was from the czech republic and even for a nice meal she didnt switch hands, its just a cultural thing more so... or maybe not, either way it takes less time

-matt

craltal
09-30-2007, 01:09 PM
^^ the eating thing is more just a european thing (even though ur in colorado), i dated a girl that was from the czech republic and even for a nice meal she didnt switch hands, its just a cultural thing more so... or maybe not, either way it takes less time

-matt

Actually I think that is supposed to be the "proper" way as far as those who teach manners are concerned so she was correct in not switching hands.

SR_matt
09-30-2007, 01:20 PM
no switching hands is the proper way, it was and still is the way the British royal eat, the pesants and lower class ate without switching because it was faster. http://www.csuchico.edu/plc/e-etiquette.html it is american etiquette to switch

-matt

craltal
09-30-2007, 01:46 PM
so it's the standard european way. leave it to us americans to make things more complex...

SR_matt
09-30-2007, 01:48 PM
yes and no, it the switching did come for the european royal so we just stole it and kept it

-matt

magmonkey
10-02-2007, 08:42 AM
I was left handed but forced to write with my right hand by early teachers,
I am more accurate shooting right handed as I am right eye dominant but faster with my left

Cow hunter
10-02-2007, 03:16 PM
im right handed, but my right eye is no good, so i shoot lefty.

trevorjk
10-02-2007, 04:07 PM
so anyone else have the problem of clipping there finger nails? my right hand clipping my left is a breeze, but my left hand clipping the right... thats a doozy

skife
10-03-2007, 01:26 PM
i'm lefty, i shoot rifles left handed. i shoot pistols left handed.

i shot PB left or right, either is good for me.
Archery i shoot lefty

i play hocky righty
and golf left handed.

i'm pretty weird

FOG
10-03-2007, 03:13 PM
Something else i learned is that when i shoot stocked guns rh that it feels btr if the stock is longer than if im shootin lefty, i cant figure out why tho

buzzboy
10-03-2007, 06:23 PM
I have found that I can shoot even tighter and switch faster if I shoot lefty out the right side and righty out the left side. Hard to explain but like shooting out the left my left hand goes out the left side of the gun smooth while left handed my shooting hand and elbow are sticking out the side of the bunker.

master_alexander
10-03-2007, 09:25 PM
i can do a few things with both hands...

anyways, i think the only way that it would interfere with shooting is which eye you sight with... right?