PDA

View Full Version : Team Fortress 2

WaffleBaron
09-28-2007, 06:22 PM
Anyone else gonna grab it? Got Fortress Forever and its just like TFC, just waiting for 10/10

fire1811
09-28-2007, 07:35 PM
Im sure I will add it to my collection of games

Will Wood
09-28-2007, 07:54 PM
I'm thinking about getting it. I loved TFC to death. I got out of the PC game scene lately just playing the occasional Halo or Madden but I think this is too good to pass up.

senghing27
09-28-2007, 11:26 PM
Hmm, I've been too lazy to read the requirements for PC..

Is it compatible with XP or must I get vista to play it?

fire1811
09-29-2007, 01:13 AM
I actually might just get the Orange box for xbox 360 instead of PC version

Indignant
09-29-2007, 02:13 AM
my friend got the beta since he bought orange box, we purchased HL2 and the episodes and all that jazz as they came though. no use in spending all that money just for portal which i'm not even that interested in

Blazestorm
09-29-2007, 03:10 AM
$15 more for HL2, Episode 1 and 2 which you could sell to a friend for $20 (then send as a "gift")

Seems like a deal to me :P

This is by far the most fun I've had playing online games in a good 3-4 years

http://www.lousyhero.com/blaze/tf2/30.jpg <--- took about 6 hours...

http://www.lousyhero.com/blaze/tf2/ for more screenshots...

Will Wood
09-29-2007, 09:30 AM
ok huge question, I havn't found any place confirming it, but also not denying it.

Can medics still plague the enemy?!
I was a huge player of Medic in the first one, and I killed ALOT of people through the poison.
And the syringe gun, is that basically the nail gun? No more shotty either? :(

personman
09-29-2007, 06:44 PM
Medics cant plague the enemy. No more bigass shotty, only the pussy one. Absolutely no grenades except for the demoman's launcher. Syringe gun = super nail gun (seems a little watered down though)
Very disappointing for me. I hope they fix some of this stuff. Otherwise its pretty fun to play.

Will Wood
09-29-2007, 08:25 PM
Yea, the medic being different might sway me away from buying it.
I played medic about 90% of the time, wasn't a big fan of the other classes. Usually would be sniper or spy if not medic.

I'll get it maybe later on, wait till maybe it gets cheaper.

SummaryJudgement
09-29-2007, 08:35 PM
Team Fortress?

Is this Quake you are discussing?

Will Wood
09-29-2007, 08:37 PM
Originally.
Then it because a sweet Half-Life Mod, now it's sequel comes with Orange Box.

SummaryJudgement
09-29-2007, 11:19 PM
Orange box?

I'm starting to feel behind in the times. The last time I played Quake was Weapons Factory Arena, WHICH I FRIGGIN LOVE! However, as far as first person shooters go, I've been doing the Battlefiled 2142 thing for a while...............

personman
09-30-2007, 05:09 PM
Wow... seriously? haha
I remember playing the old quake team fortress as well, but how did you miss team fortress classic for half life? It was a huge mod. Team Fortress 2 is based off the Half life 2 engine I believe. :p

Blazestorm
09-30-2007, 05:11 PM
You guys are upset that they actually gave the Medic a support role?

It's cool keeping a squad of guys alive and working with them to mow through a defense so you can cap a point/win, you get assists for every kill they get while you're healing them, so you get points on the scoreboard too

Still the most fun I've had in a long time.

jakeman7676
09-30-2007, 08:11 PM
I was looking forward to this game more than Halo 3 (omfg ya i know! :eek: ) but my computar = sux and can't run it. :( :( :(
I'm gonna go cry myself to sleep now...

Target Practice
10-01-2007, 01:07 AM
Bought the Orange Box when it came out. TF2 is fantastic.

Hexis
10-01-2007, 10:05 AM
Got Orange Box. I never got Ep1, so it the only thing I have to "gift" is HL2 vanilla.

Loving TF2. Need to get my server together and coloed.

thecavemankevin
10-01-2007, 10:27 AM
Loving TF2. Need to get my server together and coloed.

yes you do, i think i smell AO BF2 part two baby!

I'll defiantly be picking this one up

Hexis
10-01-2007, 10:37 AM
Excuse: I got a big game this weekend.

I'll see about getting the server running.

gibby
10-04-2007, 02:53 PM
Yeah, I'm worried about the "no grenades" thing. I think grenades played an important role with balancing. Conc jumps for medics who were the uber offensive players, grenades for soldiers for rocket/grenade combos, emps for engineers who can neutralize the demo man's pipes, the demoman's spam that could clear out any situation...all made the game fast paced and crazy fun!

Although I hear great things about TF2 and looking forward to getting the Orange Box...I wonder what the TFC diehards think about TF2. I love the comical art style but is that enough to make up for the loss in gameplay that the previous mod had?

Blazestorm
10-04-2007, 07:06 PM
If you want spazzy conc jumping, grenade spam, and the flaws of TFC...

play www.fortress-forever.com

It's TF2, not TFC2 or TFC Source.

The "TFC Diehards" are the minority, Valve would be stupid to cater to them.

Medic is not uber-offensive... he's a medic now. Engineer doesn't have insta-gib EMP nades anymore, he has to protect his insta-gib sentry ;)

gibby
10-05-2007, 12:25 PM
If you want spazzy conc jumping, grenade spam, and the flaws of TFC...

play www.fortress-forever.com

It's TF2, not TFC2 or TFC Source.

The "TFC Diehards" are the minority, Valve would be stupid to cater to them.

Medic is not uber-offensive... he's a medic now. Engineer doesn't have insta-gib EMP nades anymore, he has to protect his insta-gib sentry ;)
Yeah, my old clan buddy, Mulchman, is actually working on that mod. Looks interesting but I don't care to upgrade my PC anymore. I've gotten used to playing without mouse and keyboard so I'm going to lean towards the more affordable 360 version.

Sure, TFC had some flaws...but more glitching and poor strategies, imo: wall hacks, bunny hopping, turtling. But all that stuff you mentioned made the game a fast paced, very dynamic type of game and if teamworked failed, more than likely, you'd lose. Things turned around fairly quick during a good match.

As for the "TFC diehards"...yeah, I agree, TF2 is probably going to cater to the mainstream FPS gamer. But just like I don't intend to invest a lot of money into my PC, I don't see myself becoming a "diehard" for this game. I guess it'll be good enough to satisfy my online cravings once in a while.

tribalman
11-22-2007, 07:02 AM
did anybody get the map made by bethesda? it's pretty cool. it looks daunting the first time you play it, but give it time and you will figure it out. a few of the steps require some extreme luck, either in a lucky bounce or portal placement in a triple jump.

http://www.twhl.co.za/mapvault_map.php?id=4842

senghing27
11-22-2007, 05:29 PM
POOOOOOOORTAAAAALLLLL!

I think TFC is a bit cozzier than the newer one.

I last for about 3 mins as Heavy and then die.

thecavemankevin
11-24-2007, 10:47 PM
if anyone wants to join up, thecavemankevin is my handle on tf2