PDA

View Full Version : Ricochet 2K performance vs. Intellafeed

markhauguel
01-11-2002, 10:44 AM
Does anyone have any experience with a Ricochet loader. Do they work well. I am thinking of one instead of the wire from the grip to the loader. It is supposed to turn about 2 seconds per ball so it might be turning most of the time indoors. They are about 10 bucks more than a revy now and 50 less than the cheapest halo. My revy has a sweet spot of about 100 balls, too many or too few and it misfeeds in rapid fire. I have a booh-yaah and don't know how to wire it to spin with the trigger. Any input will be appreciated.

2000Sabre
01-11-2002, 03:48 PM
I am currently using a Richochet 2K on my RT Pro. I've tried the VL eVolution and 12V Revy and neither worked as well as the Richochet. Since the Richochet spins every two seconds instead of only when it jams like a Revy, there's no real need to run it with an intellifeed setup. I use my Richochet with my Warp without it and again have no problems. Also, I don't think the shape does much to deflect hopper hits but in my opinion it's worth buying one and don't worry about the intellifeed.

mac2k4
01-11-2002, 08:25 PM
i used my icochett and it worke fine, but inside the neck of the ric. theres a micro switch so when the ball goes through down it presses the switch and it activates it

plus its a lil' stronger, the lil' rev bodies break alot from gettin crushed and all....

X-Plosive
01-11-2002, 09:26 PM
I did a thread on this before I think. My rico just arrived today and I will see how fast it feeds. If anyone else is going to test their rico remember not to just hold it up in the air and to actually let the balls run through your gun. The ricochest feeds about 2 bps when held up off of the gun. I did another thread on the speed my 12v intellifeed fees. There are some statistics on there. All I can remember is out of 6 trials it fed about 14 bps. Do a search for it:). The only experience I have had so far is calibrating the sensor using 50 balls and after it feeds the first ball it is a constant stream, I wouldn't be surprised if it is over 12.

[NA]WARLORD
01-12-2002, 12:05 AM
Here check this out:http://www.warpig.com/paintball/technical/loaders/lineup/index.shtml

Dealaman
01-12-2002, 11:49 PM
I believe you can hook intellifeed up to Ricochets so why compare the two?

markhauguel
01-13-2002, 07:07 AM
Thanks a lot for all the comments. It looks like they have fixed the early problems I read in reviews. I did get intelafeed to work with a booh-yaah grip but it took some thinking. It still seems not quite right. If I get it to work reliably I will post what I did. Thanks again.

Dealaman
01-13-2002, 09:35 PM
Well when you have your frame on bursts or auto, you only pull the trigger once per 3-6 shots, which means the hopper turns once per 3-6 shots.

SoupRman
01-13-2002, 10:19 PM
note: the hopper does spin when the trigger is pulled but the "eye" still works so it will still spin.

PsychoMag
01-14-2002, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by Dealaman
I believe you can hook intellifeed up to Ricochets so why compare the two?
you dont need to intellifeed a ricochet. As soon as a ball drops, the mechanical senssor spins the rico for 2 sec. I use two ricochets, and most everyone on my team has them...I would reccomend one over any revvie or other loader

Sgt. York
01-14-2002, 04:44 PM
I've had a richochet on my mag for about a year now. picked one up when they first came out. Yea they spin when a ball pases the switch, but I have had times when the balls jamb up above the neck, where the switch is located. I just picked up an intelliframe with the blade trigger. I saw the posts about hooking up the intellifeed. The only problem was the directions where all for hooking up revys to the frame. I picked up the parts at Radio Shack. I had to take the switch out of the richochet completly. Now the paddles turn every time I pull the trigger. The results was fantastic. I had a benchy on the gun before, with a trigger stop. The gun now shoots twice as fast. Definitly worth the money and effort. By the way, the richochet only holds about 170 paintballs, not 200 like the revy. Your hopper has to be almost empty before you can put a full guppy in.

PyRo
01-14-2002, 05:03 PM
Ricochet basically is the same thing as an intellifeed. I believe the way it works is every time a ball moves in the neck it turns itself on.
This allows it to prevent jams, where the rev turns on after the jam exists, and tries to fix it.
Anyone know differant?

Sgt. York
01-14-2002, 08:32 PM
If a ball doesn't go into the neck of the richochet, the paddles won't move to correct the clog. Intellifeed turns the paddle every time you pull the trigger. It doesn't take a ball moving through the neck of the hopper to trigger the agitator.

X-Plosive
01-14-2002, 08:53 PM
it would be easy to hook up an intellifeed to a ricochet but I ahven't seen ot jam yet. Sgt York, which version do you have? The later models have a different LCD, quiter gears, and different paddles.

PyRo
01-14-2002, 08:59 PM
Well, as long as the first few balls make it into the neck there shouldn't be any more feeding problems from there.

PsychoMag
01-15-2002, 08:04 AM
I have more than 1 ricochet and they are awesome. I even had a dead battery and they dont jamb like revvies do. the "paddles" of the ricochet dont block the feed neck therefore there are no jambs and it turns into a gravity feed.

Sgt. I have never heard of one "jamb" maybe you have an old design...

Sgt. York
01-15-2002, 03:08 PM
beleive me, it doesn't jamb often. Maybe a couple of times total. Its happened when the hopper is completly full. If I don't let the hopper run till its almost completly empty, a full guppy is too much. my problem comes from trying to get the last couple of paintballs into the hopper instead of leaving them in the guppy to break, or dumping them on the ground. But when you are in the middle of a game, you don't have alot of time to figure weather the whole guppy will fit. I know, you are going to say, "why don't you use the ball counter?" Again, when I'm in the middle of a fire fight, I've got other things on my mind. So, I forget to hit the reset. Im sure its the original version. The gears are loud.

drx975
01-23-2002, 08:49 PM
By the way, the richochet only holds about 170 paintballs, not 200 like the revy. Your hopper has to be almost empty before you can put a full guppy in.

Actually, both hold 185 paintballs. They call it a standard 200 round hopper sometimes probably because it holds close to 200 (go to ricochet2k.com and go to the FAQ). Anyway, PsychoMag, are you Donnie/captain of the archangles? I remember playing with you guys right before you became sponsered and all that crap. Too bad I live in PA, over an hour away from roughneck now. Maybe I'll see you again later, in a tourney....that would be interesting. And hey, if you have more than one ricochet, I'll be glad to snatch one off of your hands, just let me know if you don't need it hehe.

justinellery
01-23-2002, 09:30 PM
I just got the xboard in my 12v. Man there is a difference. I haven't used the intellifeed but I don't see how it can get much better. It spins after every shot b/c the small gap in between balls is enough to spin it just slightly. If you are rapid firing it will just continuously spin.

Sgt. York
01-24-2002, 03:56 PM
I didn't believe the ricochet web site when I saw that the revy and ricochet2k held the same amount of paint. So, I got my old revy out and filled it with paint. Sure enough, when I pour it into the ricochet, it held all the balls. I counted them. 182. Who would have known. I've used both for about a year each. I would have bet a pay check the revy held more.