PDA

View Full Version : Automag Classic w/ SP Freak?

Cobra427
09-30-2007, 03:10 PM
I didn't know where else to put this so I figured I'd ask here. I've got an offer of an Automag Classic with a SP Freak (along with other guns) for my Ripper 3 and my question is: how hard is it to find the twist lock Freak barrels? What is the going rate on these? I'm trying to gauge whether or not it's a decent deal and this Automag is the deciding factor. Thanks in advance.

georgeyew
09-30-2007, 05:47 PM
The twist lock Freak barrels are pretty rare. Check the BST forum and you can see the going rates on them. I remember seeing a few on there.

MichaelMcKen
09-30-2007, 07:34 PM
I see one on eBay once in awhile as well.. Bidding can get intense sometimes on older / out of production parts.

maniacmechanic
09-30-2007, 08:30 PM
the Classis is worth anywhere from 120 to 200 depending , now are you refering to a freak BACK to fit twist locks ? L/R freak backs go for about 40 /45 center feed's are hard to find IIRC

blake20
10-02-2007, 11:28 AM
I tried to find a center feed twist lock freak back and had no luck. They are pretty rare as far as I know. I did machine a notch in mine to work as center feed and it works perfectly, but it ruins the left powerfeed notch. As for a left or right twistlock freak back I didn't have a problem finding one.

MoeMag
10-02-2007, 11:32 AM
I got my twist lock freak back with a 14 inch tip for $10. :D
It was like 2 years ago and the guy needed money for lunch...and he didnt have an automag.

Stayhuge
10-02-2007, 11:49 AM
I have seen them going for 40-50 for the back, but that may have been center feed. However, since they are out of production, they will only go up. Probably worth it to acquire. I would value at $40 in a trade. Good Luck

Jaan
10-03-2007, 10:00 PM
I got mine at my local paintball store this year. I had heard that Smart Parts still had a few sitting on a shelf in a warehouse, so when I asked about getting one the owner pulled out a dusty one from behind the counter. They're still out there new old stock.