PDA

View Full Version : mechanical 20plus bps

jbg00d
09-30-2007, 11:31 PM
We have this guy in our paintball group that's running a mechanical rt minimag with 1200psi into the valve. I don't know if he's using the ule trigger, but this gun spitt's like 20 plus bps!

how is this accomplished?

Does the high pressure and the ule trigger(if that is what he has), with the right amount of trigger pull pressure make this happen?

Here's what I'm doing. I'm building a mechanical speedball marker using a Y grip, X valve, ule trigger kit, ule mainbody and an adjustable regulator.

What can I expect from this setup? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

mr doo doo
09-30-2007, 11:39 PM
yea, its the 1200 psi that is getting your friend to shoot hella fast. my mag with x-valve WITHOUT ULT can go around 15 when my tank is full (850 psi) output.

questionful
09-30-2007, 11:43 PM
We have this guy in our paintball group that's running a mechanical rt minimag with 1200psi into the valve. I don't know if he's using the ule trigger, but this gun spitt's like 20 plus bps!

how is this accomplished?

Does the high pressure and the ule trigger(if that is what he has), with the right amount of trigger pull pressure make this happen?

Here's what I'm doing. I'm building a mechanical speedball marker using a Y grip, X valve, ule trigger kit, ule mainbody and an adjustable regulator.

What can I expect from this setup? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Mags can get over 30BPS. Well over 30. I've heard 36 was the highest anyone's gotten? Anyway, the ULE trigger (aka ULT) doesn't have much to do with ROF. All non-classic mags come stock (the mechanism is built into the valve) with what's called a reactive trigger, it pushes your finger back when you pull it. Check out the zdspb animations to see how the valve does it, it's pretty genious. Anyway, the ULT lightens the trigger pull, and is supposed to get rid of the RT (though you can tune it to get around that).

With all non-classic valves, higher pressure increases reactivity.

What you can expect from that set-up is exactly what you can expect from any other RTvalve'd mag with a ULT.

hmudd13
10-01-2007, 06:04 AM
I recently checked one of my RT's rate of fire. I was surprised to see the 26 bps show up. :clap: That's with 1100 psi input.
I have another that'll do 19 with a preset 850 psi tank. YUMMY!

bad64chevelle
10-06-2007, 11:39 AM
My RT has gotten 16-17 the past few times Ive played, I keep messing with things but right now I have amazing accuracy, pretty decent air effiency , and im shooting 280 +/- 3 all day. My buddy has an adjustable nitroduck tank Im going to mess with and see if I can boost the bps some. Right now im running a tank with an 850 preset.

Danterwhoo
10-08-2007, 12:23 PM
Ok... Question. SO I have the ULT on with a 1025psi tank and I get a decent burst of paint when I make it respond. If I put on the NON-ULT (the original one) mechanism it will have a higher BPS when it does the response??

jbg00d
10-09-2007, 07:09 PM
that's what I'm told. I almost bought into the ULT, but the guys here said don't do it if you're looking of a high response rate.

Ok... Question. SO I have the ULT on with a 1025psi tank and I get a decent burst of paint when I make it respond. If I put on the NON-ULT (the original one) mechanism it will have a higher BPS when it does the response??

jbg00d
10-09-2007, 07:12 PM
that's what I'm told. I almost bought into the ULT, but the guys here said don't do it if you're looking of a high response rate.

it takes more psi to push the ULT back than it does the regular RT trigger.

I would like to know if it makes any difference wheather if you use the quad o-ring and short pin over the stock semi auto pin setup?

RangerX
10-09-2007, 08:00 PM
the quad o-ring is only used in the e-mag on/off assemblies

http://members.shaw.ca/chris.hung/Valve1.jpg

ULT on/off on the left, Regular x-valve on/off on the right. The regular one will have a 2 white o-rings at the top of the pin

jbg00d
10-09-2007, 11:26 PM
My question was, will the emag setup work better with a wildly bouncing trigger?

the quad o-ring is only used in the e-mag on/off assemblies

http://members.shaw.ca/chris.hung/Valve1.jpg

ULT on/off on the left, Regular x-valve on/off on the right. The regular one will have a 2 white o-rings at the top of the pin

athomas
10-10-2007, 01:54 PM
Yes, an emag on-off setup will result in a more reactive trigger.

jbg00d
10-10-2007, 11:13 PM
That's what I thought would be the result do to it's shorter length, right?

Yes, an emag on-off setup will result in a more reactive trigger.

Rudz
10-11-2007, 12:36 AM
i have a shaved on/off pin in my emag and i can get 26 on an ajustbale tank at about 1100, 1200 psi, on a preset tank, thats been highly shimmed, i can get 23. 24, very reliably, in mech, with no batteries, and no i dont play like that, i cap my markers at 15, in electro

athomas
10-11-2007, 06:23 AM
That's what I thought would be the result do to it's shorter length, right?Yes. The shorter pin length means the trigger doesn't have to move as far back and forth to fire and and then allow a reset of the valve. There is a fine line between maximum effectiveness and too short. Once you cross the line, you risk chipping your bolt lip and wearing your sear tip because the sear doesn't hold the bolt with enough metal to metal contact.

Danterwhoo
10-14-2007, 05:11 PM
Why is it that I can get my ULT ON/OFF to bounce like crazy and the regular ON/OFF (that is suppose to bounce) won't bounce at all?? Has anyone else have this happen? Do I need to wait more time to break it in? (It is fairly new)

Also, I am pretty new with Macroline also but I installed it on the mag(got it from the macroline guy). But when air is pushed through the tubes, they bend quite a bit are they suppose to do that?? But they don't leak. Also last week one of the lines blew a hole in the line does that happen often??

athomas
10-14-2007, 07:59 PM
Also, I am pretty new with Macroline also but I installed it on the mag(got it from the macroline guy). But when air is pushed through the tubes, they bend quite a bit are they suppose to do that?? But they don't leak. Also last week one of the lines blew a hole in the line does that happen often??Macro line that can withstand high pressures is usually pretty stiff. It shouldn't distort. If it does, it is probably a lower pressure line. The fact that a hole blew in it indicates that as well. Good macro line should last a long time without any distortion.