PDA

View Full Version : tank trade in

Tim Jacobitz
01-11-2002, 11:42 AM
lots of us wanted to trade in our old valves to get retro valves, so AGD offer the valve exchange policy. What about thouse of us who want to trade in our 68ci/3000psi flatline tanks for the new 68ci/4500psi fatline tanks. I think the deal sounds prety good. What do you think?

cphilip
01-11-2002, 11:48 AM
Don't hold your breath.

A tank is a consumable item with a limited life span to some extent. At least the tank part is. A Valve itself is forever...outside of a new set of O rings.

As before with the "GO Retro" program, even if you see a trade in deal offered, you would probably be best off to sell your old tank and buy a new one. You will get more out of the deal that way. I mean lets face it all they could rebuild and use would be the regulator. And they do need to make a profit don't they?

PigSweat
01-11-2002, 12:53 PM
How about a program to replace the reg on your existing tank?

I know I have a 68/3000 preset PMI that I'd love to turn into a 68/3000 Flatline. I'm sure Tom has old 3000psi Flatline regs laying around, it'd be a good way to clear up old stock, like with the ReTro program

cphilip
01-11-2002, 01:04 PM
I would not be surprise if they didn't have some Regs to sell. But they would not be a normal catalog item. Contact them directly and ask. You could always email Marcia about it and see. office@airguns.com

PigSweat
01-11-2002, 01:42 PM
Do you think they'd install them, cphilip? I wouldn't trust myself enough to do it.

cphilip
01-11-2002, 01:49 PM
No... I doubt it. I do not think they have DOT certified Hydro testing lab installed at their plant. I assume (hopefully correctly) that they farm out the construction of the regs and tanks to an outside contractor who does. I believe they just design them (maybe machine some prototypes even) and then have them built to their specs. But I could be wrong. And you could get a qualified Air smith to do the same thing you want to do. I am sure someone will pop up eventually and recommend one. And, of course, correct me if I am wrong...:rolleyes:

But do not try and do this yourself. It will need to be hydro'd after its done and the neck of the bottle checked for cracks (probably hydrofluxed) before installing. You need a good airsmith to do this. See why so few want to do this? Or buy a hybrid bottle set up made directly from a tank Company?

Dragoon
01-11-2002, 03:42 PM
Wow!

I didn't know that. I've changed a tank valve before. I would assume this goes for CO2 tanks as well?!

Hmmm... cphilip, what else do you know about this.

Douglas

Dragoon
01-11-2002, 03:46 PM
Tim,
This what your looking for

http://www.airgun.com/Europe/AirgunShop/shopimages/Flatline.jpg

Found it on the AGD Europe site.

Xzion
01-11-2002, 05:36 PM
I can answer a few of these questions, at least partially hehe... well, during the AGD Supertour, they did have lots of Flatline 3000 PSI regs laying around, almost literally :D and if I'm not mistaken, they do install the regs in house and specifically torque the regs on. though the real question would be, would they install one on your tank if you sent it in, and would the regs actually fit on your tank.