PDA

View Full Version : Tac One with E-Mag Valve?

ksabubba
10-01-2007, 07:52 AM
Recently bought a Tac One online (used). I didn't notice at the time but now do, that this Tac one ULE with LV10, has an e-Mag valve (exposed end piece) instead of the x-valve, is that normal?

Also can a ult be added to this set-up and if not is there a way to adjust the normal trigger settings......old and confused now.lol.

thanks
ksabubba

mostpeople
10-01-2007, 08:48 AM
this is precisely the issue I have with calling every mag with a tac-one mainbody a 'tac one'

because a 'tac one' is just that, a mainbody, nothing else.

You bought an automag, with an E-mag valve, and a tac one mainbody. Did the origional seller try to rip you off? Cant be sure, obviously, if he showed pics then he cant be responsible, (or if he posted specs including valve type etc..). Ive seen both scenarios happen, people getting ripped off - and people simply selling mags with tac-one bodies. IMHO if the seller said, AGD tac one marker - then you got ripped. But thats my opinion.

So to answer your question you have to define what normal is, if you go by the norm for the expression 'tac one' which is the AGD stock tac one, then no its not normal and should have an x-valve. Can you put an ULT into the e-mag valve? Im 99% sure you can.

ksabubba
10-01-2007, 09:14 AM
Thank you Mostpeople

That was my thoughts on it, that maybe I had been a bit taken advantage of. I do admit I am a newbie to AGD markers. My lesson learned..the hard way again..lol.

ksabubba

Piranti
10-01-2007, 10:34 AM
Yes you can put a ULT into the E-Mag valve. And other than Material it is identical in function to an X-Valve. X-valves are primarily Aluminium, and E-Mag Valves are Stainless Steel.

Spider-TW
10-01-2007, 01:16 PM
The E-mag valve only weighs a little more and may not look as pretty as an x-valve, but that is not much of a loss. The AGD Tac ones have an intelliframe and a ULE rail (instead of the classic rail). If you have those, and didn't pay closer to new marker price, I wouldn't think you did too bad. As you noticed, you can only tell which valve you have from the right side anyway.

It should perform practically the same. I think the stainless valves are slightly more reactive. I think it is from the heat transfer of stainless over aluminum. (I read on airgun.com that didn't I?)

-edit-

doh! old and feeble...the material thing is unfounded. The difference 'theoretically' would be from a slight difference in internal milling, as Tom says... (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?p=1527814#post1527814)

MeŠiCX
10-02-2007, 10:17 PM
this is precisely the issue I have with calling every mag with a tac-one mainbody a 'tac one'

because a 'tac one' is just that, a mainbody, nothing else.

You bought an automag, with an E-mag valve, and a tac one mainbody. Did the origional seller try to rip you off? Cant be sure, obviously, if he showed pics then he cant be responsible, (or if he posted specs including valve type etc..). Ive seen both scenarios happen, people getting ripped off - and people simply selling mags with tac-one bodies. IMHO if the seller said, AGD tac one marker - then you got ripped. But thats my opinion.

So to answer your question you have to define what normal is, if you go by the norm for the expression 'tac one' which is the AGD stock tac one, then no its not normal and should have an x-valve. Can you put an ULT into the e-mag valve? Im 99% sure you can.

You tell me if I ripped him off. Here is MY eBay auction (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=110164095961&ssPageName=STRK:MESO:IT&ih=001) he won. Not a Tac-One????? Why because it has a classic rail and emag valve? Alot of mags are identified by their bodies!

Spider-TW
10-03-2007, 08:59 AM
You tell me if I ripped him off. Here is MY eBay auction (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=110164095961&ssPageName=STRK:MESO:IT&ih=001) he won. Not a Tac-One????? Why because it has a classic rail and emag valve? Alot of mags are identified by their bodies!I would say you had a good description with accurate pictures. Considering the item title declares the emag valve, there's no deception involved. The rail is listed also. I read ebay listings frequently just for the entertainment, like the VERY RARE crown point barrels and CUSTOM paint jobs.

Since that marker can run just as well as a factory assembled Tac One anyway, I don't see a problem. I have to admit, I am partial to stainless valves.

phizz
10-03-2007, 10:00 AM
I personally dont see the problem with the listing. Everything is listed and has great pictures of the marker. Did you overpay? Well I wouldn't have paid that much, but thats just me.

mostpeople
10-03-2007, 01:12 PM
You tell me if I ripped him off. Here is MY eBay auction (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=110164095961&ssPageName=STRK:MESO:IT&ih=001) he won. Not a Tac-One????? Why because it has a classic rail and emag valve? Alot of mags are identified by their bodies!

Well you stated it right there that it has an E-mag valve in the title, so no you're off the hook dude. Im talking about the guy who says "AGD Stock Tac One FS" and shows 1 pic which conveniently doesnt show the classic valve, the benchmark frame whatever.. you get the idea.

I have seen other people who werent so honest medic, this was in no way an attack on you or your integrity.

NU_METAL
10-03-2007, 01:44 PM
it goes back to doin your homework first before you buy ( and i say this to myself @ the same time ) :nono: example ; i dont know how many times ive herd people say to me " is that an X mag " when some of us know damn well its just a ule'd RT w/ an x VALVE in it :rolleyes: honestly adg @ first is alot to take in like anything else once you start learning all the particulars about them you become more comfortable w/ em' and then fall in love W/ THE SEXY B**CHES :D ps great generaling u did last weekend ,glad u came out (mostpeople ) :clap: