PDA

View Full Version : Classic RT issues

bryceeden
10-01-2007, 08:12 PM
My classic RT is leaking bad out of the back below the valve, and the trigger. What could this be? Is it just a replace the O-rings on the screw or something else?

BigEvil
10-01-2007, 08:21 PM
My classic RT is leaking bad out of the back below the valve, and the trigger. What could this be? Is it just a replace the O-rings on the screw or something else?

Description is a little vague.. Im thinking most likely you need to replace the 3 orings on the banjo bolt.

If it is leaking out of almost directly over the trigger, you need to change the oring on the on/off body.

:cheers:

bryceeden
10-01-2007, 08:42 PM
Unfortunatly vague is all I'v got. Its leaking, it sounds like its from the banjo but I changed all the o-rings and I also changed the on/off O-ring and it still leaks.

BigEvil
10-01-2007, 08:46 PM
Unfortunatly vague is all I'v got. Its leaking, it sounds like its from the banjo but I changed all the o-rings and I also changed the on/off O-ring and it still leaks.

Does the leak change if you hold the trigger?

bryceeden
10-01-2007, 09:29 PM
No, it doesn't. It sounds like I kinda got screwed on this one as I got ahold of the guy I bought it from and his reply was really, when I aired it up it sounded like the leak was down the barrel and on/off, so I don't know whats wrong with it.

questionful
10-01-2007, 11:29 PM
There are four O-rings in your on/off, which one did you replace?

bryceeden
10-02-2007, 06:46 AM
just the big bottom one

bryceeden
10-05-2007, 06:37 PM
OK, I changed the orings and even tried a new banjo assembly, but it stll leaks between the rail and valve. Any ideas?

Tao
10-06-2007, 04:06 PM
The leak out the trigger will be a banjo bolt oring (trust me it happened to me). Most likely the middle one. Make sure that the banjo bolt orings are lining up properly with where they should be and not sticking out too far. Take the valve out and push the banjo in as far as it will go in the grip frame. If the middle oring comes out of the rail too much (or not enough) you have a problem.

bottom orning- bottom of rail
middle- top of rail
top- RT valve

My issues happened cause some moron drilled out my grip frame so the banjo bolt would screwed in deeper, which of course brought the orings out of allignment. :mad:

bryceeden
10-08-2007, 09:13 AM
How do you line them up? arn't they kind of stuck in the grooves?

Tao
10-08-2007, 08:47 PM
How do you line them up? arn't they kind of stuck in the grooves?

I mean line them up to the rail...they can go deeper in or out of the rail if someone messed with the gun. Basically like I said the bottom oring should line up on the bottom of the rail below the gass hole, the middle should line up at the top of the rail, and the top one should go into the valve enough to seal.

My problem had the screw go in too deep so the middle oring sat on top of the rail and didnt seal properly so the gas would leak out the top of the rail and escape by the on/off assembly.

Spider-TW
10-09-2007, 08:01 AM
I mean line them up to the rail...they can go deeper in or out of the rail if someone messed with the gun. Basically like I said the bottom oring should line up on the bottom of the rail below the gass hole, the middle should line up at the top of the rail, and the top one should go into the valve enough to seal.

My problem had the screw go in too deep so the middle oring sat on top of the rail and didnt seal properly so the gas would leak out the top of the rail and escape by the on/off assembly.

So what did you end up doing for that? Some washers or a new frame?

Bryceeden, two questions; how many orings do you have on the top of your on/off, and could it be leaking between the valve body and the regulator (is that big reg body oring ok)?

Tao
10-09-2007, 01:01 PM

Bryceeden, two questions; how many orings do you have on the top of your on/off, and could it be leaking between the valve body and the regulator (is that big reg body oring ok)?

I filled it in with some putty...yeah it was a very messy job and it flakes off. I would have used washers, but it was hard to find ones which had the proper inside AND outside diameter.

New frame wouldnt work well since its a z grip.

bryceeden
10-09-2007, 01:52 PM

The leak is definatly out of the rail and I think is caused by the gripstix trigger frame. I was able to ghetto rig it to some semblance of working order.