PDA

View Full Version : Drop Forward

DBC
10-02-2007, 06:21 AM
I have had my Tac-One for a year now, and I am thinking I want to put a drop forward on it. I really don’t know much about drop forwards and am hoping to get some information. E.g., a good brand, good price, how to know if it is compatible with my grip and my On/Off. About the only thing I know is that I want the color to match the black Tac-One body. I currently have an On/Off that screws right to the grip. Also, I guess I will need a longer macro-line.

Also, does anybody have any suggestions on where I can get what I need on-line? I would rather not have to drive across town and buy this stuff.

Thanks for the help.

t0nnn
10-02-2007, 06:27 AM
Macro: http://www.macrolineguy.com/

almost every paintball store online has drops, cradles, and asa's. You have to look around for the cheapest one or what ones having a sale. Check www.orderpaintball.com ..their prices are usually awesome and they have great sales.

Madmarx
10-02-2007, 06:31 AM
Have you looked around AO?
BST section?
Dealers section?
Look at what other people have on their mags?
I use a larger CP drop on mine but most people here seem to like little or no drop.

Stayhuge
10-02-2007, 11:14 AM
http://automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=220908 Look at item 53. There are like 10 different drops for the price of two, plus some other stuff. Most of those look like they will work for you. Might be the best way to find the right fit for you. I personally have had a wide variety during the years, and I mean years. I am now using a Smart Parts S-Rail, But I also only have a 45 ci tank. I love that, but everyone is different. The gorup of drops looks like there is a wide variety. Then just sell whatever you don't like individually for like $5 and you will probably make a profit. Just my 2 cents though. If I was looking for a drop and wasn't sure what felt comfortable, I would go for that. Good luck!!!

MoeMag
10-02-2007, 11:35 AM
Cp Ftw

DBC
10-02-2007, 02:42 PM
Thanks for the info guys.

DBC

Piranti
10-02-2007, 03:04 PM
CP drop forwards are nice and the dust black compliments the stock anno of a tac1 nicely, and for me at least with a 68/45 the 1.5inch drop and 2 or 3 inch forward was a very nice and balanced fit.

mr doo doo
10-02-2007, 05:09 PM
i used a spoon drop, and it was nice since it was just a plain looking drop, did its job, and loved the dust black finish. got it sitting here dusting ;)

at the moment, i am using one of the CP razor drops, and they are nice, sleek looking, and have a built in rail. But it wouldnt look nice on a tac-one since it doesnt really seem to fit the look, nor is it dust black. good luck!