PDA

View Full Version : Too Fast

dstud2000
10-02-2007, 07:03 PM
Well I took my RT ULE out for some paintballing over the weekend. I went to an indoor place as I woke up late and didn't have time to make it out to one of the outdoor parks. This was my first time using it at a field, other than just shooting around the back yard. Well I had 6 shims in my ULT and getting great results. The results were too good though. I felt bad cause I was letting off nice bursts and nearly always tagging guys out. The thing that was bothering me was that when I let off a burst of rapid fire, my opponent would nearly always take atleast 5 or 6 of those balls. Needless to say I just started feeling bad, like I was cheating. So when I got home I dropped it down to 3 shims in the ULT. I am really impressed with the gun, it definitely is top notch.

Sorry if that seemed kind of jumbled, but I was pretty amazed with the results. With just 3 shims in I feel more comfortable now. I might try 6 shims again down the road at a scenario or big game. For I think I got the mag dialed in right where I want it now. I just got to keep shooting it so it breaks in really good.

EclipseClassic
10-02-2007, 07:08 PM
Well if your mag was own'n it up, why would you change it????? Hello!!!!!! Leave that bad boy alone!

rawbutter
10-02-2007, 07:13 PM
Those guys who were taking 5 or 6 balls...? They just need to learn how to hide themselves better. :shooting:

Chris_automag_07
10-02-2007, 07:13 PM
that would be because you pretty much were cheating. not to make you look bad, but thats a lot "o" shims! :shooting:

mr doo doo
10-02-2007, 07:38 PM
i know what you mean dstud. 5-6 balls from your situation = ok. 5-6 balls from people doing it on purpose = :mad: . but otherwise, its all good man. keep it up!

Mongoose
10-02-2007, 07:39 PM
i know what you mean dstud. 5-6 balls from your situation = ok. 5-6 balls from people doing it on purpose = :mad: . but otherwise, its all good man. keep it up!

If they allow psp ramping then they also allow bounce up to a certain bps.

Geronimo7
10-02-2007, 07:47 PM
that would be because you pretty much were cheating. not to make you look bad, but thats a lot "o" shims! :shooting:

how is using shims in a ult cheating? that is what you are supposed to do, put in as many as your valve/body will allow without going full auto. right

I say stick with 6 if it works for ya :cheers: I could only get like 4 in mine before the valve wouldn't go back in the body.

SR_matt
10-02-2007, 08:02 PM
can you shoot 1 ball at a time?

if yes that dont change it

-matt

Mayzons
10-02-2007, 08:03 PM
how is using shims in a ult cheating? that is what you are supposed to do, put in as many as your valve/body will allow without going full auto. right

I say stick with 6 if it works for ya :cheers: I could only get like 4 in mine before the valve wouldn't go back in the body.
It's not like he was doing it on purpose but if it is not one shot per trigger pull then technically it's cheating

Papa_Smurf
10-02-2007, 08:10 PM
It's not like he was doing it on purpose but if it is not one shot per trigger pull then technically it's cheating

It comes down to your definition of trigger pull. The skin and meat on the finger compressing and exerting force back to the trigger? Maybe.

SR_matt
10-02-2007, 08:20 PM
i think when you get down to mech guns you have to look at if it is controllable to the point that the person can shot 1 ball and that the gun will stop when the person stops

-matt

Mayzons
10-02-2007, 08:31 PM
i think when you get down to mech guns you have to look at if it is controllable to the point that the person can shot 1 ball and that the gun will stop when the person stops

-matt
Very true,I have 6 shims in my ult and I can control the rate of fire. 1 pull one shot or sweet spot it and it will let loose a full hopper darn near. I just try and make sure to make full pulls to obtain single shots

dstud2000
10-02-2007, 08:47 PM
I can do 1 shot 1 pull no problem on 6, heck I can with 9 shims too...which was totally awesome shooting it over the chrono and it reading 20 bps :dance: . I put it down to 6 and thought that was good....I think since it is such an easy swap I will just change it depending on the type of game or event I am going too. Normal recball, 3 shims and so on.

The indoor place I go to they allow 20 bps ramping on the airball field and on the barrel field it is 15 ramping, Semi is uncapped.

SR_matt
10-02-2007, 08:53 PM
i had expected to do that kind of thing with my mag but i ended up just finding a good setup and leving it at that all the time. then again i also had a hard time getting it exactly where i wanted it (i ended up bending a shim so when it got put into the stack it compressed but added enough room to give me what i wanted that the extra shim over did (made it not work correctly going to the next full shim)

-matt

maniacmechanic
10-03-2007, 07:24 PM
you can get 9 shims in your on/off & still get your valve in the body ?

coyote
10-03-2007, 09:33 PM
Step back from the "cheating" subject for a moment...

You were overshooting.

You are responsible for every ball you put in the air. Your post reads like you were not in control of all of your paint. You later post you can do 1 shot per pull but your eliminations all had more paint on the than that (as you yourself describe them).

BTW no field insurance allows for ramping, enhanced fire modes, or full auto. If your local field has an incident where their insurance company (assuming they have one) is contacted and it is brought up that they allow such things they will find themselves in legal trouble with their insurer.

I'm glad you decided to tone it down.

SR_matt
10-03-2007, 10:45 PM
by to days ROF's its borderline over shooting, personaly i think it is over shooting a decent amount but when the big leagues say 13 balls is when it becomes over shooting when 3 years before they had 3 as the limit you know something is up

-matt

coyote
10-04-2007, 12:37 AM
The "big leagues" are irrelevant to rec ball.

The BPS rules in the NPPL and PSP exist because of the the rampant cheating with software. It has zero to do with commercial fields other than making them harder to police properly.

My home field has great refs. I have seen players pulled often for ramping after they were told to properly set up their gun. Mech bounce (which is what RT is) falls in the same category as ramping. Those who misuse it give those they play against incentive to overshoot back at them.

Thats when the game falls apart and people start acting like knuckleheads.

Dstud2000 decided he needed to dial it down. Props to him for that.

dstud2000
10-04-2007, 04:52 PM
you can get 9 shims in your on/off & still get your valve in the body ?

Yes I can get 9 shims in there, it is just a little tight though. 8 shims slides in and out perfectly.

Coyote, your right each shot fired by my gun is my own, since I am the own who sent them down field. As for the field I play at they have been allowing ramping with electros since they opened a year ago. As to the overshooting comment, I will have to disagree and agree, my reasoning is right off the whistle I would send a string to cover a lane. Could I have done it with less paint yes (my reason for feeling bad and that the gun was too fast). Even shooting less paint, the way I was covering my lane right off the whistle the opposing team would have to run through a string of paint to make it to that bunker. Which covering lanes of fire and moevement with high rof is what I see as the norm in speedball (my disagreement by the way).

I'm not trying to start an arguemnt with my comments Coyote, just explaining my point of view

I mainly play stockclass pump, so shooting that fast was fun at first, but my roots kicked in and got me back to the game ;) .

coyote
10-04-2007, 10:05 PM
No argument bro...

I will agree that there are times on the break a player just finds a rope of paint to eat.

I'm a pump guy too, so I hold folks to a high standard.

tech-chan
10-05-2007, 12:48 PM
Can someone send me 4 or 5 shims out of the goodness of thier heart? I just bought a ult from a local shop and it turns out they took all the shims out of it! Thanks in advance AO!

rkjunior303
10-05-2007, 12:59 PM
sweetspotting is considered runaway and is not legal.

and shoot them until they walk off the field.

SR_matt
10-05-2007, 01:01 PM
^^ runaway is uncontrollable , sweetspoting is controllable. runaway doesnt stop when you take your finger off while sweetspotting does.
-matt

craltal
10-05-2007, 01:11 PM
Can someone send me 4 or 5 shims out of the goodness of thier heart? I just bought a ult from a local shop and it turns out they took all the shims out of it! Thanks in advance AO!

I'd take it back and get a refund since it's not a complete kit

tech-chan
10-05-2007, 01:44 PM
I got it for 5 bucks, i'm not taking it back. The guy did'nt know what he had.

dstud2000
10-05-2007, 09:53 PM
level 10 shims work, they are twice the thickness of the ULT shims though. so if you use level 10 shims multiply by 2 when counting how many you use. ;)