PDA

View Full Version : I cant find anyone that can get my flatline reg off the tank for hydro....

Chris_automag_07
10-02-2007, 08:40 PM
like stated above...no one has been able to hydro my tank b/c of the reg, they can't ever seem to be able to get it off. i miss it so much, any suggestions would be great. thanks -chris

Dewok82
10-02-2007, 08:43 PM
http://www.hydrotester.com/

They will remove your reg for $5 (in addition to shipping and hydro fees). I've used them several times without any problems. The prices are reasonable and their turnaround time is fantastic.

Madmarx
10-03-2007, 06:02 AM
I removed my flatline myself (because I sold it).
Strap wrench and a padded vice and tada!

doc_Zox
10-03-2007, 09:30 AM
it takes about 20 pounds more force than you are willing to engauge

Chris_automag_07
10-04-2007, 08:10 PM
it takes about 20 pounds more force than you are willing to engauge

what do you mean?

ThePixelGuru
10-05-2007, 02:51 AM
what do you mean?
I think he means "twist it until you're sure it's going to break if you twist it any harder, then go ahead and twist it harder."

I've actually gotten a lot of things apart that way. Still, then you have to get it back on. Just have Hydrotester do it for you, easier and safer.

robnix
10-05-2007, 08:12 AM
http://www.hydrotester.com/

They will remove your reg for $5 (in addition to shipping and hydro fees). I've used them several times without any problems. The prices are reasonable and their turnaround time is fantastic.

I've had them swap regulators. Fast and reasonable, I always use them now.

chairman_mao
10-05-2007, 10:17 AM
Tunaman will remove and install the reg. As I understand it there is a special tool (which I have seen :ninja: ) that ensures proper torque and seating without the worry of damaging the reg. You could use the other suggestions but I reccommend shooting Tuna an email. :clap:

NU_METAL
10-10-2007, 05:19 PM
Tunaman will remove and install the reg. As I understand it there is a special tool (which I have seen :ninja: ) that ensures proper torque and seating without the worry of damaging the reg. You could use the other suggestions but I reccommend shooting Tuna an email. :clap:
i agree ive fought a few stubborn reg/bottles in the past and found that every one that gave me trouble (in a padded vise) has had lock tight on the threads .what ever you decide to do ,DONT USE IT ,theres no need when you use the "o" ring .it not gunna spin off and/or leak w/out the stuff on it :shooting:

PBChappy
10-10-2007, 08:26 PM
my 4500 flatline i just let all the air out and i can remove it with my hand

maniacmechanic
10-11-2007, 05:31 PM
my 4500 flatline i just let all the air out and i can remove it with my hand

thats the way it's supposed to work