PDA

View Full Version : Top Mounted Hopper on Power feed

stormdancer88
01-11-2002, 01:27 PM
Hey guys, I have a query for you all.

I have an Emag that came with a warp feed. I decided, for various reasons, to take the warp feed off.

I put the powerfeed plug on the bottom of the breach where the old feed hose went. I then got an elbow (that I screw down tightly), took my dremel and edged off a small sickle moon so it would fit nicely on the frame/power feed. I put it on, screwed it down and stuck the hopper on it. It seems to work fine except, I think/feel like I am breaking paint more often.

Before I get all the helpful paint breaking info; I do have the powerfeed plug properly seated. The loader is a Viewloader dual 9v and should be able to keep up with the speed. The barrel(s) are clean and free from obvious defects. I change out my barrel depending on what paint/barrel match works for the day's ball size. The paint breaks in the barrel/valve area usually.

I was curious if just top mounting the hopper that way could cause this? Is the only solution for that to get a vertical feed main body? Also, I noticed that the 'spiking' of Compressed Air seems a bit large lately. If I pull off 3 rounds in succession, I can watch my output pressure dial on my flatline regulator drop from 800 -> 600 -> 450ish shot from shot. Then go back up to the 800 output as soon as I stop firing.

Between the breaking paint and poor accuracy due to spiking I am bit discouraged with my Emag of late. Any helpful suggestions are certainly welcomed.

TheBigRaguPB4L
01-11-2002, 09:58 PM
is it a warp feed body? if it is, i'm sure that's your problem. maybe the velocity's to high? one of those bolts that are to long?