PDA

View Full Version : Getting back in the game

Clayman
10-03-2007, 01:27 PM
Hey guys, I am getting back into the game after a long break. I had an old spyder that I had customized a little bit (bolt, barrel, trigger, expansion chamber, remote line, etc) but always loved mini mags. Now that I am getting back into it several years later and have a bigger budget I am looking at getting a new marker. I noticed the last time I played that none of the markers look the same as they used to (even the rental tipmans looked different) but I see that mini mags, at least style wise, haven't changed a bit. Are they still competitive on the field or should I be looking at something else? Oh and if you do point me to something else know that I really dislike markers that rely on electronics (borrowed a buddies Evil and got my butt handed to me when the battery died).

Thanks for any help.

Ruler_Mark
10-03-2007, 01:36 PM
I think a pnuemag would be perfect for you.. It's apnuematically assisted trigger system. Fast as an electro but all mechnical. Mag's IMO are only used less in the pro stuff because of marketing and sponsership. Mag's have always been the most consistant. If you liked a mag before stick with it.

reflective
10-03-2007, 01:50 PM
The minimag is the same old beast it ever was. I got mine almost two years ago, and with co2 or hpa it runs perfect. I play mostly woods and scenario, but whether in the wood, or on a hyperball field I have no problems holding my own.
If you have always loved mags and can finally afford one........... IMHO get it, you'll be very happy. But of course you'll find yourself "needing" another mag, and another, and so on. :ninja:

GroovYChickeN 2.o
10-03-2007, 02:06 PM
You might want to look at all the newer mag stuff. ULE bodies and rails, and the x valve have cut the weight of the markers down by a whole bunch. Also there are some semi custom bodies and trigger frames out there that can really turn heads at the field. Also, like Ruler_Mark said, you should look into a Pnuemag conversion. It will shorten and lighten the pull of the trigger allowing for a much higher BPS. Also, there is the ULT kit for the newer valves that will have a similar effect and will cost a little less. Go check out the BST section here on AO. There are always different mags up for sale there.