PDA

View Full Version : Blackle.com

Papa_Smurf
10-03-2007, 08:49 PM
You guys heard of it? It's powered by google, but is a black web page, takes less energy to display a black screen. Very cool idea. On the homepage it displays how much energy has been saved so far.

Take small steps everyday to save the planet!
Check it out.

www.blackle.com

devildog
10-03-2007, 09:16 PM
stupidest thing ever, you damn hippie. get a hair cut and take a shower

maxama10
10-03-2007, 10:56 PM
They ought to just make google black...

Hexis
10-03-2007, 11:22 PM
It saves energy if you are using a CRT. If you* are still using a CRT you are doing your best to murder the environment, get an LCD monitor instead.

*the royal you, not the specific anyone.

For some real info: http://ecoiron.blogspot.com/2007/08/history-in-january-2007-mark-ontkush.html

Army
10-04-2007, 12:13 AM
Once again I must ask: What is so bad about palm trees in Anchorage? It certainly beats a glacier in Des Moines.

SCpoloRicker
10-04-2007, 01:57 AM
Once again I must ask: What is so bad about palm trees in Anchorage? It certainly beats a glacier in Des Moines.

It requires sandbox maintenance?

/just saying
//public trans 3+ yrs

Papa_Smurf
10-04-2007, 07:13 AM

loving the insight here.

Papa_Smurf
10-04-2007, 07:14 AM
It saves energy if you are using a CRT. If you* are still using a CRT you are doing your best to murder the environment, get an LCD monitor instead.

*the royal you, not the specific anyone.

For some real info: http://ecoiron.blogspot.com/2007/08/history-in-january-2007-mark-ontkush.html

So it doesn't hurt anything no matter what the color if you have an LCD?

Hexis
10-04-2007, 07:19 AM
So it doesn't hurt anything no matter what the color if you have an LCD?

Black actually costs a tiny bit more in an LCD, but not enough to be measurable on the vast majority of LCD models.

93civiccpe
10-04-2007, 08:01 AM

It's not really the palm trees you have to worry about.. it's all those glaciers melting.. and the water levels rising... and flooding the existing land.. I mean we could lose the east and west coasts... what would we do without California or Massachussettes.... uhh... on second thought, I'm definitely with you... =P

bleachit
10-04-2007, 09:05 AM
what would we do without California or Massachussettes....

um, rejoice?

doc_Zox
10-04-2007, 09:30 AM
ya mean some morning we are going to wake up and NYC will be 6 feet under?
or will it gradually be flooded as the water rises a half an inch every 5 years?

People do not grok events that take hundreds or thousands of years,
but politicians can $ertainly make hay with PANIC!!!!!

I am a firm believer that any "Global Warming" that is human based
is prolly a good thing, as it's unintended consequence is staving off
the mile thick ice sheets that have nerfed human advancement in the past.

A black web page is nothing compared to the energy load of the backend server farm.

skife
10-04-2007, 03:10 PM
"al gore didn't invent the internet, but he did invent global warming"