PDA

View Full Version : Tom, I Am a Bad Product Magnet!

Russ
01-11-2002, 02:17 PM
You've all read my horror story with a MicroE-Mag that never worked.

You've read my "whining" about the bad batch of superbolts...

Well, just a little while ago I received and order from Drop Zone Paintball. In it was a new AGD Intelliframe, among other things. Guess what? The Intelliframe had no safety ball, spring, or setscrew. The tapped hole was filled with polishing compound!

What 'ta heck is going on over there at AGD! :mad:

beam
01-11-2002, 02:30 PM
Man Russ...That sucks. I have followed all of those problems.

My advice? Go by a lottery ticket....because your due.

Truthfully, I know AGD will make it right with you. Just hang in there!

Bartleby
01-11-2002, 02:47 PM
that's kinda funny. i'm the same way with computer hardware, everything i order i have to get twice. the first one comes broken and has to be returned. sucks doesn't it?! :D

Johnny Bravo
01-11-2002, 02:54 PM
Russ, you must have done some horrible things in a previous life to deserve this... :D

Sorry you keep getting ripped, I hope it works out for ya.

irbodden
01-11-2002, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by Russ
You've all read my horror story with a MicroE-Mag that never worked.

You've read my "whining" about the bad batch of superbolts...

Well, just a little while ago I received and order from Drop Zone Paintball. In it was a new AGD Intelliframe, among other things. Guess what? The Intelliframe had no safety ball, spring, or setscrew. The tapped hole was filled with polishing compound!

What 'ta heck is going on over there at AGD! :mad:

What does the MicroEmag have to do with AGD? Proteam Products are the ones who messed the tolerances up at that one.

The Superbolt problem? I agree with what you say, did you own one of these bad bolts? I know you returned it after the recall.

Why didn't you buy the Intelliframe from AGD? I am SURE that wouldn't have happend if you got it straight from them. Might have cost more, but would have saved you some problems.

Gecko
01-11-2002, 04:00 PM
so your saying the guys at dropzone paintball decided to open up the intellframe box, fill in the holes with polishing compound and remove the saftey?
those bastards........
Crap happens and unfortuanatly Russ seems to have stepped into a big pile of it.
Gecko

AGD
01-11-2002, 04:15 PM
Oh geezz... (looks down and shakes his head in defeat).

Russ, please put everything you own from AGD in a box and send it to me. I will look at it personaly. Mark it attn:Tom Kaye from Russ

I find it strange there was polishing compound in the hole because it all gets acid etched out when they ano or plate the parts. Stuff coming up with missing safeties is actually not that unusual. With the guns what happens is they need the spring and ball for a customer so they take it out of a store model thinking to replace it later. It doesn't happen and the gun eventually gets sold with no safety spring etc. In repsonse to this post I have just issued an order to make sure all the Iframe boxes get stapled shut to prevent tampering. I am not saying it wasn't us, I just can't tell if it was us, the dealer, or was returned to the dealer from a previous sale with it missing.

If you want to call me at work this afternoon I will tell the front office to put you through.

AGD

HoppysMag
01-11-2002, 04:25 PM
Tom you are a good man.

Vegeta
01-11-2002, 05:23 PM
Russ, please put everything you own from AGD in a box and send it to me. I will look at it personaly. Mark it attn:Tom Kaye from Russ

Now how often do you hear that!?
Amazing.

Oh and about hte dealer taking out parts to replace somehting broken on a persons gun.. It happens. alot. They just dont wanna detuor the customer and say "well have to send htat to the company, it will cost you 10$" so they just take it off somehting else, then send the thing they took it off of back to the manufacturer saying it broke or it was like that... i swear...

Russ
01-11-2002, 08:35 PM
I ordered the I-frame on 12-26-01. Galen at Drop Zone didn't have them in stock. As soon as he got them in, directly from AGD, he sent mine out to me, which was Monday the 7th. I am not accuseing Drop Zone or any of their employees of somehow "tampering" with the product. Parts were missing. That's all I know.

I cleaned the goo out of the threaded hole, and put the ball, spring and setscrew from my stock plastic frame in the I-Frame. I then called the AGD front office, and they're gonna send me the necessary parts. Too bad I tampered with the evidence before I read Tom's post.

Tom, I'll call Monday. I might just take you up on that offer.

Thanks,
Russ