PDA

View Full Version : XT body and emag rail

TnDeathInc
10-04-2007, 11:48 AM
Ok, I can usually function pretty decently when it comes to mags but heres the problem

I have an XT body. Initially i set it up on a AM/MM rail with a viperblade trigger and an xvavle. Worked flawlessly. I didnt like the gap with the length of the bod and the rail so I got an Emag rail with the sear and sear pin kit form Airgun.

Now I took the plunger off and will save it for my xmags, so in a sense i have the sear installed in the stormwalk lowers with the plunger arm grinded off as there wasnt enough clearance in the lowers to accomidate the movement.

So i fire it up. no leaks the pin closes the gap to the trigger how it should, but now i get not ability to fire. I pull the trigger back and its very, spongy and never trips the valve. I have adjusted the rod length but it does nothing, it pressurizes yet wont fire. All things being equal, the only real thing that has changed is the rail and sear.

Any ideas where to start. Todd is waiting on me at gruntbull so time is of the essence.

thanks for your help in advance.

Working set up
X valve, Am/MM rail and sear with XT body and Stormwalk farme

non working set up
xvalve, New Emag rail and sear, XT body and Stormwalk frame.

BigEvil
10-04-2007, 12:06 PM
Ok, I can usually function pretty decently when it comes to mags but heres the problem

I have an XT body. Initially i set it up on a AM/MM rail with a viperblade trigger and an xvavle. Worked flawlessly. I didnt like the gap with the length of the bod and the rail so I got an Emag rail with the sear and sear pin kit form Airgun.

Now I took the plunger off and will save it for my xmags, so in a sense i have the sear installed in the stormwalk lowers with the plunger arm grinded off as there wasnt enough clearance in the lowers to accomidate the movement.

So i fire it up. no leaks the pin closes the gap to the trigger how it should, but now i get not ability to fire. I pull the trigger back and its very, spongy and never trips the valve. I have adjusted the rod length but it does nothing, it pressurizes yet wont fire. All things being equal, the only real thing that has changed is the rail and sear.

Any ideas where to start. Todd is waiting on me at gruntbull so time is of the essence.

thanks for your help in advance.

Working set up
X valve, Am/MM rail and sear with XT body and Stormwalk farme

non working set up
xvalve, New Emag rail and sear, XT body and Stormwalk frame.

XT said he fully supports his bodies. So if you are having troubles with his body working, contact him directly for tech support. :cheers:

93civiccpe
10-04-2007, 12:24 PM
Sounds like the body isn't the problem though.. if it was working with one rail, and you change the rail and sear.. then it isn't working... something tells me the suspect is the new rail & sear...

Spider-TW
10-04-2007, 12:44 PM
Do you still have a small (1/32") gap between the trigger rod and the back of the trigger when you pressure up? That gap tells you the trigger is not holding the on/off pin back.

BigEvil
10-04-2007, 12:50 PM
Just an FYI - products made to AGD specifications will work together and interchangeably without having to alter ANYTHING.

If you take one frame off of a gun, and it is to spec, and you replace it with another frame which is to spec, then there will not be any functionality issues. Same thing for rails and bodies.

TnDeathInc
10-04-2007, 01:04 PM
Not looking into turning this into an AGD/Trifecta rant about AGD parts and their suppliers.

The body is not the problem. As someone that read and mentioned above the am/mm rail worked fine. I can say that when i take it part the on off has to be pushed back in to remove the xvalve from the body. I was looking for more of try this etc... not call him and get support from a person that went against the minority and made some decent bodies.

+ again its not the body +

even italian sports cars can be off at times, dont think AGD can't be, its just unusual

93civiccpe
10-04-2007, 01:13 PM
Just an FYI - products made to AGD specifications will work together and interchangeably without having to alter ANYTHING.

If you take one frame off of a gun, and it is to spec, and you replace it with another frame which is to spec, then there will not be any functionality issues. Same thing for rails and bodies.

Big E, not trying to doubt you or turn this thread into anything it isn't, but both when I had a ule body and a pariah body, if i switched between different AGD rails I quite often had to make adjustments. This may be what is going on here.

BigEvil
10-04-2007, 02:21 PM
Big E, not trying to doubt you or turn this thread into anything it isn't, but both when I had a ule body and a pariah body, if i switched between different AGD rails I quite often had to make adjustments. This may be what is going on here.

If the trigger rod is set to spec, and if you are not using trigger stops, maybe not. But yes,in this case probably will just take some tinkering to get eveything happy with one another.

TnDeathInc
10-04-2007, 07:48 PM
Got frustrated put in another xvavle...no problem.

Looked at my on off ULT and the little black o ring had been broken.

works fine now.